Mirage Islands and Regi Puzzles - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mirage Islands and Regi Puzzles

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mirage Islands and Regi Puzzles

I'm longing for Deoxys and Mew! Hope they can appear one one of these islands, like they did last time in Emerald!

Not gonna lie, I've never been to Mirage Island so if it was just slightly less RNG nonsense controlled to get to that make me happy.

The Regi quest was fine, I liked the whole situation with the Braille. I wouldn't mind them tying in Regigigas into it this time too.
    3DS FC: 2466 - 3213 - 3790
    Friend Safari: Fairy: Kirlia, Spritzee, Floette

Didn't they change the regi puzzle between Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald? I hope they change it again, so we have to figure it out, like the good ol' days, :D

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yato View Post
    If they need to bring back Ho-oh and Lugia, I'd prefer if they place them in Mirage Islands instead of Navel Rock. I'd rather have that than some random Sevii Island.
    Navel Rock is only loosely associated with the Sevii Islands really, I see no problem with it.

Personally, I hope the Regi puzzles change if only so that you can't use an old walkthrough to solve them (I imagine this is why they all changed in Emerald, as well). But I do want them to stay as delightfully random as they were originally, or perhaps even moreso.

As for Mirage Island, I never encountered it myself, and would like it to become easier to reach, but I don't want it to just appear by default in the new games. Perhaps they could tie its appearance to some factor that could be easily influenced to make it more or less likely to appear, such as making it depend on all the Pokémon in your boxes like the lottery instead of just on the Pokémon you have in your party.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yato View Post
    If they need to bring back Ho-oh and Lugia, I'd prefer if they place them in Mirage Islands instead of Navel Rock. I'd rather have that than some random Sevii Island.
    You'd have to redesign Mirage Island to make suitable spots for them, (unless you just want them standing next to each other or something) and alter the accessibility of the island if you want people to be able to catch Ho-Oh and Lugia on a whim (and be able to get back to the island if players fail to catch Ho-Oh and Lugia and re-battle the E4 to make them re-appear). It seems like it'd be Mirage Island in name only. All this to avoid the Sevii Islands?

3DS name: DuckNasch, Friend Code: 1177-7926-0353, Friend Safari: Doduo, Hoothoot, Fletchinder

I hope that the Mirage Island is going to be much easier to access. I never did get to see the Mirage Island in the Generation III games whatsoever.

Hopefully catching the Regis this generation won't be as complicated as it was back in gen 3. Luckily I had the internet to help me out back then. As for Mirage Island, just please have something other than Wynaut to catch.
    Proud Sonic and Pokemon fan!

Deviantart: JohnSLPaul

2ds FC: 1478-4291-7605
    Friend Safari Type: Fairy

I just don't understand why the Regi puzzles NEED to become easier. With the exception of the Sealed Chamber itself, the Regi's caves are laughably easy to get to (being placed along ordinary routes). They have no wild Pokémon, and require solving a single puzzle to access the Legendary Pokémon themselves, unlike drawn out dungeons like the Seafoam Islands, the Whirl Islands, or Stark Mountain. And that single puzzle is one that literally tells you the solution, provided you know Braille, transcribe the cipher from the Sealed Chamber, or have access to a dictionary or Wikipedia (compare that to the insanely complex cipher in the Abyssal Ruins from Black and White Versions, which provided no guide whatsoever until the sequels and shifted the translation between floors). Making Wailord more easily obtainable and rewording or replacing the more confusingly-worded puzzles are the only real justifiable changes that could be made.

It boggles my mind that while so many people complain about the reduced battle difficulty in X and Y, there are still people who want one of the simplest in-game puzzles in the series to be nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Boy View Post
    Hopefully catching the Regis this generation won't be as complicated as it was back in gen 3. Luckily I had the internet to help me out back then. As for Mirage Island, just please have something other than Wynaut to catch.
    Like maybe a legendary. Or a higher chance of shiny encounters. Or hidden ability Pokemon.

I agree with making the Mirage Island easier to get to, I never once visited it when playing the Gen III games.

Hopefully there's more than Leichi berries and Wynaut this time around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

Yeah, I never saw it once. Only in my guidebook. They should make it so it appears maybe a random day or two each month? Or just a random chance each day?
    My Current (and tentative) Planned Main Team for my Alpha Sapphire League Challenge:

Like some others have said about Mirage Island, there should be at least one guaranteed visit, like on your Birthday. I'd also love to see Regigigas become obtainable post-game once you got all three original Regis.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

I pray to God the Sealed Chamber puzzle stays as difficult and obscure as it had been. It actually made you work for it. Who would think to consult the manual for the braille alphabet. When you completed it you actually felt like you accomplished something. And with the extent of information online today, anyone could figure it out pretty easily if they wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post
    I pray to God the Sealed Chamber puzzle stays as difficult and obscure as it had been. It actually made you work for it. Who would think to consult the manual for the braille alphabet. When you completed it you actually felt like you accomplished something. And with the extent of information online today, anyone could figure it out pretty easily if they wanted to.
    ^It was also a great way for people to learn about Braille! Side-quests that get people to learn about something in real life should be added by GameFreak more often. After all, parents can't complain about video games when said games give their kids an opportunity to learn something new. :D

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345