Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Reversion

Registered User Fairy Type Arceus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Ancient Devolution?

Quote Originally Posted by Argylegasm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolty94 View Post
    Anyone think that AD Kyogre and Groudon will have different abilities? I think not, considering how Drizzle and Drought are so integral to their legend.
    I agree, I think it's too specific to them to be changed, and to be honest, I'd prefer if they did stay the same.

Maybe when in their 'AD' stage, in battle, Drought and Drizzle are maintained throughout the battle? That would be pretty cool, a little personal thing for them to call their own lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairy Type Arceus View Post
    Very interesting... so it's MegaEvolution but with a different name. I'm pretty intrigued. Here's hoping Rayquaza is just as lucky.

Actually, I'd love to see something happen to the Regis. They're weird as all hell, but I would like to see a little more of their tie-in with Regigigas. I mean, I know Regigigas made them, but may they could ME into... some sort of hulking blobs? I'm rambling at this point but I think the Regis are somewhat forgotten in the world of legendaries.

Anyone think that AD Kyogre and Groudon will have different abilities? I think not, considering how Drizzle and Drought are so integral to their legend.
    AN ability that makes drought/drizzle permanent in battle making it unique to them.
    Now that would be awesome, considering how everything was nerfed... so maybe they'll go from Drought and Drizzle to Dessicate and Monsoon? That'd be pretty rad.
    Makes sense if we go with they got weaker as time went on, but these forms restore their original power which they literally would if those abilitys are a thing

I'm A Bit-I Mean Witch Capricious Equilibrium's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaen Hosha View Post
    If it's a regression, does that mean lowered stats? And if its vice versa, then that is odd in and of itself. Why would they become weaker over time then, in their current forms?

Also will Devolution be a thing now? To go back to your previous stage? I sure hope not. And that has Digimon written all over it.
    If it helps, evolving and devolving again has already been added in by Mega Evolution, and that's exclusive to Mega Evolution. It will probably be the same.

I think what they are going for is the implication that in ancient times things were much more powerful, and that power has been trapped inside the Pokemon and these stones, and releasing them returns them to their natural ancient state. It's like suggesting that the current mascots are the domesticated versions of their natural wild selves, like dogs and wolves in real life. This would fit more with the myths and legends of being able to raise oceans or expand the land, but no longer having that ability.

It's the classic releasing the real you that is lying dormant.

It would be interesting if this would imply that all Mega Evolutions are in fact the original natural state of Pokemon, which has just been trapped inside their bodies waiting to be released.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Shadows View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaen Hosha View Post
    If it's a regression, does that mean lowered stats? And if its vice versa, then that is odd in and of itself. Why would they become weaker over time then, in their current forms?

Also will Devolution be a thing now? To go back to your previous stage? I sure hope not. And that has Digimon written all over it.
    If it helps, evolving and devolving again has already been added in by Mega Evolution, and that's exclusive to Mega Evolution. It will probably be the same.
    Oh, good point. Yeah, that captures that aspect very well. I was referring to let's say a Pikachu devolving back into a Pichu. But you're right in that devolution already exists explicitly with Mega Evolution.

Then that leaves the question why is Kyogre and Groudons's Mega Evolution seen as a regression whereas every other Pokemon's is seen as an advancement?
    A true friend freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, takes all patiently, defends courageously, and continues a friend unchangeably.
    -William Penn

Because they're back to their automaton "MAKE SEA. DRY SEA. MAKE SEA. DRY SEA." instead of having developed any sort of rationale beyond mere instinct maybe?
    Normal Safari: Liliipup, Audino, Chansey

Blog Entries
    Follow Ziggy Stardust On Twitter

Now Drizzle and Drought were expanded to another, mundane Pokémon, and both abilities were nerfed to stay 5 turns... Kyogre and Groudon need something like Eternal Drizzle and Eternal Drought.

It's impossible, said pride. It's risky, said experience. OU suspect, yelled Smogon.

Join Team Aqua, we have hot girls
    I bet you didn't notice the guy behind

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I just noticed that Primordial Groudon and Primordial Kyogre have different symbols next to their names compared to the Mega Evolutions.

Kyogre's is light blue. Groudon's is orange-yellow.

"Ancient Devolution"? Not the best disguise or twist on words, GF...
    GPX+: | VDP:

I'm wondering if this is only different from Mega Evolution flavor-wise or if it works differently in-game too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    I just noticed that Primordial Groudon and Primordial Kyogre have different symbols next to their names compared to the Mega Evolutions.

Kyogre's is light blue. Groudon's is orange-yellow.
    Kyogre's is the blue circle with the Alpha symbol (like in the Japanese logo) while the one next to Groudon's name is the Omega symbol in a red circle (like in the Japanese logo for OR).

Type 4 Chi-To Best Tank Barfing Ogres's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As long as this makes them more powerful, I'll be happy.
    Origin: The Rising

While the forces of the Zann Consortium and Silri's Red Storm fight the deadliest shadow war in the known galaxy, Origin, the solar system that gave rise to humanity is locked in a massive power struggle between the Grineer, the Corpus, the Infested, the Tenno, and other various groups. But the Void, a place of mystery since its discovery by the ancient Orokin holds secrets of its own, including a pocket of space and time we have come to know as the world of Pokémon.

Based on how it sounds, I'm assuming it's the former case and it's Mega Evolution with a new twist. Since they say they're "devolving," I agree that the intention is that they're returning to their original states, in which case they're elemental representations of their abilities.

So I'm curious how they'll represent that in terms of the in-game mechanics, it probably will still have the basics like the need for an item slot, but outside of that, they could tweak the stats or otherwise to showcase that devolution.

Blog Entries

I don't really care what it is, as of now. I just want to be able to use it.

My take on it will be that they will have the same stats but shifting away from defense and more into offense

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Now Drizzle and Drought were expanded to another, mundane Pokémon, and both abilities were nerfed to stay 5 turns... Kyogre and Groudon need something like Eternal Drizzle and Eternal Drought.
    Nah. We've been there and done that. It would be a waste of creativity. Yeah, Drizzle and Drought got nerfed but the game has adapted, bringing back just for these two seems like a waste. Remember, they can have any ability. Why just bringing back the past under a different name?

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast