The ORAS Artwork Discussion Thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The ORAS Artwork Discussion Thread

Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you guys think we'll get new Ken Sugimori art for the 135 Hoenn Pokémon and et

I can't believe I actually forgot about this! You guys know Brigette from Pokémon Box Ruby & Sapphire and Pokémon Bank? Well look at her before and after design...

She received quite the makeover in all aspects. Her hair, clothing and footwear all changed. It got me thinking what if they did the same thing to other characters such as the Gym Leaders and Elite Four? Of course it wouldn't have to be anything too major of a change. I must say I'm pretty excited now!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you guys think we'll get new Ken Sugimori art for the 135 Hoenn Pokémon and et

When looking at the thread, I was thinking that the Pokemon didn't need a redesign because they look fine as they are. The human characters are a different story. Their styles are a lot more simplistic, so they would most likely be getting a redesign. While they are at it, a Magma and Aqua redesign would be great.

Thanks for reading.
    “Detachment does not consist in setting fire to one's house, or becoming bankrupt or throwing one's fortune out of the window, or even giving away all of one's possessions. Detachment consists in refraining from letting our possessions possess us.”

Bonus article: Ice-type Reviews - Generation 2 (Selected TCG Art) (01/12/2014)

Registered User BigBadButterfree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Guardian Sylveon View Post
    I can't believe I actually forgot about this! You guys know Brigette from Pokémon Box Ruby & Sapphire and Pokémon Bank? Well look at her before and after design...

She received quite the makeover in all aspects. Her hair, clothing and footwear all changed. It got me thinking what if they did the same thing to other characters such as the Gym Leaders and Elite Four? Of course it wouldn't have to be anything too major of a change. I must say I'm pretty excited now!
    Wow, she also lost a lot of weight in her ankles. Seriously, how does anyone stand on toothpicks like that XD

Anyways, I love her new style. It's weird to think that RSE had character artwork that is now "old" but it's true. Personally, I hope that if they update them, they'll truly give them makeovers like they did to this woman.

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Guardian Sylveon View Post

Well, the drastic redesign might also be due to the fact that Pokemon Bank is supposed to be a new storage system that exists around XY's timeline, so things should have changed after the 5+ years we know have been confirmed to pass.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we're gonna get them. Coro-Coro's reveal having the old art isn't an indication for me that they're not, as the HGSS example is different from now. Normal Groudon/Kyogre aren't the box legendaries, where lugia and ho-oh were.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzman! View Post
    Normal Groudon/Kyogre aren't the box legendaries, where lugia and ho-oh were.
    So? That just means that it's even sillier to hide their new artwork after they've already revealed what is actually new about them. Why should the artwork be a mystery?

And they're still the mascots no matter what they look like.

Blog Entries

Yeah, but its not like the official outlets are using them. In the end it doesn't really matter though, Pokemon look the same drawn in gen 3 or gen 6.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Blog Entries

I think we are. CoroCoro released the new artwork for the starters (Torchic! <3) so it's a safe bet the other Pokemon will follow suit. Besides, Gen 3 artwork seems so archaic now.
    A true friend freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, takes all patiently, defends courageously, and continues a friend unchangeably.
    -William Penn

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This month's CoroCoro already revealed the three starters' new artworks. Sugimori redrew the Gen I and II pokemon for their respective remakes; these designs were featured in the strategy guides for those games.

The Gen III designs (Pokemon, players, Gym Leaders, Elite Four, Champion, other important NPCs) should be accessible in the ORAS strategy guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaen Hosha View Post
    I think we are. CoroCoro released the new artwork for the starters (Torchic! <3) so it's a safe bet the other Pokemon will follow suit. Besides, Gen 3 artwork seems so archaic now.
    The basic starters always get re-designed regardless of other Pokémon. The Hoenn ones in particular were the only ones that got new artwork for Emerald (aside from the Johto starters).

We can already see that neither the evolved starters nor the version mascots have been re-designed (barring their Mega/Primal Evolutions). That says it all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    The basic starters always get re-designed regardless of other Pokémon. The Hoenn ones in particular were the only ones that got new artwork for Emerald (aside from the Johto starters).

We can already see that neither the evolved starters nor the version mascots have been re-designed (barring their Mega/Primal Evolutions). That says it all.
    Mm going to have to disagree there.

Just because they've only shown the old, original art of the starter evolutions and the legendaries does not mean they haven't redone the art of them, as well as the other Hoenn Pokemon. As of now, GF always give new art to the Pokemon (and characters) of remakes. This was done in FRLG and HGSS respectively. Only in the third version/sequels do only starters receive new art (starting in Emerald, all the way to BW2). ORAS are remakes, thus it stands to reason that new art will be featured. I will not believe otherwise until the games debut along with the guidebook, explicitly clarifying if we have new art or not. I wouldn't base my opinion on one (out of soon to be many) CoroCoro scan.
    A true friend freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, takes all patiently, defends courageously, and continues a friend unchangeably.
    -William Penn

I wouldn't base my opinion on one (out of soon to be many) CoroCoro scan.
    Give me one good reason why CoroCoro would only showcase the basic starters' new artwork (and the human characters') while excluding their evolutions and the mascots. You're relying on patterns while ignoring the fact that FRLG and HGSS only had new artwork showcased from the get-go.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't base my opinion on one (out of soon to be many) CoroCoro scan.
    Give me one good reason why CoroCoro would only showcase the basic starters' new artwork (and the human characters') while excluding their evolutions and the mascots. You're relying on patterns while ignoring the fact that FRLG and HGSS only had new artwork showcased from the get-go.
    Because that would undermine the art of the revealed Mega Evolutions and the redesigns of characters. Not to mention, as you saw the the old evolution art was considerably small. What good would it do to promote new art in that size, especially if they have page limits for each section featured in the magazine. CoroCoro releases things in waves, not altogether. So if they chose to not release the evolution art yet, that is completely plausible. Doesn't mean new art does not exist.

Yes I am relying on patterns, and while that is true, it is possible for them to deviate from that route but still reach the same aforementioned result. So I stand by my comments/beliefs until physically proven otherwise.
    -William Penn

What good would it do to promote new art in that size, especially if they have page limits for each section featured in the magazine.
    So what was the excuse last month when they showcased Groudon and Kyogre's old artwork while comparing it to the boxart? It wasn't small. In contrast, the size of the starters' new art is the same size as their old one.

So I stand by my comments/beliefs until physically proven otherwise.
    So when will it be too late to reveal new art? At this rate few people will care about it; I see no reason to draw it out, especially for the mascots.

Blog Entries

So what was the excuse last month when they showcased Groudon and Kyogre's old artwork while comparing it to the boxart? It wasn't small. In contrast, the size of the starters' new art is the same size as their old one.
    I don't know, why don't you go ask them. And I was referring to their size on the scan. If new art was released for the evolutions, they would want it on a bigger platform so the audience can appreciate it more.

So I stand by my comments/beliefs until physically proven otherwise.
    So when will it be too late to reveal new art? At this rate few people will care about it; I see no reason to draw it out, especially for the mascots.
    Look, let's agree to disagree because clearly this isn't going anywhere. When the games come out as well as the official guidebook and there ISN'T any new art, then you win. But if there is, then I'll be happy. And that's that.
    -William Penn

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast