The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!) - Page 2

View Poll Results: Favourite ORAS Mega so far?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mega Sceptile

4 7.84%
  • Mega Swampert

2 3.92%
  • Mega Diancie

3 5.88%
  • Mega Sableye

0 0%
  • Mega Metagross

2 3.92%
  • Mega Altaria

5 9.80%
  • Mega Salamence

2 3.92%
  • Mega Lopunny

5 9.80%
  • Mega Audino

0 0%
  • Mega Slowbro

1 1.96%
  • Mega Gallade

6 11.76%
  • Mega Camerupt

3 5.88%
  • Mega Sharpedo

1 1.96%
  • Mega Rayquaza

8 15.69%
  • Mega Latias

2 3.92%
  • Mega Latios

1 1.96%
  • Mega Pidgeot

2 3.92%
  • Mega Beedrill

2 3.92%
  • Mega Glalie

2 3.92%
  • Mega Steelix

0 0%
Page 2 of 162 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Mega Evolutions Thread (MOD NOTE: Read first post!)

Imma drink my tears & cry Fairy Ice Ricky's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Fairy Ice Ricky On Twitter
    Follow Fairy Ice Ricky on Tumblr

Default Re: Will we get more Mega Evolutions in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

Quote Originally Posted by DasManiac View Post
    Since X/Y gave us Mega Kanto starters which starters (assuming Professor Birch will give us other ones) will get Mega Evolutions? Sinnoh, Johto, Unova, or Kalos?
    In Emerald you received a choice of Chikorita, Cyndaquil, or Totodile after completing the Hoenn Pokédex, so if they decide to bring that mechanic over I would place my bets on the Johto starters getting Mega Evolutions. And especially considering they're the only starter triangle without a single dual-type final evolution? They totally deserve buffs of some kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    What does everyone think to the chances that we might be able to get Mega Latias/Latios in these games?
    Assuming the box art of these games depict Mega Groudon and Mega Kyogre, I think there's a good-but-not-definite chance we will be getting Mega Latis in these games. It just seems weird for Game Freak to put them in the coding for X/Y and not do anything with them. Of course it could just be that the Mega Latis were completed early and so they decided to just chuck them into the coding, but something's telling me that Game Freak has (or, at least had) plans for the Mega Latis in X/Y.

3DS Friend Code: 5086-1398-3204 ▪|▪ 3DS/Pokémon X Name: Ricky
    Friend Safari: Steel - Klefki, Ferroseed, Forretress
    Claims: Lucario & Lucarionite ▪|▪ Teravolt ▪|▪ Fusion Bolt ▪|▪ Red Orb ▪|▪ Boutique [Pokémon X/Y]

Blog Entries

Lobbying for Mega Salamence and Mega Metagross.

Others I'd love to see are Mega Roserade, Mega Swampert, Mega Walrein, and even Mega Wailord.

Hopefully some non-3rd Gen Pokémon get a few as well. Like, I dunno, any 5th Gen Pokémon?!

"I'm sure that we and Pokémon have helped each other and enriched the world since ancient times. These memories have been engraved in each Pokémon's heart! So, I want Pokémon and people to get closer and closer! As the Champion, I want to tell that to everybody!"

MEGA F'ING AMPHAROS!!! Ampharos King's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Knowing Game Freak...

Mega Mewtwo Alpha and Omega
    Mega Charizard Alpha and Omega

Jokes aside, I can see plenty of the Mega Evolutions happening for a few more Gen III pokemon, especially the two other starters, the box legendaries, and Metagross. The Gen III remakes can be worked around so that Steven is looking for Mega Stones as opposed to just regular stones, and his Metagross (signature pokemon) may Mega Evolve during his battle with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Ricky View Post
    And especially considering they're the only starter triangle without a single dual-type final evolution? They totally deserve buffs of some kind.
    I think that mechanic had more to do with fitting into Johto's theme of "tradition." A "traditional" starter should remain pure-typed throughout their evolution. That didn't completely happen for Gen I; Charizard gained a secondary type, while Venusaur was dual-typed from the beginning.

No it's Dr. Strange, love Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

My only concern about the addition of new Mega Evolutions, is how it could affect communication with Pokémon XY. Obviously, GameFreak can just patch stuff (but them including Mega Lati@s in the coding makes me think they won't) but that would still make connectivity weird between games that aren't connected online. GameFreak could make it so that OR/AS can't communicate with copies of XY that haven't received the latest software update, but that could inconvenience a few people.

THE TOAD/SPY IS BACK!!!!! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sceptail, Swampert will get Megas for sure. Kyogre and Groudon too I think. Maybe Rayquaza. Though I feel that Metagross, Salamence and such popular often-used pokes will not get. Some of them but not all. If we look at the Megas they made for XY we can see a group of rarely used pokes which received a buff. Pinsir, Manectric, Houndoom, Mawile, Heracross, Abomasnow, Kanga... underused, not very popular but got Megas anyway. Megas feels to me like a tool to get bad pokemons better. Then they might not only give Hoenn mons Megas. Unova and Kalso has a good shot of getting some too since they did not have any in XY.
    You know you are followed...
    You know you are seen...
    You know that your secrets are revealed...
    You know that he is close...
    You know that you can not catch him...
    You know who he is...
    ...the Spypitoad...

Justice in Spades! Charles Dunois's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm betting Mega Sableye because its "opposite number" Mawile has one...

Y'know, to balance things out.

A couple of Gen 5 mons better get a mega evo or i'll be pissed.

Claimer of Garchomp and Steam Eruption

3DS 4682-9334-0694

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Dunois View Post
    I'm betting Mega Sableye because its "opposite number" Mawile has one...

Y'know, to balance things out.
    I've always called them counterpart Pokemon. Like how Ursaring is a two stage line and so is Donphan. Both were found in opposite versions and are thus counterpart Pokemon.
    Last edited by DasManiac; 7th May 2014 at 11:08 AM.
    FC is 1263 7145 9704 and Name is Drew. Current IGN is Hans.

Blog Entries

I definitely hope Sceptile and Swampert get them since Blaziken already has one. As for others, I'd like Tropius, Breloom, Flygon, Sabaleye, and of course SALAMENCE!

Imma drink my tears & cry Fairy Ice Ricky's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Fairy Ice Ricky On Twitter
    Follow Fairy Ice Ricky on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos King View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Ricky View Post
    And especially considering they're the only starter triangle without a single dual-type final evolution? They totally deserve buffs of some kind.
    I think that mechanic had more to do with fitting into Johto's theme of "tradition." A "traditional" starter should remain pure-typed throughout their evolution. That didn't completely happen for Gen I; Charizard gained a secondary type, while Venusaur was dual-typed from the beginning.
    You're probably correct, and I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you. But wasn't Game Freak also originally planning to finish the series after Gold & Silver? Assuming that's not just a rumor I think that's something to keep in mind, and especially now that Game Freak can use Mega Evolution to make changes to final evolution without fully overhauling their design, their thinking in the late '90s can obviously change almost 20 years later.

Anyway, I was just throwing ideas out there.

3DS Friend Code: 5086-1398-3204 ▪|▪ 3DS/Pokémon X Name: Ricky
    Friend Safari: Steel - Klefki, Ferroseed, Forretress
    Claims: Lucario & Lucarionite ▪|▪ Teravolt ▪|▪ Fusion Bolt ▪|▪ Red Orb ▪|▪ Boutique [Pokémon X/Y]

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    Plus, Groudon and Kyogre have quite different designs in the new box arts, which could mean those are their Mega Evolutions. Besides those, which Generation III (or not) Pokémon should be blessed with mega upgrades?
    The designs honestly don't look all that different (aside from glowing white instead of blue), but Ken Sugimori has done the boxart for all core series games so far, so new artwork from him is significant somehow.
    Game: "Would you like to give a nickname to the newly hatched [Pokémon]?"
    Trevor: "You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    XY Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210 (feel free to add me before asking, it saves time)

THE TOAD/SPY IS BACK!!!!! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
    A couple of Gen 5 mons better get a mega evo or i'll be pissed.
    Agreed. Hopefully Emboar. Give him more bulk/speed and make him the monster he truly is. Or create a Mega Ferrothorn. Mega Aggron will look like a joke next to him.
    You know you are followed...
    You know you are seen...
    You know that your secrets are revealed...
    You know that he is close...
    You know that you can not catch him...
    You know who he is...
    ...the Spypitoad...

The reveal of Mega Blaziken in X/Y already confirmed that. What I want to know is how Game Freak will implement Mega Evolution and stones into the story. Then again, it might be a feature unlocked post-game.
    GPX+: | VDP:

Blog Entries

We defiantly will be getting more megas, I am certain of it!
    With Blaziken being a taster and a huge hint that a Hoenn remake may be in store, which it was, I think the other starters will get one, it would be stupid if they didn't.
    Mega Latios and Latias will defiantly be in it, I also think the following Pokemon will get megas.
    Milotic (Gyarados got one why not it's twin?)
    Salamence/metagross (maybe version differences? I just love my buddy Salamence!)
    Shiftry?
    Swallow, wild shot but maybe?

Can't think of any more but I do think it's possible Kyogre and Groudon have megas due to the box art, unless it's something we don't know, a forme of some sort? I think megas are more likely, but will Rayquaza get one?

I'm A Bit-I Mean Witch Capricious Equilibrium's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think Rayquaza will, it's a tad unfair.

Talking about that, Mega Sceptile and Swampert. Now XD

Also, MEs were made by life/death energy. Xerneas/Yveltal. Eco System. Zygarde... Hmmm...

Also, I'm betting version exclusive MEs called Omega/Alpha Mega _________ or Mega ________ Omega/Alpha ^^

Page 2 of 162 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast