How are you affected by cancer?

How are you affected by cancer?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Watermarx
    Watermarx
    I feel sorry for you guys; @ Darach and Matchbox. I couldn't even imagine having cancer, but I have had a family member die from it. She was my aunt although I don't remember her. I'm not sure where the cancer was but I want to say it was breast cancer. :[

    And no, I haven't walked for breast cancer yet, but I want to. It's nice that you have though, it's a very good cause.
  2. EdelsteinBraginski_
    EdelsteinBraginski_
    My mom is a colon cancer survivor. You could only imagine how happy I am that she's here now. :')
  3. Steven
    Steven
    Quote Originally Posted by XxpikapikaxX
    My mom is a colon cancer survivor. You could only imagine how happy I am that she's here now. :')
    Let you tell me. =]

    Colon cancer is so hard to get rid of, isn't it? I mean, it's not as aggressive as Melanoma, but it really is just hard to get at, since it is your digestive tract, after all. =/
  4. ii kanji
    ii kanji
    My school has a "Pink Day" once a year, where everyone donates £1 to come in pink and there's loads of events like cake sales, talent comps, teacher embarrassment .etc. It's great fun and it raises a lot of money :)

    It's weird to think that 1 in 3 of us will get cancer at some point in our lives. Let's hope that advances in medicine result in more survivors in the years that come.
  5. ii kanji
    ii kanji
    Quote Originally Posted by ii kanji
    My school has a "Pink Day" once a year for breast cancer, where everyone donates £1 to come in pink and there's loads of events (that you have to pay for of course) like cake sales, talent comps, teacher embarrassment .etc. It's great fun and it raises a lot of money :)

    It's weird to think that 1 in 3 of us will get cancer at some point in our lives. Let's hope that advances in medicine result in more survivors in the years that come.
  6. Luxio
    Luxio
    Um lol.
    Did you quote yourself by accident?
  7. *Leeney*
    *Leeney*
    Quote Originally Posted by ii kanji
    My school has a "Pink Day" once a year, where everyone donates £1 to come in pink and there's loads of events like cake sales, talent comps, teacher embarrassment .etc. It's great fun and it raises a lot of money :)

    It's weird to think that 1 in 3 of us will get cancer at some point in our lives. Let's hope that advances in medicine result in more survivors in the years that come.
    Oooo, my school needs a 'Pink Day'. Maybe I could wear pink on a day dedicated to fighting cancer.

    And a third of us will get cancer? That isn't fair for anyone. I hope they could find a cure or at least have a medicine that reduces your chances
  8. AiedailEclipsed
    AiedailEclipsed
    :: My grandfather on my mother's side has had prostate and some other form of cancer for a while now.
    :: A uncle on my mother's side has prostate cancer.
    :: My grandmother on my dad's side had some form of cancer that ultimately killed her (she died a year before I was born [as did my grandfather on my dad's side.])
    :: My mother had Ovarian cancer (but it was non-threatening thank God) which I'm pretty sure drastically reduces chance of pregnancy, I'm a miracle child I guess.
    :: My cousin had lung cancer and leukemia and died shortly after getting a lung transplant. We were always very close even though she did when I was about 8.
    :: And finally, the one that hurts the most: my "aunt" and godmother. She had melanoma which developed into a potent skin cancer. She died almost 3 years ago, if I remember right. She was my friend, she was there for me, she was my everything.
  9. *Leeney*
    *Leeney*
    Quote Originally Posted by AiedailEclipsed
    :: My grandfather on my mother's side has had prostate and some other form of cancer for a while now.
    :: A uncle on my mother's side has prostate cancer.
    :: My grandmother on my dad's side had some form of cancer that ultimately killed her (she died a year before I was born [as did my grandfather on my dad's side.])
    :: My mother had Ovarian cancer (but it was non-threatening thank God) which I'm pretty sure drastically reduces chance of pregnancy, I'm a miracle child I guess.
    :: My cousin had lung cancer and leukemia and died shortly after getting a lung transplant. We were always very close even though she did when I was about 8.
    :: And finally, the one that hurts the most: my "aunt" and godmother. She had melanoma which developed into a potent skin cancer. She died almost 3 years ago, if I remember right. She was my friend, she was there for me, she was my everything.
    .....so many people you know have cancer. I give you the best of wishes from my heart Aiedail
  10. AiedailEclipsed
    AiedailEclipsed
    Quote Originally Posted by ♣Leeneygirl☼125♣
    .....so many people you know have cancer. I give you the best of wishes from my heart Aiedail
    Thanks Leeney! Its actually not that terrible (yeah, I'm saying that now wait until something sets me off [I'm the kind of person that holds everything inside.])
Results 11 to 20 of 73
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Bookmarks