Thread: Things You Don't Want To See In ORAS

THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL. Branellope's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Branellope On Twitter Add Branellope on Facebook
    Follow Branellope on Tumblr Visit Branellope's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Things You Don't Want To See In ORAS

Quote Originally Posted by Aulos View Post
    I'm pretty simple when it comes to what I don't want:

~May getting 'replaced', like Kris was in HG/SS.
    That only happened because Kris was in Crystal, not GS. They're remaking two main games who already have two main characters.
    ~The Pokemon Following feature returning without being optional.
    I agree with this

Quote Originally Posted by firepanda View Post
    The new exp share is also a pain, although you can just turn that off.
    Very true. But it's far too tempting. >.<
    I can 95% guarantee it'll return with XY mechanics
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitzman! View Post
    -No character customization. Iconic human designs being recreated is always my favorite thing about the Pokemon remakes(HGSS PC's being a huge letdown) and I really don't want to be tempted to change the look of Brendan, no matter how snazzy his outfits will be.
    I completely agree tbh, I think the furthest they'd go would be variations of the same type of clothes, or different colours etc. but you never know.
    -Ignoring the new regions which have no place in the original 4 gens. I want to hear references to Kalos/Unova, with things like news about this new Organization called Team Plasma, Lysandre's earlier years playing a role(maybe to pop up in Hoenn?), stuff like that. Get the world into some sort of order.
    Post-E4 references would be nice but I doubt it given the HUGE timeline difference
    -Locking out future Evos. I want Dusknoir to be available so badly.
    -Open End E4. I swear to god if they make it like Unova/Kalos......
    HGSS. Though I'm not confident they'll add them all. And why would they completely change the way the Elite Four worked?
    -Don't Ignore the new gym infrastructure. Bring back custom buildings, make a unison logo(maybe something new to Symbolize a Union of Pokejapan gyms?) and don't keep the old puzzles.
    Quote Originally Posted by NintendoConnection View Post
    These rumours suggest some thing that may be included in ORAS.
    I wouldn't mind seeing most of these being true.

Treeko, Mudkip and Torchic still remain as starters.
    Its a remake, that's a given
    Go-Goggles will have a key role in the story.
    I can't imagine what else it could do other than the desert thing
    Surfing will be significantly reduced.
    I can't see this being true, given the plot significance of the sea
    Secret bases return. Poke-dolls return, Furniture returns, and Wi-fi visiting will be enabled. Battles inside secret bases will be a feature. A generic background will be displayed during the battle.
    This is almost guaranteed
    The two bikes return - Mach and Acro.
    Again, it's a remake, that's not worth mentioning
    Swampert and Sceptile will have Mega Evolutions. 17 new added . Not including the Eon Duo.
    You can pick a Generation 2 starter mid-game ( at the 4th gym roughly ) each with a new Mega Evolution.
    New Mega Evolutions.
    Gen1: Jynx
    Gen2: Meganium, Feraligatr, Typhlosion
    Gen3: Sceptile, Swampert, Plusle, Minun, Masquerain, Milotic , Groudon*, Kyogre*
    Gen4: Luxray, Cherrim
    Gen5: Leavanny, Maractus, Zebstrika
    *Groudon and Kyogres mega stones are actually the Orbs.
    I can only see some Hoenn Pokémon getting Megas, like Zangoose and Altaria.
    The Johto starter thing simply won't happen, if the Johto starters are available it'll be a PokéDex completion reward.

Swampert will retain its original typing, Sceptile will gain Dark typing.
    Where did this baseless balderdash come from
    The games will be released on the 21 November. A patch will be added to Pokemon X and Y on November 23 to allow for cross game communication.
    And the new Megas ;P
    Quote Originally Posted by Me Gusta View Post
    I really don't want to see:
    Needing to catch a relicanth and Wailord to get the Regis. they're pretty hard to find, and I don't have time to train a Wailmer. I already need to train my main team, for crying out loud!
    That'll stay, but they might make Wailord a tad more common in the wild to save time (I hope not, the time consuming Wailmer training was always exciting)
    I just replied to each point in Bold.

Check this wicked Pokémon battle AND this EPIC PR video.

I claimed Noivern omg <3

"A good trainer wins despite hinderances" -Serebii

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    -Unova Style E4: It was bad enough in Unova, then they had to do it again in Kalos. Keep the E4 challenged in the same order with the same 5 Pokemon. NOT 4 each!
    If they do this at least make it so that the levels of the E4 pokemon increase as you defeat them, like the first you defeat has pokemon around level 60, then the second E4 pokemon increase by four levels and so forth, this way you can still do them in any order and they still get more difficult.

Claimer of Garchomp and Steam Eruption

3DS 4682-9334-0694

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Unova Style E4: yeah, it did take out the challenge a lot. It was awesome climbing up the level stairs from Sydney to Drake and ultimately, Steven.

Oh, and the E4 should have 5 pokemons.

Join the toad side! Emperor Palpitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I do not want:

*The new XP Share being dropped. It is useful for quick lvling for competitive battling or pokedex collecting. And if you do not want it then turn it off.
    *Hordes being dropped.
    *Amie to stay.
    JOIN THE TOAD SIDE
    AND MAY THE BLUE FORCE BE WITH YOU
    AND I AM NOT YOUR FATHER!

--Roller skates
    --Blaziken being the only starter with a Mega Evolution
    --The same amount of player customization in XY
    --Lack of color choices for the bicycle
    --Lack of end game content
    --Not being able to select the difficulty
    --Reverting the XP Share to a held item

Blog Entries

-I really don't want the new EXP share to be dropped, when getting a competitive team trained from eggs it is now much better and for completing a living dex. But I wouldn't mind if it was only obtainable post-game. (Guess that would satisfy people who can't resist temptation?)

-It to be easy, for me Emerald was the hardest Pokemon game I've played, I want there to be options like in BW2 so I can have better battles.

-Blaziken getting another mega, despite it being my favourite of the Hoenn starters.

-Roller Skates to be dropped.

-Massive unnecessary change to the landscape. (Water was fine, just needed it to be spiced up a little, better diving and ruins to explore under there would be cool!)

- Blaziken beign the only Starter with a Mega
    - Blaziken getting a 2nd Mega Form
    - Removal of Unova Style E4
    - X/Y Exp Share
    - Gen 4 Evo Lockout
    - Use of older areas from other games as 'expanded content'

Quote Originally Posted by Branellope View Post
    That only happened because Kris was in Crystal, not GS. They're remaking two main games who already have two main characters.
    That really doesn't make any sense. Plenty of Crystal features were added into HG/SS. That simply isn't any kind of justification to cut out Kris.
    ~~

Blog Entries

Do not want:

Ruby/Sapphire Plot.

Honestly, I could list the other stuff, but this is the only thing that could massively alter my opinion of OR/AS. Either make it better or use the Emerald plot.

Blog Entries

Personally I vastly prefer the Elite Four being faced in any order you like and the same levels. It makes them feel more equal, as they should have always been. A suggestion like what Norzan said wouldn't be bad, as it would be an adjustment on the go and doesn't change the fact they're equally matched.

So yes. I don't want to see the old Elite Four setup again. I rather see the new one. They should have 5 Pokémon like before, though.

For Gym Leaders I don't want them to be reduced to 3 Pokémon or having their Ruby/Sapphire teams. I hope to see them having Emerald's rosters.

I don't want Team Aqua and Team Magma using the abysmal pool of Pokémon species they had in the original games. Even Emerald barely did much of anything to fix this. Team Magma is (Barely) justified, but Team Aqua has such a huge pool of Water Pokémon even in just the Hoenn Pokédex to only use goddamn Carvanha.

I don't want them to keep the plot and characters as they were. All of it needs some serious improvement to be up to par with latter Gens and both remakes so far.

"I'm sure that we and Pokémon have helped each other and enriched the world since ancient times. These memories have been engraved in each Pokémon's heart! So, I want Pokémon and people to get closer and closer! As the Champion, I want to tell that to everybody!"

Quote Originally Posted by firepanda View Post
    This is going to be said a few times, I think, but later gym leaders with 3 pokemon is a huge no no.
    You can add those silly four pokémon E4 teams as well. In addition to this:

- Shortening the surfing routes (the 3D overworld will already make it feel much smaller, IMO enough to offset the surfing tedium)
    - Return of the camera position used when surfing in Azure Bay (too flat for me, made navigation much harder)
    - Sky Battles (the Underwater/Dive Battle idea can kindly disappear as well)
    - No Mega Swampert/Mega Sceptile (if one Hoenn starter has it, the rest need it)
    - Return of permanent weather effects for Weather Trio Mega Evolutions
    - Removal of gym leader & E4 rematches

Most of these are based on my experience with X/Y as I've not played a Gen III game.

3DS FC: 1950-8754-3734 - IGN: Jay - FS: [Ghost]: Phantump, Shuppet, Dusclops

Blog Entries

Things I don't want to see are:

-The old style Elite Four. Seriously it sucked. The Unova/Kalos style is awesome.
    -The old level grinding/exp share system. The new Exp. Share makes training a whole team much, much easier.
    -The game being just a remake of Ruby/Sapphire. Emerald was a vastly superior game and that's what it would should be based off. Next to D/P and FR/LG, R/S were the worst games in the series. Emerald was a humongous improvement on them.
    -The Pokedex remain the same. It needs expansion and a big update. The Hoenn Dex better include Pokemon introduced since then.
    -No mega Evolutions. Game Freak better give plenty of Pokemon Mega Evolutions including Sceptile, Swampert, and the Johto starters.
    -Removal of Sky Battles. Seriously Sky Battles was a great concept. Winona's Gym is just begging for one.
    -Removal of the Battle Frontier. I want my Battle Dome back.
    FC is 1263 7145 9704 and Name is Drew.

Quote Originally Posted by DasManiac View Post
    Things I don't want to see are:
    -The game being just a remake of Ruby/Sapphire. Emerald was a vastly superior game and that's what it would should be based off. Next to D/P and FR/LG, R/S were the worst games in the series. Emerald was a humongous improvement on them.
    HEY! I.... agree, while i had tons of fun with Pearl (my save file has 800 hours) Platinum was a vastly superior game compared to D/P, so i hope these are remakes of Emerald or that at least it has the plot of Emerald because Emerald was a much better game than R/S.

Claimer of Garchomp and Steam Eruption

3DS 4682-9334-0694

- May (or Brendan) being replaced by a new character. (I still don't understand why they that with Kris)
    - The huge plot differences between versions
    - Post Gen 3 Pokémon suddenly infesting Hoenn (at least save 'em for post-game)
    - Blaziken to be the only starter with a mega-evo. It was cool when Mega-Evos were introduced, but now that they're actually remaking them, may well let Sceptile and Swampert go mega to be fair.
    - Adding GLs while dropping others like in B2W2.
    - Screwing with Hoenn's geography like in B2W2. I get that they'll have to change some things to keep it fresh (the other remakes did it after all), but don't add/change/take away so much it's almost like a different region.
    Last edited by SammyW27; 13th May 2014 at 01:57 PM.
    Shantae and the Pirate's Curse Wii U: Available Christmas!

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

-In general, I don't want this game to have a copy/paste feeling like FRLG, and HGSS to a degree, both had. While I think the game does not to retain a similar feeling to the original, they shouldn't let that get in the way of making actual improvements where they're needed.
    -The Hoenn Dex to be exactly the same as it was in the originals. It's a decent Pokedex, but it needs more variety. Add in more Ice, Ghost, and Dragon types so we don't just have 2 or 3 options for each type. Add some new Pokemon to areas that only have about 2-3 species of Pokemon (like, all of the sea routes which are nothing more than Tentacool and Wingull).
    -No additional post game areas/content. The amount of post game content the originals had (even Emerald) is unacceptably bare for a modern Pokemon game.
    -The Sevii Islands, with the exception of Navel and Birth Islands (if you can even call them Sevii Islands).
    -A better storyline, preferably one that's more like Emerald (although looking at the trailer, I doubt they'll do this).
    -No additional Rival battles from the original. Brendan/May needs a full rematch team, and Wally should be battled at least one more time between Mauville and Victory Road.
    -Cutting out any of the main features the originals had (Contests, Secret Bases, the Battle Frontier, even the Trick House).
    -Little to no usage of 3DS features like Streetpass and Spotpass. Come on Game Freak, I know you can do better than Pokemiles for a mechanic that is tailor made for this game
    -Roster caps like the 5th and 6th gen games have. 3 Pokemon for gym battles and 4 for Elite 4 battles is a pretty lame battle. Or at the very least if they do this, allow access to Challenge Mode from the start so the veteran players aren't forced to put up with the otherwise mandatory nerf in difficulty.
    -Bad camera angles for the water routes *points to Azure Bay*

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast