Quote Originally Posted by TrainerSplash View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TrainerSplash View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraTF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TerraTF View Post
    -Rusturf Tunnel to utilize Defog.
    I swear to God, if I ever see Defog back as a field move, I'm leaving this series.
    Defog is like Flash, you don't need it. I made it through the Defog routes in DPPt just fine without it. Its annoying yes, but I'd still like to see it as at least a TM field move like Flash or Dig.
    No, you're not understanding. I don't want to see Defog back because I don't think fog should come back at all. Adding an obstacle that nerfs your team's accuracy in every single battle on the route is one of the dumbest additions to the Pokemon series ever.
    It is annoying, but Flash basically did the same thing lowered accuracy. Then again it only lowered one pokemon's accuracy.
    Not quite. Flash was a move that lowered accuracy that made it easier to see in dark caves in the overworld. Defog lowers evasion as a move (among other things) in battle and clears fog in the overworld.

Fog, the overworld/in battle weather condition is what lowers accuracy during the entire battle if not cleared. It is annoying for basically dragging battles on due to making your moves miss too much as well as serving almost no benefit in battle.
    You pretty much just explained what I said in a much more detailed way, but it's probably how I worded my sentence. I apologize if it was confusing XP
    Oh, really? You kind of made it seem like you were talking about Defog, not Fog.

Blog Entries

Follow TheCapsFan on Tumblr

Default Re: The Hoenn Region

Guys, this is a discussion about the Hoenn region, not an argument on how fucked up Defog and Flash are...

Getting back on topic...

I agree with most of the stuff said above, most personally with the Fortree City idea. I'd also like to see the Space Center get a little upgrade. It felt more like a research facility rather than a place where you would launch rockets. There's probably more things, but since I'm really stupid and I can't remember everything at this specific moment, I have nothing else. I'll add things later.

Blog Entries

I was just talking with someone on Serebii about what they'd do with Victory Road, and this person suggested a redesign. I actually think this would be something they might do considering that several of the recent Victory Roads (BW2 and XY most notably) play to the "Road" part of Victory Road by making it a long path that weaves through different environments as opposed to another generic cave. Since Evergrande Island is a very grassy, flowery area, the new outdoor section would probably also be grassy and flowery, maybe somewhat mountainous with a river running through it (which could then serve as a replacement for B2F in the original, which also had a river section). Probably along the lines of the first outdoor section in BW2's Victory Road.

They'll probably also feature a different distribution of Pokemon for this section as well. Instead of having regular cave Pokemon, they'll probably have stuff like Roselia, Gloom, Altaria, Nuzleaf/Lombre, Azumarill, Swellow, maybe even Zangoose/Seviper.
    I was thinking maybe if its Evergrande City, the Victory Road could be a main path that weaves through a dense, good sized city, weaving in between alley ways and what not.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Blog Entries

Since Evergrande Island is a very grassy, flowery area, the new outdoor section would probably also be grassy and flowery, maybe somewhat mountainous with a river running through it (which could then serve as a replacement for B2F in the original, which also had a river section).
    Not to mention that we visit a very small part of the visible island. I mean, it looks A LOT bigger on the Hoenn map, but we just visit this small area. So, yeah, they could definitely extend the Victory Road and add some more accessible places around Ever grande.
    Last edited by Phoenixon; 16th May 2014 at 06:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    This is completely beside the point, but I get a warm, fuzzy and vaguely manic feeling when I see all these posts from other forums on here and realize the pokemon fandom is incredibly interconnected. We're all here and there and over there....it's cool in a sort of, "Oh God, I don't know why I'm laughing!" way.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixon View Post
    Since Evergrande Island is a very grassy, flowery area, the new outdoor section would probably also be grassy and flowery, maybe somewhat mountainous with a river running through it (which could then serve as a replacement for B2F in the original, which also had a river section).
    Not to mention that we visit a very small part of the visible island. I mean, it looks A LOT bigger on the Hoenn map, but we just visit this small area. So, yeah, they could definitely extend the Victory Road and add some more accessible places around Ever grande.
    Well, the southeast part of the island is inaccessible, but that's too far out of the way to be part of Victory Road. It's probably going to be a new route.

So, as I'm sure you all know, the town map layout/design/look has changed considerably since Hoenn. Starting in Gen V, and continuing on into Gen VI, it has been made more as thin lines representing routes, with little dots representing each city. Back in Gen III it was made up of larger lines and more blocky and different sized city markers. It was better like that, IMO.
    But my question is, what's the NEW Hoenn map going to look like? Is it going to fit the the new style, or follow a design more similar to the original?

I'm sure transitioning to 3D will help open up Hoenn.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ellron View Post
    So, as I'm sure you all know, the town map layout/design/look has changed considerably since Hoenn. Starting in Gen V, and continuing on into Gen VI, it has been made more as thin lines representing routes, with little dots representing each city. Back in Gen III it was made up of larger lines and more blocky and different sized city markers. It was better like that, IMO.
    But my question is, what's the NEW Hoenn map going to look like? Is it going to fit the the new style, or follow a design more similar to the original?
    It's probably going to be closer to the new style, they probably want the map to look more accurate and realistic now.

They seriously need to remove alot of the water, i know alot of people have been complaining about the water routes for years but just recently i noticed how big they are, it pretty much forced me to buy a load of repels (oh the dread when you use your last repel...), seriously i like Team Magma much more than Aqua because i want them to win so they can get rid of the water.

Claimer of Garchomp and Steam Eruption

3DS 4682-9334-0694

Registered User Fairy Type Arceus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
    They seriously need to remove alot of the water, i know alot of people have been complaining about the water routes for years but just recently i noticed how big they are, it pretty much forced me to buy a load of repels (oh the dread when you use your last repel...), seriously i like Team Magma much more than Aqua because i want them to win so they can get rid of the water.
    a load? It only took me 5 max repels between liliycove to mosdeep and from mosdeep to stoopolis and from stoopolis to pafilog. It was 3/4 water routes depending on version ( r/s or E) and you didn't even encounter a mandadory one until the 6th gym badge.

you'll need 10 max in the main story line if you stay on track.

the water routes don't need to be removed but maybe a second option for those who don't want to take em.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy Type Arceus View Post
    a load? It only took me 5 max repels between liliycove to mosdeep and from mosdeep to stoopolis and from stoopolis to pafilog. It was 3/4 water routes depending on version ( r/s or E) and you didn't even encounter a mandadory one until the 6th gym badge.

the water routes don't need to be removed but maybe a second option for those who don't want to take em.
    It still has way too much water when compared to the other regions, i spent over 40 max repels during the main story and that's not counting with all the other repels i used when not in the main story, they seriously need to reduce the water in those routes. You are also forgetting the Abandoned Ship route wich has really way too much water.

3DS 4682-9334-0694

Registered User Fairy Type Arceus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It still has way too much water when compared to the other regions, i spent over 40 max repels during the main story and that's not counting with all the other repels i used when not in the main story, they seriously need to reduce the water in those routes. You are also forgetting the Abandoned Ship route wich has really way too much water.
    That's what makes hoenn unique you land lubber :p it would take away from the groudon/kyogre conflict which is land vs water hoenn is half land half water which is represented by the version mascots. Not mandadory either but once again that route + the regis ( route 134?) 10 max repels if you know where to go. The water made heonn feel bigger and more differnt from other regions the water is apart of hoenn's ID if anything the water routes should stay but make more worth while pokemon to catach while surfing.

I mean wind waker had annoying water routes which dragged on for 75 % of the game ( and it was like 85 % water too) but it was part of wind waker so they kept it they just made it easier to transverse the water. game freak cannot get rid of the water routes ( and if they did hoenn wouldn't feel right) instead they can make a second option maybe mr briny can take you everywhere on his boat feels like a cop out but it works

That's what makes hoenn unique you land lubber :p it would take away from the groudon/kyogre conflict which is land vs water hoenn is half land half water which is represented by the version mascots. Not mandadory either but once again that route + the regis ( route 134?) 10 max repels if you know where to go. The water made heonn feel bigger and more differnt from other regions the water is apart of hoenn's ID if anything the water routes should stay but make more worth while pokemon to catach while surfing.

I mean wind waker had annoying water routes which dragged on for 75 % of the game ( and it was like 85 % water too) but it was part of wind waker so they kept it they just made it easier to transverse the water. game freak cannot get rid of the water routes ( and if they did hoenn wouldn't feel right) instead they can make a second option maybe mr briny can take you everywhere on his boat feels like a cop out but it works
    I don't want the water routes to be removed, i want less water on those routes, they could add alot of shallow areas on those routes so that you don't need to constantly Surf to get through them, it gets tedious and boring in those routes really fast because of the constant need to use Surf and repels to get through them.

3DS 4682-9334-0694

Pokémon Truth Tea Pourer BlackButterfree's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow BlackButterfree On Twitter Add BlackButterfree on Facebook Add BlackButterfree on MySpace
    Follow BlackButterfree on Tumblr Visit BlackButterfree's Youtube Channel

I agree, add more sandbars in the Sea routes. We have lakes, ponds and such in the land. But I've always liked that the Hoenn region is just one massive yin-yang symbol of land and water. It's very cool. I definitely want Sootopolis remade, and the Space Center needs to be able to launch you into space to catch Jirachi and Deoxys. Or at the very least, have a reference to that rumor like the FR/LG Lava Cookie truck (which was a reference to the Mew truck rumor).

I guess my main thing would be to make Feebas FAR MORE easier to catch. I've played every generation since the beginning and I never found/caught a wild Feebas until last year in BW2...

Quote Originally Posted by BlackButterfree View Post
    I agree, add more sandbars in the Sea routes. We have lakes, ponds and such in the land. But I've always liked that the Hoenn region is just one massive yin-yang symbol of land and water. It's very cool. I definitely want Sootopolis remade, and the Space Center needs to be able to launch you into space to catch Jirachi and Deoxys. Or at the very least, have a reference to that rumor like the FR/LG Lava Cookie truck (which was a reference to the Mew truck rumor).

I guess my main thing would be to make Feebas FAR MORE easier to catch. I've played every generation since the beginning and I never found/caught a wild Feebas until last year in BW2...
    Ha, I was playing through Sapphire last year and decided to have a Feebas on my team. I told myself I wouldn't leave until I found one, and guess what? I found one on the third or fourth water tile I fished in :P Lucky me xD

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast