SPECULATION: Things You Don't Want To See In ORAS - Page 4
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Things You Don't Want To See In ORAS

Default Re: Things You Don't Want To See In ORAS

* Difficult methods of getting The Regis and Feebas
    * The old weather animation effect, one turn of weather animated in battle has been perfect.
    * The old Exp. Share
    * Poke Bank / Poke transporter and trading with X/Y to not be available before the post-game
    * Sceptile and Swampert to not get Mega Evolutions
    * Blaziken to get a 2nd Mega Evolution

Can I also remark the "Dumbed Down Difficulty" thing...could it not just be that we're used to all the tricks of the game series now so it SEEMS easy?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lugia61617 View Post
    Can I also remark the "Dumbed Down Difficulty" thing...could it not just be that we're used to all the tricks of the game series now so it SEEMS easy?
    Yeah, very good point. After all, Pokémon was always meant to be for everyone, not just for veterans. It would be unwise for GF to raise the difficulty too much. Gym leaders being too easy? At the risk of being repetitious, again, I have to say, there are ways to get around, and there are Battle Facilities for Veterans. (See my earlier post) Gym leaders being too hard? Maybe good TMs, and/or good Pokémon (depending on the version/generation) may help a bit, but if not, then the only guaranteed choice you have would be further level grinding - which Gen 5 rendered it as a unfeasible option with the Exp scaling. (Now that's an abomination I wouldn't want to ever see again!)
    Last edited by henrymidfields; 14th May 2014 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lufenian View Post
    The new Exp. Share. It makes the game way too easy. My only serious complaint about X/Y was this, and I hope it does get removed here. Or at least left until post-game play so the story isn't hampered by the player becoming over-powered.
    As much as I may dislike it and think it made me fly through X way too fast, it can be turned off.

With that taken into account, I can't see why it matters - to those who don't want to use it - when it's added, or even whether or not it is added. It's completely optional. So basically you're just saying "I don't want this, so nobody gets to have it"
    ~~

After playing a shit ton of Battle Maison/Institute and online i decided to play Emerald and good lord it was easy as hell, i only struggled once and it was against Norman's Slaking, it was because my Hariyama was 4 levels below it and its Facade would do a shit ton of damage but Slaking Truant is so exploitable that i OHKO it with a +2 Vital Throw, pretty much everything else was an utter joke and Wallace is easily the most easy Champion ever, my Manectric was 5 levels below his weakest pokemon and i still swept his entire team with Thunderbolt spam and a Giga Drain with Ludicolo on his Whiscash and btw i was playing on Set so no free switching.

Claimer of Garchomp and Steam Eruption

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't want

-Sceptile and Swampert not to get megas
    -May and/or Brendan being replaced by new characters
    -lower difficulty unless there is also an option to make it harder at the beginning of the game. Keep gym leader teams the same or make them harder, NOT easier.
    -May, Brendan, and Wally having the exact same role. Please let them battle us more, have more relevance to the plot, have a full team, and fully evolve their starter.
    -Elite 4 following the Unova/Kalos model.
    -No megas anywhere until beating the game. This one won't really make me that upset if they choose to not put megas anywhere in the story mode, but I think it could work well seeing as so many gen 3 Pokémon have megas, including one of the starters currently.
    -Old Exp. Share. I like the newer version as it makes leveling up easier for post game.

Other than these I can't really think of anything I really don't want to see.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I don't want May back, in FRLG, and HGSS we got a new female character to advertise the games, want this to be true now, can not stand May she needs to go!

Don't want to see fairy type and megas wedged in with no explanation.

Don't want to see the Magma/Aqua story the same with no depth or explanation.

Blog Entries

I've played through Diamond and Platinum several times, and maybe it's just me, but it still feels like a considerable challenge each time. Same for Emerald. I can't really say the same for BW or BW2. Capping the number of Pokemon for Gyms at 3, and the E4 at 4 really reduces the challenge, especially when you consider Emerald began the game with 3 Pokemon at the 1st gym. In replaying X, I realize that it really is a bit challenging (considering you don't use the EXP. Share) in terms of levels, but there is still that issue of Gyms capping at 3 that really makes the gyms feel a bit too easy, and those are the most important battles in the game. Even the double battles are easier; they only ever have 1 Pokemon each. Then there's the fact that these games just seem to hand out power ups considerably early. Gen 5 gave you a lucky egg and XY introduced the "EXP. All Version Insane" so that it's unlikely you'll ever need to grind (which I had to do without it).

So maybe it is all up to opinion. I can't say I've ever found any of the games "too easy", but they do seem to be getting easier with all the freebies, new E4 format, and caps on the number of Pokemon Gym Leaders use.

Blog Entries

Things I don't want to see:

-The R/S storyline. It was stupid and it needs an overhaul.
    -The Rival quitting halfway and Wally with less than five different cutscenes.
    -Starter bias/favoritism. (I'm still pissed about Charizard. Don't make me hate Blaziken.)
    -A barren Post-game. Battle Frontier can come back, but give us more.
    -Juan.
    -On that note, Wallace as Champion.
    -Old Exp. Share. I love the new one.
    -Having to return to Mauville to switch bikes. Do it like DPPt and give it a gear shift.
    -The same ocean route of Eastern Hoenn. Make it more varied/interesting.
    -The same Regional Dex. Update it.
    -A lack of player customization.

That's all I can think of for now. I'm sure there's more.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    I've played through Diamond and Platinum several times, and maybe it's just me, but it still feels like a considerable challenge each time. Same for Emerald. I can't really say the same for BW or BW2. Capping the number of Pokemon for Gyms at 3, and the E4 at 4 really reduces the challenge, especially when you consider Emerald began the game with 3 Pokemon at the 1st gym. In replaying X, I realize that it really is a bit challenging (considering you don't use the EXP. Share) in terms of levels, but there is still that issue of Gyms capping at 3 that really makes the gyms feel a bit too easy, and those are the most important battles in the game. Even the double battles are easier; they only ever have 1 Pokemon each. Then there's the fact that these games just seem to hand out power ups considerably early. Gen 5 gave you a lucky egg and XY introduced the "EXP. All Version Insane" so that it's unlikely you'll ever need to grind (which I had to do without it).

So maybe it is all up to opinion. I can't say I've ever found any of the games "too easy", but they do seem to be getting easier with all the freebies, new E4 format, and caps on the number of Pokemon Gym Leaders use.
    The E4 format could be fixed if the teams scale up each time you beat one.

Registered User Fairy Type Arceus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
    After playing a shit ton of Battle Maison/Institute and online i decided to play Emerald and good lord it was easy as hell, i only struggled once and it was against Norman's Slaking, it was because my Hariyama was 4 levels below it and its Facade would do a shit ton of damage but Slaking Truant is so exploitable that i OHKO it with a +2 Vital Throw, pretty much everything else was an utter joke and Wallace is easily the most easy Champion ever, my Manectric was 5 levels below his weakest pokemon and i still swept his entire team with Thunderbolt spam and a Giga Drain with Ludicolo on his Whiscash and btw i was playing on Set so no free switching.
    Me on the other hand whom did the same thing recently struggled against wallce xD i had the same mantirc too it came down to wailord in the end to beat him with ater spout and he had almost no health left.

But wanna talk hard i fought steven in emerald recently and gen 3 metagross is op toke me forever with no fire types.

i always knew. Ivysaur's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Diamond and Pearl were the definitely the pinnacle of the series as far as difficulty goes imo. Gym Leaders + the Elite Four weren't pushovers like they've been recently. You couldn't breeze through with a bad team and no strategy, but if you trained a balanced party and played well, you never needed to grind. Anywhere between that and the original RS difficulty works for me; I really don't want GameFreak to go down the BW/BW2/XY route again, but if they have to, at least bring back Challenge Mode and let us enable it from the beginning.

At the same time, one of the best things about Hoenn was how open-ended and non-linear it was, which helped make it feel like more of a real place. Unova and Kalos were conscious efforts to simplify the adventure and make things more linear (this has been confirmed in interviews). So hopefully GameFreak doesn't deviate from what made Hoenn great.
    Last edited by Ivysaur; 14th May 2014 at 03:16 PM.
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

Quote Originally Posted by Ivysaur View Post
    Diamond and Pearl were the definitely the pinnacle of the series as far as difficulty goes imo (I'd actually say they were a bit harder than RGB). Trainers had balanced, high-leveled teams, and Gym Leaders + the Elite Four weren't pushovers. It struck the perfect balance between not needing to grind but not being able to breeze through the game with a bad team and no strategy. Anywhere between that and the original RS difficulty is fine. I don't want GameFreak to go down the BW/BW2/XY route.
    I agree about D/P/PT being the pinnacle of difficulty but RGB? Gen 1 games are easily the most easy games in the entire franchise, the atrocious AI, the fact that it doesn't require any strategy or skill, it's just spam your strongest attack and win.

i always knew. Ivysaur's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I agree about D/P/PT being the pinnacle of difficulty but RGB? Gen 1 games are easily the most easy games in the entire franchise, the atrocious AI, the fact that it doesn't require any strategy or skill, it's just spam your strongest attack and win.
    Yeah, I removed that bit, I actually haven't played the originals in a long time but I always felt they were actually pretty difficult. But that might just be the nostalgia talking. :P
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

Quote Originally Posted by Ivysaur View Post
    Yeah, I removed that bit, I actually haven't played the originals in a long time but I always felt they were actually pretty difficult. But that might just be the nostalgia talking. :P
    Yeah, i found out recently after replaying Emerald (wich was a game i always thought to be one of hardest pokemon game) that i sucked at Pokemon back then but i agree with your post above, they should add Easy, Normal and Challenge mode, this way everybody is happy. Also because i wanted to try Challenge Mode in BW2 but got pissed off because you had to complete the game first to get the key to play in Challenge mode, if they are going to add these three difficulty settings at least make them available at the start of the game.
    Last edited by Norzan; 14th May 2014 at 03:46 PM.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast