The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!) - Page 37

View Poll Results: Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mega Sceptile

9 8.91%
  • Mega Swampert

6 5.94%
  • Mega Diancie

6 5.94%
  • Mega Sableye

3 2.97%
  • Mega Metagross

4 3.96%
  • Mega Altaria

8 7.92%
  • Mega Salamence

3 2.97%
  • Mega Lopunny

7 6.93%
  • Mega Audino

2 1.98%
  • Mega Slowbro

2 1.98%
  • Mega Gallade

15 14.85%
  • Mega Camerupt

3 2.97%
  • Mega Sharpedo

2 1.98%
  • Mega Rayquaza

10 9.90%
  • Mega Latias

2 1.98%
  • Mega Latios

1 0.99%
  • Mega Pidgeot

6 5.94%
  • Mega Beedrill

8 7.92%
  • Mega Glalie

2 1.98%
  • Mega Steelix

2 1.98%
Page 37 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Blog Entries

Default Re: The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaen Hosha View Post
    Turn order? What do you mean by that?

Mega Evolution has a priority of 6+, matching that of switching a Pokemon (which always happens before a Pokemon utilizes Prankster).

Prankster gives priority moves a status of 1+.

So when Mega Evolution occurs, Sableye naturally loses Prankster for Magic bounce, without the chance to ever activate the former. A Pokemon can't activate both abilities that it has when it Mega Evolves, in this sense. The only "turn order" that applies pre-Mega Evolution is the Speed of the Pokemon Mega Evolving, as it keeps its initial speed for that turn.
    Winterdaze means the turn order (which Pokemon moves first and which moves second) is decided once you choose your move. Mega Evolution happens after you choose your move, so Mega Sableye will be able to use Prankster the turn it evolves as the game already decided the order. It's the reason why Prankster doesn't work for Mega Banette the first turn it Mega Evolves, because it already worked out the turn order prior to it Mega Evolving.
    Oh okay, thank you for the clarification/explanation.
    A true friend freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, takes all patiently, defends courageously, and continues a friend unchangeably.
    -William Penn

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post

The base 100 speed tier is not exactly coveted in OU anymore, I know mega gardevoir and medicham are criticized for being too slow to sweep thanks to it. As a bulky wallbreaker it doesn't really matter as long as you're faster than the walls you're supposed to break, but as a sweeper base 100 is too slow (extremespeed slaking anyone, let's do it). Both your suggestions would mean there's more points to put into the other stats (you need +100 base stat total), which might only make mega slaking more broken.
    And the 1/10th loss in HP from a new ability (even change it so it loses 10% no matter what move is chosen)? I'm not sure how much of a wall breaker my suggestion is going to be with the strength of a LO Garchomp (on both sides), but only having Normal (as opposed to Dragon/Ground) STAB, and no Swords Dance.

Happy NintendoDay Europe! Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mijzelffan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    In regards to the Mega Slaking discussion, while I don't think the Pokémon should receive one, I do agree that if it does that it should lose Truant (and that would be the main draw) - but to counter that, like @The Outrage; suggested, we see stats changed to say, make it drop out of the coveted 100-speed tier and/or lowered defences.
    The base 100 speed tier is not exactly coveted in OU anymore, I know mega gardevoir and medicham are criticized for being too slow to sweep thanks to it. As a bulky wallbreaker it doesn't really matter as long as you're faster than the walls you're supposed to break, but as a sweeper base 100 is too slow (extremespeed slaking anyone, let's do it). Both your suggestions would mean there's more points to put into the other stats (you need +100 base stat total), which might only make mega slaking more broken.
    The 100-speed tier however, is still crucial in the current VGC metagame, which GameFreak and TPCi are obviously focusing more on. The importance of it will probably decline once the rules allow us to use Pokémon not found in the Kalos Pokédex (like Hitmontop), but especially with the likes of Mega Kangaskhan still being really popular in the metagame, the ability to outspeed it (and other Pokémon like Mega Charizard) is really important.

Ultimately, as I said though, I wouldn't want a Mega Slaking; it's quite telling that even the base Slaking has a higher base stat total than even a fair number of Mega Evolutions.. In doubles, use Skill Swap or Gastro Acid or something if Truant really bothers you. All I was really saying was that if one did happen, it would need some kind of nerf (like Mega Garchomp's, which has basically meant that people tend to use the regular over it xD).

Blog Entries

my idea for mega dunsparce
    Time To Dance
    Friend code:0061-0809-4165 trainer name:Hayden Player in the BBL
    Clamer of now Groudon. Also claims Thousand Arrows, most likely Zygarde's move.

I'm A Bit-I Mean Witch Capricious Equilibrium's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was wondering. I know an actual Key Stone is a different thing to the Mega Evolution Keystone, but I wonder if the Odd Keystone would ever link into a Mega Spiritomb? The pun there just seems too good.

Speaking of Mega Spiritomb, seeing as there's now Mega Sableye, I'd say its a safe bet it's not classed as 'not happening' now. Spiritomb is said to have been sealed in its keystone because of it misusing its powers to terrorize people. Mega Aerodactyl is also said to be the original. It's too perfect to not put in, but they'll probably wait for Pokemon Noun Diamond and Verb Pearl :p

Outplay the Coinflip -Glory Blaze-'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

TBH all y'all are majorly overreacting. MSableye will definitely have a niche in OU, although it will be UU almost certainly IMO. The thing is, Magic Bounce essentially acts as a pseudo-Taunt so you don't need to carry it, opening up a moveslot for Calm Mind and then you replace Foul Play with Dark Pulse and you're set. The point isn't to MEvolve right away like people seem to do for some reason, you want to stay as Sableye-N as long as possible to accumulate Calm Mind boosts while healing with Recover and crippling physical attackers with Will-O-Wisp, then only MEvolve when you predict an incoming Taunt, Leech Seed, or pHaze. On your MEvo turn you keep Prankster's priority so you can get in a Recover as well as get the boosted Defenses, and at that point you should be thick enough to attempt a sweep. So you're basically just as annoying as Sableye-N, just with the added ability to become a lategame cleaner. Here're my initial thoughts on MSableye as I posted in the BBL discussion group:

I'm thinking

Sableye @ Sableyenite
    Prankster -> Magic Bounce
    Bold
    252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    ~Will-O-Wisp
    ~Calm Mind
    ~Recover
    ~Dark Pulse

might be good - you'd play like a normal Sableye, but boost up with Calm Mind on special attackers while Burning physical attackers and Recovering when necessary. Then, when you suspect Taunt, a Phazer, or you've just boosted to the point of unbreakableness, you MEvolve and use your last turn of Prankster (the MEvo-Prankster mechanics work in Sableye's favor, unlike Banette) to get priority Recover and boosted defenses on the same turn, then wreck with Dark Pulse. MSableye will probably be like UU, but the key to playing him will actually be not MEvolving until the time is right IMO.

Blog Entries

You could just keep using Prankster Sableye at your leisure until it needs to Mega Evolve. *shrug*
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@-Glory Blaze-
    My opinion on Sableye's actually been turning around after the initial "no prankster" set in. I was pondering the idea of a Calm Mind set a few posts back so I'm glad someone else was thinking the same. Sableye is certainly something that's going to cause a lot of switches. Maybe it's not going to be the Mega-of-choice for a lot of players since its not as easily used as other Pokemon, but I wouldn't be surprised if a skilled trainer used it to good effect in higher rankings.

Blog Entries

How about Megas for Pidgeot and Braviary, the two most outclassed birds?

Mega Pidgeot
    Mega stone: Pidgeite

Ability: Gale Wings

HP: 83
    Atk: 140
    Def: 95
    Sp. Atk: 70
    Sp. Def: 90
    Spe: 101

Pidgeot desparately needs a Mega Evolution because it's so outclassed these days. Braviary too though I'm sure someone heads will spin with this set.

Mega Braviary
    Mega Stone: Braviarite

Ability: Gale Wings

HP: 100
    Atk: 183
    Def: 95
    Sp. Atk: 57
    Sp. Def: 95
    Spe: 80
    FC is 1263 7145 9704 and Name is Drew.

Blog Entries

Braviary is actually one of the better Normal/Flying birds. And no more Gale Wings pls, Talonflame is more than enough. x__x

Blog Entries

Mega Dragonite and Mega Milotic are the two Megas I want the most (aside from the rest of the Mega Starters.)

What do you guys think they would (should) look like?
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Þæ åsåmste mæn ån þæ sæit Battaman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@DasManiac, don't just put Gale Wings on them, but yeah I agree, I'm doing a playthrough of X w/o the Exp.Share and I see just how outclassed it is, boxed it for Lapras, of all things, eventually.

FC: 2766-8797-7935 Known as Bent in game
    Due to reaching 90 friends om my 3DS, I will not add anyone anymore random people, I'm sorry, don't take it personally.

Blog Entries

I would like to see Mega Milotic have a Fairy-type, as a sort of counterpart to Mega Gyarados. Besides, it's a type that would fit Milotic anyway. If that's the case, some new Fairy attacks would be appreciated. Mega Milotic could have the same stat boosts as Mega Gyarados, except instead of +30 in Attack, it's +30 on Special Attack. Sure, the extra little Attack doesn't look too enticing, but I think that for a Pokemon with an above-average BST, it's not too bad. As for ability, this is tricky. The one I would like to see the most is Marvel Scale, but Competitive or Multiscale would also be alright. If that's not, then Regenerator would be fine.

I am not quite certain about Mega Dragonite's chances for ORAS, but I predict that it might be a Dragon/Fairy with Multiscale and boosts in Defence, Special Attack and Special Defence.

Thanks for reading.
    “Detachment does not consist in setting fire to one's house, or becoming bankrupt or throwing one's fortune out of the window, or even giving away all of one's possessions. Detachment consists in refraining from letting our possessions possess us.”

Bonus article: Ice-type Reviews - Generation 2 (Selected TCG Art) (01/12/2014)

There are some rumours of Mega Camerupt and Mega Sharpedo so i'm hoping for:

Mega Camerupt Fire/Ground with Water Absorb because camels can store alot of water in their bodies and it would remove his crippling weakness to Water.

Mega Sharpedo Water/Steel with Speed Boost and much higher defenses, his design would be based on a hammerhead shark (this is based on that fake of April Fool's Day in 2002 which was a hammerhead shark Steel/Water).
    Last edited by Norzan; 25th June 2014 at 01:39 PM.

Claimer of Garchomp and Steam Eruption

3DS 4682-9334-0694

Outplay the Coinflip -Glory Blaze-'s Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
    There are some rumours of Mega Camerupt and Mega Sharpedo so i'm hoping for:

Mega Camerupt Fire/Ground with Water Absorb because camels can store alot of water in their bodies and it would remove his crippling weakness to Water.

Mega Sharpedo Water/Steel with Speed Boost and much higher defenses, his design would be based on a hammerhead shark (this is based on that fake of April Fool's Day in 2002 which was a hammerhead shark Steel/Water).
    I would prefer MSharpedo to get Moxie - come in as Sharpedo-N, Protect or Aqua Jet to nab a Speed Boost, then MEvolve and start boosting Attack. It would be like Rollout but actually usable.