The ORAS Artwork Discussion Thread - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The ORAS Artwork Discussion Thread

Default Re: Do you guys think we'll get new Ken Sugimori art for the 135 Hoenn Pokémon and et

Most people seem to just be in denial about the fact we won't be getting new art for the Hoenn Pokémon. But it's just not gonna happen at this point.
    FORMERLY S2DAAM!

GET READY TO RETURN TO THE THIRD GENERATION!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you guys think we'll get new Ken Sugimori art for the 135 Hoenn Pokémon and et

Yeah, new artwork for the Pokémon would be nice, but since the official website uses old artwork for the Pokémon, I don't think we're getting any. It is pretty interesting how the starter Pokémon part of the website uses the original Ruby/Sapphire artwork for Treecko, Mudkip, and Torchic though, and not the Emerald artwork, or the new OR/AS artwork. Maybe it's just for uniformity, or somebody was pulling all the R/S artwork from somewhere and just used the starters' R/S artwork out of laziness/convenience.

3DS name: DuckNasch, Friend Code: 1177-7926-0353, Friend Safari: Doduo, Hoothoot, Fletchinder

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

They probably will get new art but I hope not.
    Ken Sugimori in my opinion has entered a rough patch when it comes to drawing, that or its not him anymore (he stated that he had others do the bulk of Xerneas and Yveltal for him) May and Brendan look freaky, as if they are possessed, and the starter art I don't know it just looks less modern than the old art funnily enough.

I'm pretty sure there's gonna be new art, it makes sense

Blog Entries
    Add L-05308 on Facebook
    Visit L-05308's Youtube Channel

Default New Artwork?

When FrireRed & LeafGreen and HeartGold & SoulSilver were released the Pokemon of there respective generation revived new official artwork. The three starts for the new Hoenn games have new artwork but Pokemon like Shiftry and Seviper are on the website with there old artwork, what gives?

Default Re: New Artwork?

All of the Pokémon but the first-stage starters use their old artwork, which matches the treatment given to Emerald, Platinum and B2W2 (Crystal did this for the beast trio and Ho-Oh). Sugimori apparently doesn't think that the Generation III style is outdated enough to warrant re-drawing 135 Pokémon, and I tend to agree with him. Or maybe he thinks that the new artwork for the Mega Evolutions gives him a pass.

i always knew. Ivysaur's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The ORAS Artwork Discussion Thread

As it's clear by this point that Sugimori won't be redrawing most Generation 3 Pokemon, feel free to continue to use this thread to discuss all new ORAS artwork.
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

So no new artwork for most of the hoenn pokémon (no biggy as the art still looks good and we get to keep Thriller Kecleon), but is it just me or does the art used on the site look brighter? Like they just cleaned it up a little. I always felt like the Gen III art wasn't nearly as vibrant as the art of later generations, but now it seems like there's less difference, but that might be my imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter View Post
    but is it just me or does the art used on the site look brighter? Like they just cleaned it up a little. I always felt like the Gen III art wasn't nearly as vibrant as the art of later generations, but now it seems like there's less difference, but that might be my imagination
    It's brighter compared to some of the Bulbapedia art, but it's the same as the art from the official Pokédex. I am not sure when exactly the change was made, but it was no later than last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter View Post
    but is it just me or does the art used on the site look brighter? Like they just cleaned it up a little. I always felt like the Gen III art wasn't nearly as vibrant as the art of later generations, but now it seems like there's less difference, but that might be my imagination
    It's brighter compared to some of the Bulbapedia art, but it's the same as the art from the official Pokédex. I am not sure when exactly the change was made, but it was no later than last year.
    Ah, that explains why it looks more vibrant to me (cause I was thinking of the artwork on Bulbapedia)

I find it interesting how Brendan's full-body rock star art is missing the Key Stone on his bracelet, but the screenshot of him in the contest has it. I'd have imagined that we would have gotten the Keystone by our first contest.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    I find it interesting how Brendan's full-body rock star art is missing the Key Stone on his bracelet, but the screenshot of him in the contest has it. I'd have imagined that we would have gotten the Keystone by our first contest.
    With the first Contest Hall being in Slateport, I'm thinking we'll probably get the Keystone around Mauville. That'd align pretty well with XY and receiving the Key Stone after beating Korrina.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivysaur View Post

With the first Contest Hall being in Slateport, I'm thinking we'll probably get the Keystone around Mauville. That'd align pretty well with XY and receiving the Key Stone after beating Korrina.
    The Slateport contest hall is a Hyper Rank contest, the first eligible one would be Verdanturf. I'd have imagined you got the Mega Stone from Steven at Granite cave. Either way, if its at Mauville, you would have gotten the bracelet before going to Verdanturf town, and probably before you get any of these fancy clothes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    The Slateport contest hall is a Hyper Rank contest, the first eligible one would be Verdanturf. I'd have imagined you got the Mega Stone from Steven at Granite cave. Either way, if its at Mauville, you would have gotten the bracelet before going to Verdanturf town, and probably before you get any of these fancy clothes.
    Ah, you're right, that totally slipped my mind. Maybe they swapped them this time around? The original placements never did make a lot of sense.

I'm not sure if Steven will give you the Key Stone right away at Granite Cave. He already gives you the Steel Wing TM there; and it'd be odd for him to entrust you with the Key Stone in the initial meeting right away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivysaur View Post

Ah, you're right, that totally slipped my mind. Maybe they swapped them this time around? The original placements never did make a lot of sense.

I'm not sure if Steven will give you the Key Stone right away at Granite Cave. He already gives you the Steel Wing TM there; and it'd be odd for him to entrust you with the Key Stone in the initial meeting right away.
    Hoenn had random back-tracking after Fallarbor town (there was a lot of places you could have gone) so I think it was intentional. It makes sense in-universe that the bigger cities get the grander contests.

I also just noticed Lisia's key stone in her hair clip. Honestly, I don't understand why they put them in such terrible places that could easily fall off.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast