Legendary Pokemon Discussion - Page 7
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendary Pokemon Discussion

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Legendary Pokemon Discussion

-Raikou/Entei/Suicune: Post game runners, I guess
    -Lugia/Ho-oh: Obtainable at Navel Rock post game (no event required)
    -Regigigas: Obtain in Sealed Cavern after obtaining the other Regis.
    -Heatran: Obtain the Magma Stone post game, take it to Mt. Chimney
    -Muskudeers: Sometime post game, they appear on random routes similar to BW2 (Cobalion on Rt. 114, Terrakion on Rt. 116, Virizion on Rt. 119)
    -Kami Trio: More runners, I guess?
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 11th May 2014 at 11:52 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    -Raikou/Entei/Suicune: Post game runners, I guess
    -Lugia/Ho-oh: Obtainable at Navel Rock post game (no event required)
    -Heatran: Obtain the Magma Stone post game, take it to Mt. Chimney
    -Muskudeers: Sometime post game, they appear on random routes similar to BW2 (Cobalion on Rt. 114, Terrakion on Rt. 116, Virizion on Rt. 119)
    -Kami Trio: More runners, I guess?
    (Add Regigigas to that list...?)

I don't think the Kamis, Muskateers, AND the Beast trio could all appear... That would be like, what, SEVENTEEN legendaries in total in each game? (Counting the others you said...)
    I think two, or maybe just one, of those trios would appear.... (but hopefully, two.)

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing all three of those in the game, it's just that imo, it's unlikely. If they do appear though, I want them to actually make each one special in their own way, not just add a random location and say, "There's a legendary here, go catch it". I mean, there should be a sort of sub-plot for each. (Yeah, I'm probably asking for too much....)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    This is completely beside the point, but I get a warm, fuzzy and vaguely manic feeling when I see all these posts from other forums on here and realize the pokemon fandom is incredibly interconnected. We're all here and there and over there....it's cool in a sort of, "Oh God, I don't know why I'm laughing!" way.

Scene from teaser looks like Groudon/Kyogre getting out of Seafloor Cavern and looking at Sootopolis. I know teaser says that game footage is not final and I hope it’s true, because Groudon appearing there could mean that Magma Hideout in volcano is redundant. The worst thing is that there might be even no legendary battle because the plot is like in original R/S. Unless they thought of some other way to make opposite legendary appearing in game.

Registered User Fairy Type Arceus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shiny_magikarp View Post
    Scene from teaser looks like Groudon/Kyogre getting out of Seafloor Cavern and looking at Sootopolis. I know teaser says that game footage is not final and I hope it’s true, because Groudon appearing there could mean that Magma Hideout in volcano is redundant. The worst thing is that there might be even no legendary battle because the plot is like in original R/S. Unless they thought of some other way to make opposite legendary appearing in game.

How about

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy Type Arceus View Post

Give them a new location. I haven't played sapphire in years and i only played it once opposed to my 30 times in emerald xD but if i remember correctly in sapphire you fight team aqua and team magma helps you. So ( in the remakes) Team aqua awakens kyogre. Maxie in an attempt to get one up on them sends you to awaken groundon somewhere else that's probably under water too with the orb. You awaken him and he goes to fight kyogre rayquaza stops the fight by himself but archie has found kyogres mega stone ( tieing in with the new form so if not mega stone the way to transform him into his new form) and manages to keep kyogre around leaving you to stop it. And vice versa in omega ruby.

The only hard part is giving groudon/kyogre a new location to waken. They shouldn't be in the same spot anyway makes no sense for groudon to be in a cave under water.

Theres plenty of ways they can still be included. There's also the chance that's just the intro, or they are appearing on oppiste sides of stoopilis.

I'm personally hoping for Mew to make an appearance, we haven't had a chance at Mew for a long time, and with Pokemon Origins they could do a cool postgame event traveling back to Mew's island like in Emerald and encountering Red on the hunt for Mew, and finally being able to catch Mew.

THE TOAD/SPY IS BACK!!!!! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixon View Post
    I don't think the Kamis, Muskateers, AND the Beast trio could all appear... That would be like, what, SEVENTEEN legendaries in total in each game? (Counting the others you said...)
    I think two, or maybe just one, of those trios would appear.... (but hopefully, two.)
    In that case I would like the Kamis and the beasts.

Others I want is Rayquaza, Lugia, Ho-Oh and some event legends. Hopefully Victini, Darkrai or Jirachi.
    You know you are followed...
    You know you are seen...
    You know that your secrets are revealed...
    You know that he is close...
    You know that you can not catch him...
    You know who he is...
    ...the Spypitoad...

Blog Entries

(Add Regigigas to that list...?)
    Knew I was forgetting something.

Put Regigigas in Sealed Cavern.

I could see them adding a lot of legendaries in this game and the next game (XY2, probably), simply because there's still a lot left to catch. We still need all of the 2nd, 4th, and 5th gen legendaries in some form, and unless there's some sort of peripheral like the Dream Radar that can add more of them, they need to be divided between ORAS and the next game. And with transfers being tied to a cloud storage service that will most definitely lose compatibility with 6th gen sometime after the next generation begins (just like how Wi-Fi for the DS is being shut down), it's going to be all the more important that they make every legendary catchable within each generation.

They could end up making some of these legendaries version exclusives to help cut down though. Maybe they could have Tornadus/Thundurus as version exclusives, or make it so you only get one of the Beast trio based on your starter. Something like that.

If I had to get rid of any of those, though, probably the Beast trio since they fit Hoenn the least out of the ones I listed.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 11th May 2014 at 11:57 AM.

I think the Kami trio makes the most sense. At the very least Thundurus and Tornadus could instigate a fight with Kyogre and Groudon. With Landorus and Rayquaza getting control over their respective trios. But that's more wishful thinking than anything. Hoenn has such a diverse region where things like legendary pokemon fighting with each other makes the most sense out of all the regions.

I could see them adding a lot of legendaries in this game and the next game (XY2, probably), simply because there's still a lot left to catch. We still need all of the 2nd, 4th, and 5th gen legendaries in some form, and unless there's some sort of peripheral like the Dream Radar that can add more of them, they need to be divided between ORAS and the next game. And with transfers being tied to a cloud storage service that will most definitely lose compatibility with 6th gen sometime after the next generation begins (just like how Wi-Fi for the DS is being shut down), it's going to be all the more important that they make every legendary catchable within each generation.
    There is no indication that Pokémon Bank will stop supporting Generation V transfers in the next generation. As I've told you before, the Wi-Fi servers being shut down is due to the fact that Nintendo Network is a new system. Satoru Iwata has basically already proved your assumption wrong: "Our future platform will connect with our consumers based on accounts, not devices. Of course, when we do launch new hardware in the future, rather than re-creating an installed base from scratch as we did in the past, we wish to build on our existing connections with our consumers through NNIDs and continue to maintain them."

So no, Game Freak don't have to make all the Pokémon available in a single generation. None of the B2W2 legendaries are necessary, especially as they're still promoting Pokémon Bank. Even if there comes a time when transfers from Generation V are no longer possible, that time isn't now. Lastly, they could always distribute legendaries rather than shoving them into regions that don't fit them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    There is no indication that Pokémon Bank will stop supporting Generation V transfers in the next generation. As I've told you before, the Wi-Fi servers being shut down is due to the fact that Nintendo Network is a new system. Satoru Iwata has basically already proved your assumption wrong: "Our future platform will connect with our consumers based on accounts, not devices. Of course, when we do launch new hardware in the future, rather than re-creating an installed base from scratch as we did in the past, we wish to build on our existing connections with our consumers through NNIDs and continue to maintain them."
    That doesn't mean they'll be supporting old devices forever, all they're saying is that they're going to be retaining the same account from one console to the next. Fact of the matter is it's not financially viable to provide internet support for an old consoles forever, as time goes on, less people are using the console and they need to prioritize support for their next device. It's not worth it to them to keep the servers up for the handful of people that are still using older devices when people are more interested in playing the latest and greatest games.

Bank has a similar problem. There's only so much server space to use for Bank, once we get to 7th gen, they're not going to have a Bank for 6th gen and a Bank for 7th gen, there's not enough space for that. And certainly not when we get to say, 10th gen and we need a Bank for 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th as well. So come 7th gen, Bank will undoubtedly withdraw support for 6th gen and shift towards 7th gen.

So no, Game Freak don't have to make all the Pokémon available in a single generation. None of the B2W2 legendaries are necessary, especially as they're still promoting Pokémon Bank. Even if there comes a time when transfers from Generation V are no longer possible, that time isn't now. Lastly, they could always distribute legendaries rather than shoving them into regions that don't fit them.
    Distributions do not solve the problem, as they are also time limited. What I'm saying is, what if you want to play these games 5 years or so later when 5th gen transfers are gone? How will you complete the Pokedex if certain Pokemon are not obtained within the 6th gen games? Distributing all of the legendaries through an actual game or app that doesn't require online makes the games more futureproof, allowing you to enjoy them to a greater degree even after online support is gone.

And really, this is nothing new. FRLG, Platinum, HGSS, and BW2 all had legendaries from completely unrelated regions.

That doesn't mean they'll be supporting old devices forever, all they're saying is that they're going to be retaining the same account from one console to the next. Fact of the matter is it's not financially viable to provide internet support for an old consoles forever, as time goes on, less people are using the console and they need to prioritize support for their next device. It's not worth it to them to keep the servers up for the handful of people that are still using older devices when people are more interested in playing the latest and greatest games.
    You didn't understand Iwata's statement. He's saying that the services won't be device-based.

There's only so much server space to use for Bank,
    I don't think you know what you're talking about. They're charging people to maintain servers, which they could expand at any given time.

once we get to 7th gen, they're not going to have a Bank for 6th gen and a Bank for 7th gen, there's not enough space for that.
    They're going to have a single account for all the games which will be maintained for years. That's the whole idea behind Pokémon Bank. If you were right, there would be no reason to make the service cloud-based in the first place.

So come 7th gen, Bank will undoubtedly withdraw support for 6th gen and shift towards 7th gen.
    No.

What I'm saying is, what if you want to play these games 5 years or so later when 5th gen transfers are gone? How will you complete the Pokedex if certain Pokemon are not obtained within the 6th gen games?
    There won't be such a problem for many years, and by then these games won't matter compared to the newer ones. You seem to be contradicting yourself. I also disagree with your implication that online battling and trading are less important than completing the Pokédex by yourself.

And really, this is nothing new. FRLG, Platinum, HGSS, and BW2 all had legendaries from completely unrelated regions.
    FRLG only had legendaries from Johto, and the other games you mentioned didn't have over 17 legendaries overall (including the native ones), nor did they use land-based Pokémon which have no way of moving around to different continents. The exception to this is Heatran, but it is hardly much of a legendary so it is plausible for there to be more than one of it.
    Last edited by Silktree; 12th May 2014 at 02:47 AM.

Blog Entries

You didn't understand Iwata's statement. He's saying that the services won't be device-based.
    Whether or not the services are device based doesn't matter because at some point, the devices become obsolete. Their services upgrade to be compatible with newer hardware. By that logic, we should be able to play any kind of software ever made by Nintendo ever, even old NES and SNES games (without the use of the eShop). That's an obvious impossibility.

I don't think you know what you're talking about. They're charging people to maintain servers, which they could expand at any given time.
    Not at the rate they would need to accommodate that many Pokemon.

They're going to have a single account for all the games which will be maintained for years. That's the whole idea behind Pokémon Bank. If you were right, there would be no reason to make the service cloud-based in the first place.
    See my first point. At some point, they're going to have to cut off compatibility with 3DS games in order to do this. They won't be able to do this for every Pokemon game from now until the end of time, it's probably only going to work with the current generation.

There won't be such a problem for many years
    If by "many", you mean about 3-4 years.

and by then these games won't matter compared to the newer ones.
    Uh, yes they will? Aside from remakes and third versions, each game is unique. A different region, a different storyline, different gameplay features, etc. The older ones don't not matter until remakes come out.

You seem to be contradicting yourself. I also disagree with your implication that online battling and trading are less important than completing the Pokédex by yourself.
    That's not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is that after online battling and trading end, I would like the games to still feel fully playable in every other respect. That I can complete the Pokedex, access a particular area, or get a particular item without outside help. That's what I mean by "future proofing" the games, making as much content accessible in the games as they can without relying on a temporary service such as online or events (with the exception of event exclusive Pokemon, which aren't required for Pokedex completion anymore anyway, so it's no big loss if those Pokemon are gone forever).

FRLG only had legendaries from Johto, and the other games you mentioned didn't have over 17 legendaries overall (including the native ones), nor did they use land-based Pokémon which have no way of moving around to different continents. The exception to this is Heatran, but it is hardly much of a legendary so it is plausible for there to be more than one of it.
    They don't care about this kind of logic at all. Hell, in that recent "trailer" for ORAS, they showed Groudon rising out of the middle of the ocean. Makes perfect sense, right? They're either not going to bother explaining it, or BS it in somehow ("this particular area is rumored to be connected to the ____ region", etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat
    Whether or not the services are device based doesn't matter because at some point, the devices become obsolete. Their services upgrade to be compatible with newer hardware. By that logic, we should be able to play any kind of software ever made by Nintendo ever, even old NES and SNES games (without the use of the eShop). That's an obvious impossibility.
    Nintendo Network is not specific to the 3DS and will be carried over to its successor. The service is operated by Nintendo themselves, unlike Nintendo Wi-Fi which has been operated by Gamespy. The Gamespy network is being shut down by IGN; Nintendo have nothing to do with it. You have the wrong impression of Nintendo's approach to maintaining services. It doesn't matter if the 3DS will become obsolete as long as the Generation VI games are compatible with the successor. Mind you, Diamond and Pearl have been playable online for nearly 8 years.

I hope you realize that the Generation IV games only had access to the Regis through a movie promotion. A player using a DSi or a 3DS can't complete the National Pokédex by themselves, and even other players need access to a Hoenn game. The Generation V games rely on their predecessors for quite a few Pokémon, which isn't convenient as it requires access to a second device. Compared to these cases, Pokémon Bank is a convenient system. If it weren't supposed to be maintained for a very long time, it wouldn't be cloud-based.

Not at the rate they would need to accommodate that many Pokemon.
    Again, that's why they're charging money. They'll probably give players the option of more storage space at an added cost. It would certainly be better than shutting the Generation VI servers and letting those Pokémon disappear.

Hell, in that recent "trailer" for ORAS, they showed Groudon rising out of the middle of the ocean. Makes perfect sense, right?
    Groudon had to surf in the original games (even Emerald) and I've never found it weird (considering that some dinosaurs swam in the same way), especially as Groudon wouldn't really be able to battle Kyogre otherwise. Raikou, Entei and the Muskedeer trio are a different story.
    Last edited by Silktree; 14th May 2014 at 05:46 AM.

Talking about legendaries, I hope we'll get a wifi event for Jirachi - it's one of the rarer event pkmn now...
    I really wish they'd just retire these old events from their "event" status... they sort of degraded the starters already in XY by giving us access to all Kalos and Kanto starters in the safari (yes, you needed enough friends to have them all, but it's still much more than the 0 starters you could find as wild pkmn in past games) so maybe it is time to do something similar with the rest of the starters and all the past event legendaries (and yes I realize this probably won't happen)

I agree that a total of 16 event-exclusive legendaries is quite overkill, as it's unfeasible for all of them to be re-distributed in a timely fashion. I feel that the Pokémon movies are responsible for Game Freak increasing the quota of new mirage Pokémon to 3-4 ever since Generation IV (or even 5 if you include Phione). It might be excusable during the generation itself, but not years down the road.

I don't see the Mew-like legendaries or Arceus ever being normally obtainable, but Deoxys, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin (which differs from the others in having a Forme and being introduced in the same generation as Manaphy), Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect don't have a good reason to stay event-exclusive. ORAS would particularly benefit from a post-game story surrounding Deoxys. Hopefully that will happen even if an event is required to actually obtain Deoxys.
    Last edited by Silktree; 14th May 2014 at 11:23 AM.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast