Two Bikes or One?

View Poll Results: What will happen to the two bikes in OR/AS?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Two bikes are back (Mach and Acro)

41 47.13%
  • One bike with two gears

34 39.08%
  • One bike and roller skates replace Acro Bike

12 13.79%
  • Something else entirely...

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Bikes or One?

Blog Entries

Default Two Bikes or One?

Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald are the only games where they introduced TWO bicycles, each with their own features.
    There's the Acro Bike, which, although slower than the other one, allowed you to do tricks and even "hop" on.
    And there's the super-fast Mach Bike, which is fast enough to go up slopes and ride over cracked tiles.

Personally, I found it pretty annoying having to switch bikes whenever I needed the other one. D/P/Pt had just one Bike with two gears. So, it's possible they could re-introduce this, by making the Achro bike the slow gear, and the Mach bike the fast gear.

And then there's also the roller skates. The roller skates are a very good alternative to the Acro Bike, and I actually think it's what GF should do:

So, do you think that GF will do? Will they re-introduce the two bikes separately? Will they have one bike with two gears? Or, will they just stcik with what we already have and keep let the ordinary bike replace the mach bike, and the roller skates replace the acro bike? Or do you think they'll do something completely different?
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    This is completely beside the point, but I get a warm, fuzzy and vaguely manic feeling when I see all these posts from other forums on here and realize the pokemon fandom is incredibly interconnected. We're all here and there and over there....it's cool in a sort of, "Oh God, I don't know why I'm laughing!" way.

Default Re: Two Bikes or One?

Probably, as you suggested, have the roller skates (with their tricks) replace the Achro bike, and one, Mach, Bike.
    Pearl FC: 0689 8559 2961
    Platinum FC: 3868 1384 3198
    SoulSilver FC: 2021 2908 5745
    Black 2 FC: 4170 2700 6717

My shop!

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

I want them to come back as one bike. Mach + Acro as one, changable via gears. It was a small chore to go back to the bike shop to switch between them (because the Safari Zone had different areas accessible depending on the bike)

GF would likely merge the two into one bike that has different gear shifts to save time.
    GPX+: | VDP:

Skates aren't as fast as the bike, so I can't see them replacing it.
    I'd say gears are more likely, which means the cycle road will only time you if you stick to Mach Mode.

I think the skates would definitely replace the Acro bike to a point: after all, we can already use them to ride on rails and do all sorts of tricks: leaving only hopping to the Acro bike would make it kind of pointless…

Either add "hopping" to the list of things you can do on skates (*unlikely, imo it would make hopping-obstacles too easy to get over) or add another gear to Mach bike.

I found the XY bike almost too fast and too hard to control, so three speeds would be nice: "Acro" speed - the slowest (maybe even slower than skates) but allows you to hop over obstacles, "normal" speed - faster than skates, the basic bike speed for getting around, and "Mach" speed - the fastest speed, allowing you to zoom over obstacles but leaving you with more difficulty controlling the movements.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lugia61617 View Post
    Skates aren't as fast as the bike, so I can't see them replacing it.
    Yeah, but the Acro bike isn't as fast as the Mach bike either. Which is why I can see skates replacing the Acro bike.
    This is completely beside the point, but I get a warm, fuzzy and vaguely manic feeling when I see all these posts from other forums on here and realize the pokemon fandom is incredibly interconnected. We're all here and there and over there....it's cool in a sort of, "Oh God, I don't know why I'm laughing!" way.

Blog Entries
    Follow Muur On Twitter
    Follow Muur on Tumblr Visit Muur's Youtube Channel

Both bikes, although I wouldn't be surprised to have 2 gears, would be less of a hassle.

I think maybe there will be one bike and then you can shift gears :) it seems easier :)

Blog Entries

To those who wish to have one bike with two gears:

If they do that, what will happen to the roller skates? Will they even have roller skates in OR/AS then?

Blog Entries

I hope they'd make one bike a just make it shift gears to go into either mach/acro mode. It was really annoying having to go switch them over and over. I dunno about the roller skates. I guess I wouldn't be that surprised if they did show up, but I'm not to sure.

Blog Entries

I'm thinking they might just do the two bikes~ I don't know if they'll keep the skates, after all~ If they don't keep both bikes, I'm thinking they'll do the two gears~

I'd want the geared bike again. But it is a remake, and there's only so far they're going to go I think. I'm calling two bikes.

Lets be bold! Tricycle is where its at! I wanna roll around in 3 wheeled glory!
    Favorite Pokemon is Aggron!
    3DS Friend Code : 2234-7218-8224

I kinda liked the whole two bikes thing, it was interesting that you could've gone some places with one bike but be locked out of some without the other. TBH, I actually wish they'd expand on this a bit more and have whole areas that only each bike could access rather than just small goodies.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast