Two Bikes or One? - Page 2

View Poll Results: What will happen to the two bikes in OR/AS?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Two bikes are back (Mach and Acro)

41 47.13%
  • One bike with two gears

34 39.08%
  • One bike and roller skates replace Acro Bike

12 13.79%
  • Something else entirely...

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Bikes or One?

Default Re: Two Bikes or One?

Two bikes, and remove the crappy roller skates.

So you want to be a hero? Stuntology's Avatar

I want one bike with two gears and the skates as a separate thing. I just loved messing around with the tricks on the acro bike too much to want it to be replaced.

However, I could definitely see the skates taking over its function.

Goblins and Saurus and Cheetaurs, oh my!

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They probably won't remove two bikes.

I'd like the bikes to stay, some areas of Hoenn were creatively put together so you needed one bike or another to gain access and it added to the adventuring in the game imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

Blog Entries

Wow... this is unexpected. I thought most people would pick the third option, and the LEAST people would pick the first option, but it turns out I was COMPLETELY wrong.

So, I guess I'm gonna have to write a longer post on why I think, imo, not only is the third option (roller skates replace acro bikes), the most likely, but it's also the best idea. Hear me out.

Why the first option is unlikely: Firstly, having two bikes the way they were done in RSE was just very inconvenient, especially before you get fly. I mean, I have to walk all the way back to that specific town just to change my bike?! It's so inconvenient, in fact, that I think Gen IV's idea of two gears was made just to remove said inconvenience. If that is true, then it would make more sense for them to bring back the two geared bike instead of two bikes, but...

Why the second option is unlikely: We already have skates. OR/AS will be made from XY's engine, so it would be easier for GF to just use the skates that are already there instead of removing them. Or, they could change the current bike to a two-geared one and keep the skates, but then what would be the point of the skates then if they function almost the same way as the low-geared bike? The easiest option for GameFreak is to just replace all parts of the game involving the Acro bike with the skates. It saves them work and time.

Why the third option is the best idea for consumers: First, as I said before, it's more convenient than having two bikes, that can only be switched at a certain place. You can have both a bike and roller skates in your bag. Second, it's better for newer fans that haven't played the original RS. They'll be familiar with the concept of skates and a bike, but they won't be familiar with the concept of two bikes. Neither will they be familiar with gears if they haven't played DPPt. They'll already know how to use the skates and what they can be used for. And third, finally, the most useless reason, having skates and a bike provides more transportation variety. Two bikes are just TWO kinds of bikes. At least skates and bikes look a lot more different. They provide different mediums of transport, whereas having two bikes just provides... the same medium of transport but two kinds? I mean, having two different mediums seems more creative, imo.

Well, this is just what I think, anyway. I might be wrong. But I hope with what you've read here, you may reconsider your vote on the poll.....
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    This is completely beside the point, but I get a warm, fuzzy and vaguely manic feeling when I see all these posts from other forums on here and realize the pokemon fandom is incredibly interconnected. We're all here and there and over there....it's cool in a sort of, "Oh God, I don't know why I'm laughing!" way.

Blog Entries

Where's the skateboard option? I'm assuming they'll have the two bikes again, these are remakes after all. It would stupid not to include them. I don't know why they didn't keep them in the other games in the first place.
    Touch not thy cat without a glove.
    Seriously, it's not a good idea.

...!

One bike with two gears please, one of the things that aggravated me in R/S/E was everytime i needed the bike i wasn't currently using i had to go back to the Bike Shop and switch for the other, this doesn't add challenge or fun, it just adds annoyance and tedium.

Claimer of Garchomp and Steam Eruption

3DS 4682-9334-0694

Scandal in the FireNation Akira Bond's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I personally hope roller skates will make a return to ORAS. I was quite happy with having a good alternative to riding a bike. I prefer using the roller skates than the bike, and considering in X and Y they had the feature of doing tricks with the skates, I could imagine them replacing the acro bike and keeping the skates, for convenience and for variety.

Giving us more transportation varieties is another way to give our characters a slight more customisation and personality.

Blog Entries

I actually like the idea of using skates instead of the Acro, as switching bikes is inconvenient. We could get a 2 gear bike, but as stated above, the skates are already in this generation's engine and I think it'd be easier for GF to include that instead of two bikes.

Blog Entries

Two bikes for sure.

Am I the only one who hated the roller skates in X&Y? I just preferred running, even though you could still run with the d-pad. The thing I hated the most was how there wasn't a way to disable them, I really want to be able to run with the circle pad. If they do return in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire I hope there's a way to disable them.

I don’t get how Skates can be even considered as replacement for Acro. You can’t do wheelie or bunny hops on Skates. Also, because of new graphics I think Acro and Mach will have visible differences in design and riding animation, so they should be kept as separate bikes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shiny_magikarp View Post
    I don’t get how Skates can be even considered as replacement for Acro. You can’t do wheelie or bunny hops on Skates. Also, because of new graphics I think Acro and Mach will have visible differences in design and riding animation, so they should be kept as separate bikes.
    You can't do flips on the Acro bike. They could easily replace the acro bike with the skates, and my personal choice is to want more variety in transportation.

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Bond View Post
    You can't do flips on the Acro bike. They could easily replace the acro bike with the skates, and my personal choice is to want more variety in transportation.
    But I didn't say they can't include Skates and both bikes in OR/AS. Most likely everything will be included.

Imma drink my tears & cry Fairy Ice Ricky's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Fairy Ice Ricky On Twitter
    Follow Fairy Ice Ricky on Tumblr

Ideally I would like the gears option from DPPt so that you don't need to switch between bikes all the time, but I wouldn't mind switching between bikes the ol' fashion way for nostalgic reasons. They can keep the skates for those who are a fan of them, I guess I didn't necessarily hate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixon View Post
    Why the third option is the best idea for consumers: [...] Second, it's better for newer fans that haven't played the original RS. They'll be familiar with the concept of skates and a bike, but they won't be familiar with the concept of two bikes. Neither will they be familiar with gears if they haven't played DPPt. They'll already know how to use the skates and what they can be used for.
    What? Why can't they simply keep the instruction manuals from RSE, or have an NPC (like Rad Rickshaw from DPPt) quickly explain to you how to use the bikes when you speak to them? It's not like the controls are difficult to explain. We also shouldn't forget that you needed to talk to six different NPCs to understand the full potential of the skates, but granted most of the tricks they teach you are optional so whatever.

You didn't need to do skate flips in XY to access certain parts of Kalos. You did, however, needed to do bunny hops in RSE to access certain parts of Hoenn.

3DS Friend Code: 5086-1398-3204 ▪|▪ 3DS/Pokémon X Name: Ricky
    Friend Safari: Steel - Klefki, Ferroseed, Forretress
    Claims: Lucario & Lucarionite ▪|▪ Teravolt ▪|▪ Fusion Bolt ▪|▪ Red Orb ▪|▪ Boutique [Pokémon X/Y]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Ricky View Post
    Ideally I would like the gears option from DPPt so that you don't need to switch between bikes all the time, but I wouldn't mind switching between bikes the ol' fashion way for nostalgic reasons. They can keep the skates for those who are a fan of them, I guess I didn't necessarily hate them.

What? Why can't they simply keep the instruction manuals from RSE, or have an NPC (like Rad Rickshaw from DPPt) quickly explain to you how to use the bikes when you speak to them? It's not like the controls are difficult to explain. We also shouldn't forget that you needed to talk to six different NPCs to understand the full potential of the skates, but granted most of the tricks they teach you are optional so whatever.

You didn't need to do skate flips in XY to access certain parts of Kalos. You did, however, needed to do bunny hops in RSE to access certain parts of Hoenn.
    Assuming the ORAS games still require you to do tricks in order to access areas, Gamefreak can incorporate the requirement of having to do skating tricks instead of bike tricks in order to access those areas. Of course I wouldn't mind if they still require bike tricks in order to gain access to areas, as long as skating is still a transportation feature in Pokemon ORAS. In the event that biking tricks are required as well as biking speed, then I agree with those who want both the Acro bike and the mach bike to become one, instead of continuing to have two separate bikes.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast