Two Bikes or One? - Page 4

View Poll Results: What will happen to the two bikes in OR/AS?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Two bikes are back (Mach and Acro)

41 47.13%
  • One bike with two gears

34 39.08%
  • One bike and roller skates replace Acro Bike

12 13.79%
  • Something else entirely...

0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Two Bikes or One?

Default Re: Two Bikes or One?

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ur Askan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolty94 View Post
    Well now that we know both the Mach and Acro Bike will be returning, do you think we'll be able to choose colours for the bikes?
    In a trailer that was uploaded on YouTube yesterday, we can see May riding what appears to be a blue-colored bike, while Brendan is riding a red-colored bike. I am going to guess those are the two colors we'll get to chose from. Of course, the footage is not final, as it states in the trailer.

Click here to watch it. If you just want to see the colors of the bicylces, May is shown at :19, and Brendan is shown at :20.
    Pretty sure Blue is Mach and Red is Acro~
    That's correct. That's how it was in RSE, anyway. It'll be safe to assume it'll be the same in ORAS, I suppose.
    Last edited by Ur Askan; 13th June 2014 at 10:09 PM.
    ◄ 3DS Name: Al ■ IGN: Élodie ■ Version: Pokémon X ■ FS: Crawdaunt, Sableye, Nuzleaf ►

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yato View Post
    Hopefully... there are two color choices and the two gears are included in one bike. It's troublesome to go back all the way to Mauville to switch bikes.
    I doubt it. It seems pretty obvious that they're different bikes what with having separate art and all.

The adventure tools section on the official site already confirms the two bikes we saw as Mach and Acro.

Þæ åsåmste mæn ån þæ sæit Battaman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

WHY? This is just an annoying "feature" that do nothing to enhance the gameplay experience. Having two gears on the bike like in DPPt is so much better than this nonsense.

FC: 2766-8797-7935 Known as Bent in game
    Due to reaching 90 friends om my 3DS, I will not add anyone anymore random people, I'm sorry, don't take it personally.

Ugh, i guess this is one of those cases where nostalgia beats convenience, the constant need to switch between Mach and Acro bike is one of my least favourite part of the game.

Claimer of Garchomp and Steam Eruption

The best part is this:

Move around the Hoenn region swiftly by grabbing a Bike, one of the Key Items you’ll collect on your journey. You’ll choose between one of two special Bikes: the Acro Bike, built for technical skill, and the Mach Bike, built for speed. Pick the Bike to match the landscape, and make your journey speedier and smarter!
    Yes! Make your journey speedier by going back to Mauville every single time you see an obstacle that your current bike can't handle!

It would be much better if:

1) Mauville was like Kalos and you pass by it multiple times

2) Your PokeNav told you what bike matched the landscape.

Yes, we probably know now what bike to use, but as newcomers, we didn't

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    The best part is this:

Move around the Hoenn region swiftly by grabbing a Bike, one of the Key Items you’ll collect on your journey. You’ll choose between one of two special Bikes: the Acro Bike, built for technical skill, and the Mach Bike, built for speed. Pick the Bike to match the landscape, and make your journey speedier and smarter!
    Yes! Make your journey speedier by going back to Mauville every single time you see an obstacle that your current bike can't handle!
    I'd like to think Game Freak realized that was a pain in the ass, but it appears they will continue to troll us. It would be nice to own both bikes, but that would be too convenient for them to allow.
    ◄ 3DS Name: Al ■ IGN: Élodie ■ Version: Pokémon X ■ FS: Crawdaunt, Sableye, Nuzleaf ►

If they allowed us to own both bikes, that would take up at least two slots in our "Select" option--they might as well have given us gear changes. Perhaps its on the customization screen, but that doesn't change the fact that you can't do anything about it when you're in the middle of a route.

Can you imagine if you went to Sky Pillar only to find you brought the wrong bike? (talking about in RS, not Emerald)

If they allowed us to own both bikes, that would take up at least two slots in our "Select" option--they might as well have given us gear changes. Perhaps its on the customization screen, but that doesn't change the fact that you can't do anything about it when you're in the middle of a route.
    Yeah, I'd be OK with gear changes. I never understood the need for two bicycles, anyway. Just have one with both styles. It's not like we can't suspend our disbelief.

Can you imagine if you went to Sky Pillar only to find you brought the wrong bike? (talking about in RS, not Emerald)
    Childhood nightmare. That is all.

Þæ åsåmste mæn ån þæ sæit Battaman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Don't need to, I was so hyped that I found a new place that going back to switch and get back wasn't a big deal at all. It was much worse in regular play.

FC: 2766-8797-7935 Known as Bent in game
    Due to reaching 90 friends om my 3DS, I will not add anyone anymore random people, I'm sorry, don't take it personally.

Blog Entries

Sigh... why you do this Game Freak? You just pissed off thousands of dedicated fans with your insistence on having two bicycles. Way to go.
    3DS Friend Code: 3136-7234-1327 IGN: Black

If you're important enough to have your own epic battle theme... you're important enough.

Blog Entries

It was a given both Bikes were going to return. They rarely change much of anything in remakes.

I don't see why there's even complaints about having to go to Mauville to switch anyway. The zones where the Acro Bike is actually needed were one-off zones with some rare item. Once you got the items, there was no reason whatsoever to go back to them. I think a couple Secret Bases, Berry patches, and one of the Safari Zone areas were the only Acro Bike locations that would require any revisit if at all. You can make your Secret Base in a more accessible place if you so desire, there's several other Berry patches that are easier to get to all over Hoenn so you only really need to pick the Berries in those rare patches and you're done, and I highly doubt anyone feels actually compelled to go back to the Safari Zone area after getting the exclusive Pokémon found there. It's much easier to just resort to breeding than dealing with Safari Zone shenanigans. This is even assuming they keep the Safari Zone the same. So yeah, you don't even need the Acro Bike for most of the game anyway. You only need it once or twice and that's it. Unless they add more Acro Bike zones, but I highly doubt it.

"I'm sure that we and Pokémon have helped each other and enriched the world since ancient times. These memories have been engraved in each Pokémon's heart! So, I want Pokémon and people to get closer and closer! As the Champion, I want to tell that to everybody!"

Registered User Fairy Type Arceus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Battaman View Post
    Don't need to, I was so hyped that I found a new place that going back to switch and get back wasn't a big deal at all. It was much worse in regular play.
    In the main story line you don't need a bike at all to get through sky pillar (emerald)

Eh, I dealt with it in RSE, I can deal with it now. Plus, I know the general plan for bike switching.
    Mt. Chimney (Jagged Pass) area: Acro
    Desert: Mach
    Sky Pillar: Mach
    Granite Cave: Mach
    Fortree area: Acro
    Cycling Road: Mach

Really, besides the Fortree area and Jagged Pass (along with Safari Zone/secret base locations for revisits if needed) the Mach is fine everywhere else. IIRC.

I look forward to throwing my 3DS at the wall while doing Sky Pillar.
    Normal Safari: Liliipup, Audino, Chansey

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast