How are you affected by cancer?

How are you affected by cancer?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. *Leeney*
    *Leeney*
    Well, I don't have cancer but my uncle died from Prostate Cancer and my foster mom is dying from cancer right now.
  2. ii kanji
    ii kanji
    I'm sorry Leeney

    My Grandad died from Lung Cancer, but it was his own damn fault for smoking. My cousin died of cancer in her stomach 4 years ago. She was 23 and about to get married.
  3. Luxio
    Luxio
    I was diagnosed on Thursday (hence the addition of this group).

    I've yet to tell any of my real friends - simply because it is much easier to muster up the power to tell people online and to an extent, have the same effect.
  4. ii kanji
    ii kanji
    If you don't mind me asking, where is it?

    I can imagine how hard it would be to tell people IRL. Until you can muster up the courage I'm sure we'll all support you as little as we can
  5. Luxio
    Luxio
    Quote Originally Posted by ii kanji
    If you don't mind me asking, where is it?

    I can imagine how hard it would be to tell people IRL. Until you can muster up the courage I'm sure we'll all support you as little as we can
    It's testicular cancer - so that is pretty self-explanatory.
  6. Steven
    Steven
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbox
    I was diagnosed on Thursday (hence the addition of this group).

    I've yet to tell any of my real friends - simply because it is much easier to muster up the power to tell people online and to an extent, have the same effect.
    I'm sorry. (Just in typing, I cannot show you hard I am feeling for you, which is explained below.)

    Cancer is the greatest enemy I have ever, and probably ever will, face in my life. 4 weeks ago on Wednesday, my father passed from Melanoma. If anyone in this world deserved to not see death so soon (He was 52.), it was him. He was unconditionally generous to an extent that I cannot even express.
    Almost to the point of irrationality.

    Now, my grandfather is in the same situation, but with lung cancer. The only one who realizes my grandfather does not have as much time with us as everyone thinks is my mother, who isn't even her son! (Stepfather) My grandfather's only son is in complete denile. My mother's sister and brothers are in utter denile as well. And yet, my other one, his brother, is on my mother's side. I personally do not believe he has a much time as they think. The doctor, who has been a trusted family doctor on both of my sides of my family, who tells you very straightforwardly, you only have so and so time left. He declared an an expiration in 3 months time for my grandfather.

    You know the sad part? They are (were) both inpatients in the same hospice building. We went in the first night my grandfather was there, and immediately, people started recognizing me, from the experience with my father. Nurses, inpatients, volunteers, one after the other, "Hey, aren't you...?", "Weren't you just here...?". It seems nice on the outside, but really, is utterly dank and temporally unnecessary, if you ask me.
  7. ii kanji
    ii kanji
    Darach, I'm so sorry for you *hugs*
  8. Steven
    Steven
    Arigato kanji-chan.
  9. *Leeney*
    *Leeney*
    Aw, I wish the best for every victim of cancer here. Has anyone walked the Breast Cancer walk yet? I have and it was fun. I did it two years in a row
  10. Steven
    Steven
    Quote Originally Posted by ♣Leeneygirl☼125♣
    Aw, I wish the best for every victim of cancer here. Has anyone walked the Breast Cancer walk yet? I have and it was fun. I did it two years in a row
    Good for you, from the bottom of my heart. ^_^
Results 1 to 10 of 73
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Bookmarks