SPECULATION: Things You Don't Want To See In ORAS - Page 3
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Things You Don't Want To See In ORAS

Default Re: Things You Don't Want To See In ORAS

Something I find interesting when reading all this is a huge divide on the new Exp. Share.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lugia61617 View Post
    Something I find interesting when reading all this is a huge divide on the new Exp. Share.
    I can see why. It depends on how you feel about pacing vs. challenge.

Blog Entries

Here's what I don't want:
    - Relicanth and Wailord required to get Regis. It took me a long time to get both of these (I was looking for 20 minutes to get a Relicanth and it took me two days to get my Wailmer up to a Wailord). Please make it easier.
    - Unova/Kalos-style Gyms and Elite 4. Keep the Hoenn-style ones.
    - Rival having an insignificant role. Expand May/Brendan's role, please. Have them show up.
    - Lack of post-game. Seriously, we need lots of post-game.
    - No post-game Safari Zone. Please give us Emerald's post-game Safari Zone expansion!

What I really want is them to incorporate elements of Emerald into these games.
    Helga: Look, Phoebe you gotta snap out of this. I mean, criminy, it's not like it's the first time you ever farted. Heck, when you sleepover you do it all the time. You rip 'em all night long, they stink to high heaven. It's all I can do to keep from passing out.
    Phoebe: Just get out.
    - Hey Arnold

Fiery passion that burns! Season's Avatar
    Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

Roller Skates = No. They're fun but not having the option to switch them on/off as you wish is just a hassle.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Season View Post
    Roller Skates = No. They're fun but not having the option to switch them on/off as you wish is just a hassle, bring back the running shoes!
    The Running Shoes were in XY.

The new Exp. Share. It makes the game way too easy. My only serious complaint about X/Y was this, and I hope it does get removed here. Or at least left until post-game play so the story isn't hampered by the player becoming over-powered.

Super Contests. You know, the ones from D/P/Pt. I found them nowhere near as fun as the original ones in R/S/E.

That's all I can think of right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Roller Skates = No. They're fun but not having the option to switch them on/off as you wish is just a hassle, bring back the running shoes!
    So they were, but only if you used the D-Pad to move they character about or if you were inside. I agree with Season, having those difficult-to-control skates on at all times with no on/off option was a big pain.
    3DS Friend Code: 3136-7234-1327
    Y: Black
    Alpha Sapphire: Terminus

Claimer of the Keyblade, the Wabbajack, Phoenix Down, Lucina, the Silver Bow, and Roxas.

Returning to Hoenn LavenderTownGhost's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For the love of God, do not techno-fy the music, GameFreak. I beggith you.
    "Halloween is every day!" -Sharon Needles

Banner made by Instrutilus

-Lack of new megas
    -Brendan/May to be stuck with an unevolved starter and never seen again
    -The Exp. Share to revert to its original self (it can be turned off if it bothers you so much)
    -Making us go back to the bike shop to switch between the Acro and Mach bikes.

Friend Safari: Ice: Delibird, Sneasel, Cloyster | Vivillon pattern: Archipelago
    PM me if you're interested adding me for the Friend Safari or want an Archipelago Vivillon that comes from a Friend Safari. :)

Blog Entries
    Follow Muur On Twitter
    Follow Muur on Tumblr Visit Muur's Youtube Channel

Dumbed down difficultly
    Nothing to do post game

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOsprey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    So they were, but only if you used the D-Pad to move they character about or if you were inside. I agree with Season, having those difficult-to-control skates on at all times with no on/off option was a big pain.
    HGSS had an option like that, but for the shoes. It's a shame that it was scrapped.

Blog Entries

Can't say much about the originals (I haven't played Gen 3/4 at all), but I don't understand the rants about the EXP Share in XY and the resultant "dumbed down" difficulty. I've said this in another thread, and I'm saying it again: Not only it can be turned off, but even when on, it CAN be worked around. If you're finding it too easy:
    - See if you can challenge the gyms with your mons unevolved (and thus with lower stats), and only evolve them if you need to learn a specific move.
    - Have 12-18 on your rotation instead pf 6.
    - Do a Nuzlocke Run
    -Do a themed/mono-type/(insert some other restriction) run
    - Use the "off" button.

That said, it could be re-introduced later (around the 4-6th Gym?) as a EXP Share-1 (only allow EXP onto 1 assigned Pokemon), and then upgraded later into EXP Share-2 (XY style).

Post-game, however, do make the EXP Share-2 available; We'll most likely need that to raise online battle Pokemon, and to complete the Dex. (At least I do.)
    Last edited by henrymidfields; 14th May 2014 at 06:36 AM.

Registered User Fairy Type Arceus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't want to see rayquazas sky piller changed the way up there better be as difficult as it was when i was in 2nd grade and i better not be able to catch him in one ultra ball.

My biggest worry is that the games will be easfied and it'll be easy to beat and super easy to catch legendary pokemon, i swear to god the better not remove the regi puzzle.

Dumbed down difficulty. The original difficulty made the game fun. If it is dumbed down, I swear...

Also, the XY Exp Share shouldn't be added- until post-game. That is all.
    My planned dream team- in the works (eventually)

PM me if you wish to add me as a friend on the 3DS!

Official Claimer of Oblivion Wing on 3/15/14, of the Relic Crown and Enigma Stone on 5/17/14, and most especially Arcanine on 7/5/14! Also, I claimed Tiki and Robin from Fire Emblem, but that doesn't matter too much. Oh, wait, there's also the Hookshot, Dragonstone, Thoron, and Crusader Blade. I have way too many claims...

-The Elite Four and rival teams being exactly the same. Hoenn had the worst E4 in the series with all those double-ups from the same evolutionary lines, and May/Brendan need to get their shit together and evolve their starter all the way.
    -Dumbed down difficulty and annoying "friends" who won't leave you alone and dump exposition on you. Please don't turn Wally and May/Brendan into that.
    -Using the RS plot instead of the Emerald one. Gym Leaders having their RS teams instead of Emerald ones (especially Liza+Tate and Wattson).
    -Not making revisions to the models of some Hoenn Pokemon with crappy XY models (please for the love of all that is holy fix Swellow)
    -Hidden abilities being unavailable in any form.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast