Will they tone down the difficulty to match XY? - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will they tone down the difficulty to match XY?

Default Re: Wil they tone down the difficulty to match XY?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixon View Post
    "would be given post-E4.
    I think this makes sense cuz if they give the XY one early on, it would make the story (pre-E4) way too easy. Yes, I know you can turn it off, but just the opportunity to speed through the game is tempting even if you want a challenge imo.
    But leveling up post-E4 can sometimes be a pain, so I would welcome the Exp. Share from X and Y for it."
    This. This right here would be great.
    They need to do this or:
    1. Set NPC level cap to 100 (lvl 100 Champions B))

Or

2. Divide the exp by how many pokemon are getting it. (6 Pokes= Regular exp earned/6)

IGN: Arcueid/Taira FC: 2921 - 9347 - 3205 Friend Safari: Bug

Blog Entries

Default Re: Will they tone down the difficulty to match XY?

I hope not. While I didn't consider XY super easy like everyone else did (did not use EXP. Share), it wasn't that challenging, either, except for Hawlucha. They did better giving higher leveled Pokemon in Gym teams, but this three Pokemon thing is really starting to piss me off. I hope they make them true remakes and keep the difficulty the same. Otherwise, I DEMAND Challenge Mode at the beginning of the game. Keep the teams for the Gym Leaders (Norman, specifically) and the Elite Four the same or more challenging. I better not see the Elite Four challengable in any order with 4 Pokemon each. Tate and Liza better have two Pokemon each to assure that the last leader won't have three.

Considering the last remakes, I do have faith that they can retain the difficulty level, but the question is if they will.

Blog Entries

I hope not. I personally didn't find XY super easy, and used the Exp. Share from time to time, but there still wasn't much of a challenge. Of the Hoenn games, I only ever played Emerald and considered it to be okay in terms of difficulty. If they do try on making it easier for some reason, I'd hope they bring back the challenge mode from BW2 to give us the choice on how difficult we want it to be.

Pokemon was never meant to be a hard game though...even if there are a lot of older people playing this is the series of games that parents will buy their kids for the holidays. It's been directed to kids and always will be. As for the Exp. All, that is a complete non-factor. You can choose to use it or not. If the game has nearly as many trainers as X/Y, your team will be overleveled either way.
    Madly in love with Articuno and Vaporeon!

Personally, I would prefer if they kept the difficulty it had in RSE or revamped it to match that of BW2.
    GPX+: | VDP:

Quote Originally Posted by Nate21212 View Post
    Pokemon was never meant to be a hard game though...even if there are a lot of older people playing this is the series of games that parents will buy their kids for the holidays. It's been directed to kids and always will be. As for the Exp. All, that is a complete non-factor. You can choose to use it or not. If the game has nearly as many trainers as X/Y, your team will be overleveled either way.
    It is not a non-factor. The EXP.share is one of, if not THE main reason, X/Y were the easiest games in the series. Hopefully it will not be present in OR/AS and if it is present, lets hope its back to how it worked in pre-Gen VI games. Also yes, Pokémon aren't mean to be hard games, but until Generation IV, they weren't meant to be beaten by 2-years old kids either. There was difficulty in the older games, not Battletoads level of difficulty, obviously, but the games weren't boringly easy either. Also, don't underestimate kids. As I kid, I managed to beat a handful of hard games, like most of the classic Mega Man series. Sometimes kids are able to beat games with more easy than adults, in fact.

I hope they can create something challenging. Being able to beat the majority of the Gym leaders with brute force by simply trading KO for KO because they had so few pokemon was no fun. Weirdly, the hardest gym for me was Grant's Rock gym. Apparently my entire team was was weak to either rock or Dark at that point, so Tyrunt was deadly. But I loved that challenge. By the end, I found myself with exp. all turned off, strategically avoiding tall grass to not level up more than I needed, which was no fun.

Go home Kalos rivers, you're drunk.
    My URPG Stats

Blog Entries
    Follow PyroKinesis On Twitter

Only time I used the EXP Share in X/Y was when I was grinding up my Pokemon to match the level of the highest leveled Pokemon the Gym Leader/Champion had. Same thing with the Lucky Egg.

They should add the Easy, Normal and Challenge mode but not in the way it was handled in B/W2 with those stupid keys, it should be available from the start.

Claimer of Garchomp and Steam Eruption

3DS 4682-9334-0694

♦ ceaseless rain ♦ Neosquid's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Neosquid on Facebook
    Follow Neosquid on Tumblr

If they make it too easy I'm gonna be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate21212 View Post
    It is not a non-factor. The EXP.share is one of, if not THE main reason, X/Y were the easiest games in the series. Hopefully it will not be present in OR/AS and if it is present, lets hope its back to how it worked in pre-Gen VI games. Also yes, Pokémon aren't mean to be hard games, but until Generation IV, they weren't meant to be beaten by 2-years old kids either. There was difficulty in the older games, not Battletoads level of difficulty, obviously, but the games weren't boringly easy either. Also, don't underestimate kids. As I kid, I managed to beat a handful of hard games, like most of the classic Mega Man series. Sometimes kids are able to beat games with more easy than adults, in fact.
    XY's EXP. Share makes level grinding and EV Training a lot easier, I think it should be available in the post game.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroKinesis View Post
    Only time I used the EXP Share in X/Y was when I was grinding up my Pokemon to match the level of the highest leveled Pokemon the Gym Leader/Champion had. Same thing with the Lucky Egg.
    I didn't even do that. I challenged all Gym Leaders, Elite Fours and the Champion with an underleveled team. It was much more challenging and fun. In fact, if not by my lovely Aegislash, I would have lost twice against the Elite Four. In my second playthrough, though, I tried turning the EXP.Share on and it was awful. By the time I reached a Gym, my least used Pokémon would be 5~10 levels above the most level Pokémon in the Gym Leader's team. I honestly have no idea why Game Freak thought giving the Exp.Share in the main game would be a good idea. The feature is extremely useful in the post-game, when you want to level up fast to have online battles, but during the main game it is the most "anti-fun" feature ever created by an human being.

Visit Kwame120's Youtube Channel

Hopefully not...but I'm fearing that they will. I've found post-Heartgold quite easy, hopefully they can bring the difficulty back. They still can, it just tends to be the postgame stuff like the World Tournament. Maybe we'll have a mode with "Classic" difficulty and "Casual" difficulty, to borrow the terms from Fire Emblem.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm hoping no, but it probably will be. The direction they've taken in difficulty and design changed drastically in BW1, I have a feeling they consider it "necessary" to dumb down the game to the point where a braindead monkey could beat it. If they can bring back Challenge Mode and do it right this time, though, then it won't matter as much because all of the experienced players can just stick with Challenge Mode the entire game, which would have a more comparable difficulty to the originals. Levels would probably also be changed to match XY's pacing, I highly doubt the Exp. Share is changing either.

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I really hope not. I enjoyed X/Y, but there were points where it was way too easy, particularly against the Elite 4. They should have had stronger teams and at least five Pokemon. I didn't even use the Exp. Share since I thought that made level grinding too easy and unrewarding, if that makes any sense. I don't remember R/S/E being particularly challenging for me, but I definitely remember struggling against a couple of Gym leaders and the Elite 4, especially Wallace. I would hope that they would keep the levels for the teams pretty much the same. I wouldn't mind if they kept the Exp. Share the same way as it was in X/Y, as long as the levels either are kept the same or they're increased a bit. Allowing for easy or hard modes would solve the problem though.

Blog Entries

I'd like the Gym Leaders, Elite Four, and Champion to all be kind of difficult. It's true that in Y I went in and swept the Pokemon League without much effort. The fight got close only when I went in with a severely underleveled team post-game. Replaying several older games, I noticed how much harder it was to grind, with my team just barely keeping up with the AI's levels. And keep those 2 psychic twin Gym Leaders (Liza and Tate?) as tough as they were in the originals. As much as I hated those two, I'd hate to see them nerfed.
    3DS Friend Code: 3136-7234-1327
    Y: Black
    Alpha Sapphire: Terminus

Claimer of the Keyblade, the Wabbajack, Phoenix Down, Lucina, the Silver Bow, and Roxas.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast