Legendary Pokemon Discussion - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Legendary Pokemon Discussion

Default Re: Legendary Pokemon Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    Until there's further proof to it having meaning, it is meaningless.
    It's a sign that they're considering a connection. It definitely isn't a coincidence if that's what you're getting at.

They should have just done that in XY tbh. I mean, I think we're all pretty bored of Pressure.
    So if they haven't done it yet that means they shouldn't do it at all?

No it's Dr. Strange, love Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    It's a sign that they're considering a connection. It definitely isn't a coincidence if that's what you're getting at.
    No, I'm not getting at that it's a coincidence. What I am saying, is that it's a reference as thin as a slice of cheap cheddar as opposed to the opening to a whole new story or whatever. It will probably just be a dumping ground for Lugia if he's to be caught in that game.

They should have just done that in XY tbh. I mean, I think we're all pretty bored of Pressure.
    So if they haven't done it yet that means they shouldn't do it at all?
    That was more me casually complaining there; like how they didn't give us the Gen V starter Hidden Abilities in B2W2. I really wish you'd stop putting words in my mouth.

What I am saying, is that it's a reference as thin as a slice of cheap cheddar as opposed to the opening to a whole new story or whatever. It will probably just be a dumping ground for Lugia if he's to be caught in that game.
    Or the birds are needed to unlock Lugia in the cave and that will lead to some explanation. There is nothing unfeasible about this.

But this discussion is going nowhere and isn't even relevant to these games. I'll just say that I think Lugia should be kept for Sea Spirit's Den.

Blog Entries
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

What I am saying, is that it's a reference as thin as a slice of cheap cheddar as opposed to the opening to a whole new story or whatever. It will probably just be a dumping ground for Lugia if he's to be caught in that game.
    Or the birds are needed to unlock Lugia in the cave and that will lead to some explanation. There is nothing unfeasible about this.

But this discussion is going nowhere and isn't even relevant to these games. I'll just say that I think Lugia should be kept for Sea Spirit's Den.
    I just remembered that Groudon and Kyogre had an explanation for why they were in HGSS (although iirc, Rayquaza was just "there"). I think whether or not the birds will be available again will depend largely on whether we'll get a third version or a sequels - if they are sequels, then I see no reason for them to be included. Could simply be a case of collect all three legendary birds, take them to the Sea Spirit's Den and it will appear. If there is added mythos to it, then cool, but I wouldn't expect it. Have Lugia sure, but I'm getting pretty bored of Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres.

Meanwhile, Mt. Pyre would be a good location for Ho-Oh to be, with Entei, Raikou and Suicune roaming around Hoenn.

Registered User Fairy Type Arceus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jirachi should have an event where we go to the moon to catch him :D

Looking back at legendaries that were available in FR/LG and HG/SS, it's a safe bet that Lugia and Ho-oh will be available. That'd be a good excuse to include the beasts as well.

I can't see any Gen V legendaries being available in OR/AS, but I'd love to be proved wrong with the Kami trio at least.

3DS FC: 1950-8754-3734 - IGN: Jay - FS: [Ghost]: Phantump, Shuppet, Dusclops

with Entei, Raikou and Suicune roaming around Hoenn.
    I beg to differ. As roamers that can't fly, the legendary beasts shouldn't end up on an island that isn't connected to Johto by land. I'd much rather see them in a new area even if it is just a small isolated one. We still don't know what the "spectacular new world" line entails.

Blog Entries

with Entei, Raikou and Suicune roaming around Hoenn.
    I beg to differ. As roamers that can't fly, the legendary beasts shouldn't end up on an island that isn't connected to Johto by land. I'd much rather see them in a new area even if it is just a small isolated one. We still don't know what the "spectacular new world" line entails.
    Suicune can traverse water and heck, even Entei could be found in water in Gen II/IV. I don't see it being any more unreasonable than Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf suddenly having a cave in Unova.

"Spectacular New World" probably just means "You kids haven't seen Hoenn before".

even Entei could be found in water in Gen II/IV.
    That is definitely an oversight.

I don't see it being any more unreasonable than Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf suddenly having a cave in Unova.
    That cave was in a new part of Unova and Professor Juniper explained that the trio teleported from Sinnoh. At least it was shown how they arrived in Unova.

"Spectacular New World" probably just means "You kids haven't seen Hoenn before".
    That shouldn't be taken for granted when they haven't confirmed that the games are remakes. Not to mention that XY foreshadowed a region which was established as not being any of the existing ones.

I REALLY don't want to see the legendary birds or creation trio AGAIN. We really have seen them enough recently.

I'm fine with any others, just give them a break.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

Blog Entries

That is definitely an oversight.
    A hilarious one.

I don't see it being any more unreasonable than Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf suddenly having a cave in Unova.
    That cave was in a new part of Unova and Professor Juniper explained that the trio teleported from Sinnoh. At least it was shown how they arrived in Unova.
    Mewtwo leaving the Unknown Dungeon in Kanto to go to the Unknown Dungeon in Kalos then?

That shouldn't be taken for granted when they haven't confirmed that the games are remakes. Not to mention that XY foreshadowed a region which was established as not being any of the existing ones.[/QUOTE]
    I'm 100% confident that we're talking about an enhanced remake of Ruby and Sapphire. From the official press release:
    Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are a fresh take on Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire, which launched in 2003 and were fan-favorite hits on the Game Boy Advance system.
    A major part of Ruby and Sapphire was the Hoenn region, do you really think they'd just replace it, yet still keep the Ruby and Sapphire name? Sure, we might get new areas like the Sevii Islands or the various little extras added to Johto and yes, the legendary beasts could be found in those new areas as opposed to roaming (I would prefer if they were stationary; would make it easier to get one with good IVs), but these games are more than likely enhanced remakes like FRLG and HGSS.

Mewtwo leaving the Unknown Dungeon in Kanto to go to the Unknown Dungeon in Kalos then?
    Mewtwo can fly and/or teleport. The legendary beasts presumably don't have such powers.

A major part of Ruby and Sapphire was the Hoenn region, do you really think they'd just replace it, yet still keep the Ruby and Sapphire name? Sure, we might get new areas like the Sevii Islands or the various little extras added to Johto and yes, the legendary beasts could be found in those new areas as opposed to roaming (I would prefer if they were stationary; would make it easier to get one with good IVs), but these games are more than likely enhanced remakes like FRLG and HGSS.
    I don't see how a fresh take denotes remakes rather than sequels. They could have just called the games remakes as they did with FRLG and HGSS from the get-go, but they didn't. And I don't doubt that Hoenn will be included, but that doesn't mean that a second region of some form can't be added in a substantial way.

Blog Entries

Mewtwo can fly and/or teleport. The legendary beasts presumably don't have such powers.
    Who even says it has to be the same legendary beast trio? Ho-Oh could have revived more Pokémon in its time, but Johto only cares about the ones that happened in Johto.

I don't see how a fresh take denotes remakes rather than sequels. They could have just called the games remakes as they did with FRLG and HGSS from the get-go, but they didn't. And I don't doubt that Hoenn will be included, but that doesn't mean that a second region of some form can't be added in a substantial way.
    I don't see how "Fresh take on Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire" denotes anything other than a remake. They could have also just called them sequels, like they did with B2W2, but they didn't.
    But this is hardly the thread to talk about that.

Who even says it has to be the same legendary beast trio? Ho-Oh could have revived more Pokémon in its time, but Johto only cares about the ones that happened in Johto.
    And it revived them in Hoenn of all places? You don't find that contrived? As far as we know, only one trio exists and that shouldn't change just because. There were very special circumstances behind the resurrection of the trio in Johto.

I hope the Swords of Justice or the Johto beasts are catchable in OR/AS, pokemon in the Undiscovered group now will come with at least three perfect IVs when caught in the wild, it would be possible to catch them with perfect/near perfect IV spread.

Claimer of Garchomp and Steam Eruption

3DS 4682-9334-0694

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast