Kanto stuff in OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Kanto stuff in OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire

Blog Entries

Default Re: FireRed/LeafGreen stuff in OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire

Quote Originally Posted by Jolty94 View Post
    I find it hard to understand why everyone is so big on the Sevii Islands returning, I very much doubt it will happen. I still and probably always will see it as a FRLG exclusive. There was a lot of nostalgia of the original games contained in XY and I really would also appreciate not having to run into the Legendary birds again, they deserve a rest, so do the dogs! Bring back all the cool Regi stuff, and of course add Regigigas!
    Lastly, let us battle the Kanto Gym Leaders post-game at least, that would be a nice relevant touch if anything.
    Well, the islands weren't seen since 2004. And the Legendary Beasts weren't seen since HeartGold and SoulSilver. I do get why you're tired of the birds.

ORAS revealed and no 3DS Kynn Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kynn Master On Twitter Add Kynn Master on Facebook

"Sevii Islands are near Hoenn."..."Sevii Islands are near Hoenn."..."Sevii Islands are near Hoenn."..."Sevii Islands are near Hoenn."...

Sevii Islands are based on Izu Islands, which are below Tokyo (Saffron in Pokémon).
    Hoenn is freaggin' Kyushu, which is the southern island of Japan, just look at the distance between Kantō and Kyushu and tell me if they are near.
    If there's a place that should be added, it should be the rest of Kyushu, here (and we can see that they created some places), or maybe even a place based on Okinawa, but instead of placing it east of Hoenn it can be put south of it.

And please no more Kanto. Not just because every Pokemon game has a bit of Kanto, but all that creepypasta scared the shit out of me. (/\)-(/\)
    Love Is Love No Matter Who You Find It In.
    ♂ + ♂ = ♥
    ♀ + ♀ = ♥
    ♀ + ♂ = ♥

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Yeah, the Izu Islands are near Tokyo, which is far from Kyushu, but that doesn't mean that the Pokémon world is shaped exactly like Earth (even if real world locations are where they drew inspiration for Pokémon regions). Heck, Hoenn is sideways if the Pokémon is shaped exactly like Earth.

So, for all we know, Hoenn could be kinda close to the Sevii Islands

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Given that Hoenn itself is rotated compared to Kyushu, I don't think the real world's geography is much of an argument here. :P For that matter, Unova is really distorted compared to actual New York. So who's to say the Sevii Islands are closest to Kanto?

Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Given that Hoenn itself is rotated compared to Kyushu, I don't think the real world's geography is much of an argument here. :P For that matter, Unova is really distorted compared to actual New York. So who's to say the Sevii Islands are closest to Kanto?
    Given that they've only been accessible from Kanto (not even being added to Emerald), that they used the Kanto Storage System (and needed additional technology to even trade with Hoenn), that Team Rocket (an organization from Kanto and Johto) had a presence there, and that at least two members of the Kanto Elite Four came from there, I'd say it's way more likely that they're near Kanto than near Hoenn.

I'm hoping the Sevii Islands don't appear, and not because I prefer them to be tied to Kanto rather than Hoenn. I just think that they'd be superfluous. Hoenn is a diverse and vibrant region on its own, whereas the Sevii Islands largely existed to add that same kind of variety to the less impressive Kanto region from Gen. I. And I'd like Game Freak to focus on Hoenn itself, and make it as interesting and cohesive as possible.

Blog Entries

While I don't think they'll appear, I would kind of like the Sevii Islands to be included. Hoenn is a great region, but similarly to Red and Green, Ruby and Sapphire aren't known for their amazing postgame (at least, not in my opinion.) The Sevii Islands would be a great way of rectifying that, and would be a great place to stick some of the 500 or so Pokémon not in the Hoenn Dex. Like The Outrage mentioned, Unown hasn't been catchable since HeartGold and SoulSilver, and the Sevii Islands' Tanoby Ruins would be a good way to include them...

3DS name: DuckNasch, Friend Code: 1177-7926-0353, Friend Safari: Doduo, Hoothoot, Fletchinder

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by SeanWheeler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolty94 View Post
    I find it hard to understand why everyone is so big on the Sevii Islands returning, I very much doubt it will happen. I still and probably always will see it as a FRLG exclusive. There was a lot of nostalgia of the original games contained in XY and I really would also appreciate not having to run into the Legendary birds again, they deserve a rest, so do the dogs! Bring back all the cool Regi stuff, and of course add Regigigas!
    Lastly, let us battle the Kanto Gym Leaders post-game at least, that would be a nice relevant touch if anything.
    Well, the islands weren't seen since 2004. And the Legendary Beasts weren't seen since HeartGold and SoulSilver. I do get why you're tired of the birds.
    They can save the islands for the 20th anniversary of Kanto. Hoenn needs all the focus it needs on their region.

The Sevii Islands should appear in ORAS, they did in Emerald in the form of Navel Rock and Birth Island (Island 8 and 9). It was the only two locations in Gen III where you could be in the same place from a Hoenn game and Kanto game.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyPKMN View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by YamiiDenryuu View Post
    Given that they've only been accessible from Kanto (not even being added to Emerald), that they used the Kanto Storage System (and needed additional technology to even trade with Hoenn), that Team Rocket (an organization from Kanto and Johto) had a presence there, and that at least two members of the Kanto Elite Four came from there, I'd say it's way more likely that they're near Kanto than near Hoenn.

I'm hoping the Sevii Islands don't appear, and not because I prefer them to be tied to Kanto rather than Hoenn. I just think that they'd be superfluous. Hoenn is a diverse and vibrant region on its own, whereas the Sevii Islands largely existed to add that same kind of variety to the less impressive Kanto region from Gen. I. And I'd like Game Freak to focus on Hoenn itself, and make it as interesting and cohesive as possible.

They were partially accessible from Emerald.

As you can see in this image, Birth Island is the triangle-shaped Island directly South of Island 6. Navel Rock on the other hand is the small mountain-shaped Island inbetween Island 4 and 5. So even in Emerald, you were basically able to go to the Sevii Islands, even if you couldn't visit the Seven original islands, you were, as this map shows, literally right next to them. I was surprised they didn't just decide to let you visit the rest in that case.
    Last edited by EmpoleonProd; 15th June 2014 at 01:04 PM.
    Current FireRed Team:

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire coming out on my birthday! Woohoo!

My thoughts on this:

No.

The only Sevii Island things that should reappear is Birth Island (Deoxys event anyone?)
    #yadon
    Formerly Kyain

Quote Originally Posted by SeanWheeler View Post
    I do get why you're tired of the birds.
    Because they are available in a fair few of the games, (2 sets in Gen 4) and we literally just had them available to us in Xy. Some people have more of a preference to diversity when it comes to distributing pokemon through out a generation.

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

We don't need Lugia in this game, and there's a Space Center for heaven's sake - Deoxys can appear in an event related to the Space Center instead of some random island that appeared in one game where most players didn't even know of the event at that time.

Sevii does not need to appear in ORAS for any reason. Hoenn has all the resources available so no thank you. Sevii can come back for another Kanto game.

Quote Originally Posted by Yato View Post
    Deoxys can appear in an event related to the Space Center instead of some random island that appeared in one game where most players didn't even know of the event at that time.
    They didn't know about the event? Then they probably didn't know about Deoxys, either. Using your logic, it shouldn't be brought back at all due to some people's ignorance. And why should it have an event related to the Space Center? Its meteor landed on Earth, presumably on Birth Island.

Hoenn has all the resources available so no thank you.
    Not really. It didn't have anywhere near the amount of Pokémon available in XY, and there are only so many Pokémon that can be added to a region which originally lacked them. And looking at the Hoenn map, I highly doubt that there are many new locations. Two of the clouds merely obscure the Sky Pillar and Battle Frontier.

Not that I would put anything past Game Freak. They could use gimmicky methods to condense a lot of Pokémon into Hoenn, but it would no doubt result in those Pokémon being hard to obtain. I'm just surprised that some people are in favor of that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    They didn't know about the event? Then they probably didn't know about Deoxys, either. Using your logic, it shouldn't be brought back at all due to some people's ignorance. And why should it have an event related to the Space Center? Its meteor landed on Earth, presumably on Birth Island.

Hoenn has all the resources available so no thank you.
    Not really. It didn't have anywhere near the amount of Pokémon available in XY, and there are only so many Pokémon that can be added to a region which originally lacked them. And looking at the Hoenn map, I highly doubt that there are many new locations. Two of the clouds merely obscure the Sky Pillar and Battle Frontier.

Not that I would put anything past Game Freak. They could use gimmicky methods to condense a lot of Pokémon into Hoenn, but it would no doubt result in those Pokémon being hard to obtain. I'm just surprised that some people are in favor of that happening.
    There are plenty of ways to make more Pokémon appear on the existing routes, especially if the Hoenn Dex gets expanded from the get-go. For instance, take routes like the Eastern sea routes that used to only have Wingull, Pelipper, and Tentacool available by surfing at any of them (or for that matter, the seabed Pokémon that were identical no matter which route you were diving on). Those sorts of routes could easily have their Pokémon availability diversified. I loved how in Black 2 and Y I could legitimately not know what sort of Pokémon I'd encounter when venturing onto a new route, thanks to the level of diversity in almost every location. And I'd much prefer the Pokédex be expanded in that way rather than by cordoning off all the non-Hoenn Pokémon on separate islands. The Sevii Islands were refreshing in FRLG when they provided much more diversity than the comparatively dull Kanto region, but in the new games they'd just serve as a less integrated experience than the verdant Hoenn region itself.

especially if the Hoenn Dex gets expanded from the get-go.
    Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    especially if the Hoenn Dex gets expanded from the get-go.
    Good luck with that.
    I don't think it's all that unlikely. The past few games have had massive regional dexes, and there are plenty of non-Hoenn Pokémon that would fit well in Hoenn (like Houndoom, which was used heavily by Team Magma in almost every medium EXCEPT the games, or Gastrodon, which was originally designed in Gen III). Add in Gen IV expansions to Hoenn evolutionary families like Gallade, Froslass or Dusknoir (which would greatly improve the teams of trainers like the Elite Four) and I think you could easily boost the number of native Hoenn Pokémon by at least 50. Whether Game Freak will want to do that is another matter (especially since these games, like past remakes, seem to be hewing close to the originals), but anything's possible.

I'm just saying I'd certainly prefer that means of increasing the number of available Pokémon to tacking on an unconnected region that probably wouldn't be accessible until the post-game even if it WERE included, and would probably be less interesting than Hoenn itself to boot.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast