The Hoenn Region - Page 5
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hoenn Region

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Hoenn Region

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Back on topic, I'm really curious about the screenshots in CoroCoro, I don't recognize any of those locations. Either those are new areas or there really are drastic changes to the Hoenn region. Does anyone remember an area like the one that shows Brendan talking to Steven? Because I sure don't.
    It looks like the route with all of the Kecleon on it. That area has a lot of water on it so I wouldn't be surprised if that is where it is.

The Acro Bike screen looks like an area near the Weather Center.

The screen of Brendan and May looks like it may be their first battle on Route 103.

YouTube|Breeding Service
    Pokemon FireRed Let's Play with episodes released every weekday at the Youtube link

Going to the Ceremony Ivysaur's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Not sure if it's a good or bad thing I can't recognize the locations either. I'm really not a fan of the XY overworld graphical style, and my one hope here is that GameFreak manages to recapture the feel of Hoenn with the new graphics, particularly the colors (where the GBA SP really shined, while XY felt dull and washed out).
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

Registered User Fairy Type Arceus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TerraTF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanWheeler View Post
    The Pokédex that I feel should be updated is the Sinnoh Dex in the Diamond and Pearl remakes. Why? Because even with the Platinum expansion, it's still missing some Sinnoh Pokémon, which doesn't make sense. They just need to add a few more legendaries after Giratina. 211 Heatran, 212 Regirock, 213 Regice, 214 Registeel, 215 Regigigas, 216 Cresselia, 217 Phione, 218 Darkrai, 219 Shaymin, 220 Arceus.
    I don't think this is a big deal, all of those Pokemon are post game anyway. Also, you forgot Manaphy so your numbers are off.
    Manaphy is already in the Platinum dex.
    Oh right. XD

I think they should go through and renumber the Sinnoh Dex so the new Pokemon are mixed in like they usually are now instead of tacked on at the end.

Back on topic, I'm really curious about the screenshots in CoroCoro, I don't recognize any of those locations. Either those are new areas or there really are drastic changes to the Hoenn region. Does anyone remember an area like the one that shows Brendan talking to Steven? Because I sure don't.
    It could be outside meteor falls

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It looks like the route with all of the Kecleon on it. That area has a lot of water on it so I wouldn't be surprised if that is where it is.
    Which one, Rt. 119 or Rt. 120? I don't think it looks much like either, unless there was a major change in layout or aesthetics. I'm drawing a blank trying to remember any kind of grassy area with a river running through it and a cliff with a waterfall running down it.

I didn't even notice that was depicting an Acro Bike rail. Yeah, that's probably Rt. 119, there's no other area like that.

The screen of Brendan and May looks like it may be their first battle on Route 103.
    I guess, but I don't remember Rt. 103 being so foresty.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy Type Arceus View Post
    Unless Meteor Falls has a new outdoor section, I doubt it. Rt. 114 is somewhat of a dry environment, it wouldn't look that green. And it's probably not Rt. 115 since that's an optional area and probably wouldn't have a Steven encounter.

Registered User Fairy Type Arceus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Which one, Rt. 119 or Rt. 120? I don't think it looks much like either, unless there was a major change in layout or aesthetics. I'm drawing a blank trying to remember any kind of grassy area with a river running through it and a cliff with a waterfall running down it.

I didn't even notice that was depicting an Acro Bike rail. Yeah, that's probably Rt. 119, there's no other area like that.

I guess, but I don't remember Rt. 103 being so foresty.

Unless Meteor Falls has a new outdoor section, I doubt it. Rt. 114 is somewhat of a dry environment, it wouldn't look that green. And it's probably not Rt. 115 since that's an optional area and probably wouldn't have a Steven encounter.
    well it was hard to tell what it looked like due to the gbas limits, we've still yet to see this volcano that is supposed to be on cinnebar. ALso there was this one area outside metor falls that had a waterfall it was near this guy who gave you the tm for roar

edit:
    103 looks very foresty:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

ALso there was this one area outside metor falls that had a waterfall it was near this guy who gave you the tm for roar
    That part of the route was very arid, though, it doesn't match this screenshot which is green and slightly flowery.

edit:
    103 looks very foresty:

Eh, not really. The trees are mainly there as a border (the go to for an area border in pre-6th gen), the environment seems somewhat grassy, but I wouldn't really call it foresty, especially with that lake in the middle.

A Trainer & Coordinator! TrainerSplash's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

why are we only talking about landscapes? When was the only topic of this thread? .-.

Current icon's source: http://pokescans.tumblr.com/page/35

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That part of the route was very arid, though, it doesn't match this screenshot which is green and slightly flowery.
    We actually only saw Steven in the cave in Dewford, the area after we use Surf on our way to Fortree, the area where he gives us the item to let us see Kecleon, Mossdeep Space Center, after Groudon/Kyogre is awakened, and in Sootopolis. The only time we saw him near Meteor Falls is the battle with him in Emerald.

YouTube|Breeding Service
    Pokemon FireRed Let's Play with episodes released every weekday at the Youtube link

Going to the Ceremony Ivysaur's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TrainerSplash View Post
    why are we only talking about landscapes? When was the only topic of this thread? .-.
    As a general rule of thumb, feel free to bring up something else that falls under the same umbrella of topics that a thread title covers, if that's what you wish to talk about.
    Last edited by Ivysaur; 8th June 2014 at 09:12 PM.
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We actually only saw Steven in the cave in Dewford, the area after we use Surf on our way to Fortree, the area where he gives us the item to let us see Kecleon, Mossdeep Space Center, after Groudon/Kyogre is awakened, and in Sootopolis. The only time we saw him near Meteor Falls is the battle with him in Emerald.
    Well considering his expanded role in this game, he might show up a bit more throughout the game. If he's giving us the Mega Bangle, it'll probably be some time in between when we first meet him in Dewford Cave and when we see him on Rt. 118, so maybe he'll show up sometime around the 3rd or 4th gym to teach us how to use Mega Evolution.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well considering his expanded role in this game, he might show up a bit more throughout the game. If he's giving us the Mega Bangle, it'll probably be some time in between when we first meet him in Dewford Cave and when we see him on Rt. 118, so maybe he'll show up sometime around the 3rd or 4th gym to teach us how to use Mega Evolution.
    I'd find it reasonable for him to give us the Mega Bangle in the Surf route between Mauville and Fortree. Seems like a nice time in the plot. Not too early, not too late. Team in early to mid 30s. Starter evolving to the final evolution.

YouTube|Breeding Service

Post Thanks / Like

I think the image of Brendan and May looking towards the forest of trees is on Route 119 just outside Fortree where your rival gives you Fly.

Simpler times ahead
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by P0kelegend View Post
    I think the image of Brendan and May looking towards the forest of trees is on Route 119 just outside Fortree where your rival gives you Fly.
    I would assume so, considering how the route 119 Acro Bike path is showed under it.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'd find it reasonable for him to give us the Mega Bangle in the Surf route between Mauville and Fortree. Seems like a nice time in the plot. Not too early, not too late. Team in early to mid 30s. Starter evolving to the final evolution.
    Eh, it's possible, but compared to XY, that's a little late. Remember that in XY we could Mega Evolve just after the 3rd gym, that'd be roughly analogous to sometime in between Mauville and Lavaridge in ORAS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Or that picture of Brendan are them walking together on a Friday. I'd like to have my predictions come true!

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast