Events in the Remakes - Page 3

View Poll Results: How should ORAS event Pokémon work?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just give us the event Pokémon directly

0 0%
  • Go back to the old way; let us catch them ourselves

12 100.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Events in the Remakes

Þæ åsåmste mæn ån þæ sæit Battaman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Events in the Remakes

Hope they make triggered events free downloadable DLC, that either stay in the eShop forever or at least on my system for as long as it lasts. I'm fine with giveaway Pokémon though.

FC: 2766-8797-7935 Known as Bent in game
    Due to reaching 90 friends om my 3DS, I will not add anyone anymore random people, I'm sorry, don't take it personally.

I prefer in-game events but they seem to prefer distributions nowadays.

But if we DO get an event, I want to see an in-game Deoxys and Jirachi events - or even a Manaphy, since hoenn's waters are suitable for Manaphy to thrive.

Registered User Fairy Type Arceus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you guys want on game events for shiny mews or whatever forget it. It seems anything in the over world is shiny locked example the snorlax on the bridge

needs a new avatar Shiny Staraptor's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Events in ORAS - how do you want them to work?

While I never got to play Ruby and Sapphire, I have a copy of Emerald and liked the fact that it has numerous event locations where Pokémon such as Mew and Deoxys were available. In Platinum too, I loved being able to go to Newmoon Island and actually catch Darkrai rather than having it handed to you in a Cherish Ball.
    That now seems to be how events work - the delivery man giving you the Pokémon itself rather than any event item allowing you to catch it. I preferred the old method since it felt more rewarding to actually go and catch the Pokémon yourself. It also feels like more of an adventure to go to interesting event locations that you couldn't normally visit.

Seeing as these are remakes... do you want places like Navel Rock to come back, or just get the Pokémon from the event?
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoflare
    star i have your eevee
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Yagami
    IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN, COME TO ... AVENUE
    Y Friend Code: 2578-3150-3027

Blog Entries

Default Re: Events in ORAS - how do you want them to work?

THIS. I always wished I could've done one of those item-related events. Never have taken part in one, and all my events came by mailman. I want a true special "event", not a random delivery guy!
    3DS Friend Code: 3136-7234-1327 IGN: Black

It was just a normal day on May 7th, 2014... then everything changed.

Blog Entries

If there are Event Pokemon in ORAS, I want to be able to catch them. I'm not necessarily tired of just being handed Pokemon, but I am more tired of not being able to nickname them. Perhaps my thoughts would be different if I could nickname gift Pokemon, but, in thinking about it, I really do enjoy catching Legendaries and I don't like that they've gone away from that in favor of just having a random delivery person just casually handing you a Legendary Pokemon. So, if we get any events, can we just please catch them? Or at least be allowed to nickname them?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    If there are Event Pokemon in ORAS, I want to be able to catch them. I'm not necessarily tired of just being handed Pokemon, but I am more tired of not being able to nickname them. Perhaps my thoughts would be different if I could nickname gift Pokemon, but, in thinking about it, I really do enjoy catching Legendaries and I don't like that they've gone away from that in favor of just having a random delivery person just casually handing you a Legendary Pokemon. So, if we get any events, can we just please catch them? Or at least be allowed to nickname them?
    I'd forgotten all about that, actually, I had enjoyed being able to nickname event Pokémon. On the other hand though I remember being able to nickname some of the ones that just get handed to you too.
    star i have your eevee

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Staraptor View Post
    I'd forgotten all about that, actually, I had enjoyed being able to nickname event Pokémon. On the other hand though I remember being able to nickname some of the ones that just get handed to you too.
    The only Legendary Pokemon that gets handed to you that you can nickname that I know of is the PokeBank Celebi. All of the other ones have different OTs. I personally never understood that in the first place. I'm getting handed a Pokemon that didn't even belong to another trainer, so why can I not nickname it?

Going to the Ceremony Ivysaur's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Catching them is fun. DPPt did it right, foreshadowing the events in-game and then releasing them after.

3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ivysaur View Post
    I think that might be part of the reason why they just give you the Pokemon now. That, and they probably want to discourage hacking.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    I'm getting handed a Pokemon that didn't even belong to another trainer, so why can I not nickname it?
    I don't think it's intentional that you can't nickname them, but that it's a side effect of them having a different OT that Gamefreak never really took into account during development. Still, they should have some sort of list of OTs that you can change nicknames for.
    star i have your eevee

Going to the Ceremony Ivysaur's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I think that might be part of the reason why they just give you the Pokemon now. That, and they probably want to discourage hacking.
    DLC allows for events to be added after development though, so while it was an issue back then it shouldn't be a problem now.
    3DS FC: 1203-9389-8130

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Staraptor View Post
    I don't think it's intentional that you can't nickname them, but that it's a side effect of them having a different OT that Gamefreak never really took into account during development. Still, they should have some sort of list of OTs that you can change nicknames for.
    It is understandable, but I don't see why they couldn't let the Pokemon get our OT when we get it. Honestly, what kind of OT is Toys R Us that prevents me from being able to nickname my Pokemon? I'd like that if they have to just give us the Pokemon, they do allow us to change the name for those Pokemon. But, overall, I would like to just go back to catching them. It would just be easier.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ivysaur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    DLC allows for events to be added after development though, so while it was an issue back then it shouldn't be a problem now.
    True, but we still don't know to what degree Game Freak is using DLC this generation, so they may not consider it to be a good solution.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123