Delta Emerald Trademarked - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Delta Emerald Trademarked

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Delta Emerald Trademarked

@Ice Ricky;

I'm unsure on trademarking, my question was a genuine question not a rhetorical point.
    It makes sense that they can't release Pokemon KingdomHearts as Kingdom Hearts is trademarked, so ok if someone else wanted DeltaEmerald that might cause problems for a game called Pokemon DeltaEmerald. I remember when I suggested the GS remake would be SunGold and MoonSilver someone pointed out that Golden Sun was another trademark so might not happen/ unlikely.

Why they did they trademark the names Pokemon Purple, Pokemon Brown etc, you can't trademark just the name of a colour can you, ie no one could trademark the word purple preventing a Nintendo Purple.

Imma drink my tears & cry Fairy Ice Ricky's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Fairy Ice Ricky On Twitter
    Follow Fairy Ice Ricky on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Oras View Post
    Why they did they trademark the names Pokemon Purple, Pokemon Brown etc, you can't trademark just the name of a colour can you, ie no one could trademark the word purple preventing a Nintendo Purple.
    My understanding is that those trademarks were done with the Pokémon name before it, unlike the trademark for Delta Emerald--so basically the full "Pokémon Purple" was trademarked, not just "Purple". It's harder to trademark more common words/phrases (but not impossible--see Paris Hilton's "That's hot!"), so Ninty & co. probably took the safer route with those trademarks. Delta Emerald, on the other hand, is a much less common phrase (assuming it's even been used at all prior to this), so it's easier to just trademark that part and combine it with the Pokémon trademark.

3DS Friend Code: 5086-1398-3204 ▪|▪ 3DS/Pokémon X Name: Ricky
    Friend Safari: Steel - Klefki, Ferroseed, Forretress
    Claims: Lucario & Lucarionite ▪|▪ Teravolt ▪|▪ Fusion Bolt ▪|▪ Red Orb ▪|▪ Boutique [Pokémon X/Y]

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

On the trademark thing...I recall that the creators of Candy Crush Saga tried to trademark the terms "candy", "crush", and "saga" separately to keep them from being used in any other mobile apps. People can't use the term "Pokemon" but if someone else manages to use "Delta Emerald" as the title for a game, then Nintendo and Game Freak can't.

You're in lots of trouble lovandra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lovandra View Post
    Delta do have 2 different signs in greek symbols!!!*
    You act like Delta is special in this regard. Its a letter in the alphabet--they all have two symbols.
    False alarm....

My bad... *whoooppsss*

I really have no idea all greek have 2 differents letters. #welearnnewthingseveryday

Then I'm buying the changing's theory.

Crazy Automaton Lady Silverwynde's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    Trademarks are a fickle mistress (as Hasbro knows all too well from their struggles in Transformers trademarks), and it's best to grab trademarks that could be associated with your products before someone else does (either to squat on it or use it to create a confusingly similar product). Almost certainly doesn't actually mean anything.
    This. I mean, Swoop isn't Swoop anymore as Hasbro lost that name, it seems. So rather than having to deal with something like that, GF is trademarking this to stop trouble in its tracks.

On one hand it does suck, though. I'd get behind an Emerald remake.

I ♥ my female Bisharp.
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.

Blog Entries
    Follow Jolty94 On Twitter Add Jolty94 on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by TerraTF View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolty94 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitzman! View Post
    I would assume Delta Rayquaza(man does that roll off the tongue) would have the head fins combine to create 2 giant Δ and then have the circles replaced with em. Anyway, yeah Delta Emerald is probably trademarked cause its likely gonna be an all new "Green Orb" sort of thing, that needs to have its name trademarked.
    Even so, we were given the Jade Orb (Verdant Orb) in HGSS after showing Prof. Oak a Kyogre from HG and a Groudon from SS, it allowed us to summon Rayquaza in the Embedded Tower. Even if this game were to happen, there would be no reason for a "Green Orb" whatsoever unless they were to change the name to that, to coincide fully with the Blue and Red orbs.
    Why would we need an Orb to summon Raquaza? Raquaza is automatically summoned during the Groudon and Kyogre fight. I assume that Raquaza just remains to keep the balance in case the situation happens again.
    I wasn't saying we would need one even so if any case. I'm saying in reference to what Mitzman said about a 'Green orb', we wouldn't need one as there is the Jade orb connected to Rayquaza already and we don't know if it will return in ORAS any way, let alone a third game, which I doubt will happen.
    N is finished yet.

Blog Entries

I would assume Delta Rayquaza(man does that roll off the tongue) would have the head fins combine to create 2 giant Δ and then have the circles replaced with em. Anyway, yeah Delta Emerald is probably trademarked cause its likely gonna be an all new "Green Orb" sort of thing, that needs to have its name trademarked.
    Even so, we were given the Jade Orb (Verdant Orb) in HGSS after showing Prof. Oak a Kyogre from HG and a Groudon from SS, it allowed us to summon Rayquaza in the Embedded Tower. Even if this game were to happen, there would be no reason for a "Green Orb" whatsoever unless they were to change the name to that, to coincide fully with the Blue and Red orbs.
    Why would we need an Orb to summon Raquaza? Raquaza is automatically summoned during the Groudon and Kyogre fight. I assume that Raquaza just remains to keep the balance in case the situation happens again.
    I wasn't saying we would need one even so if any case. I'm saying in reference to what Mitzman said about a 'Green orb', we wouldn't need one as there is the Jade orb connected to Rayquaza already and we don't know if it will return in ORAS any way, let alone a third game, which I doubt will happen.
    We don't need an orb period. The summoning of Groudon and Kyogre is the "orb" for Rayquaza.

YouTube|Breeding Service
    Pokemon FireRed Let's Play with episodes released every weekday at the Youtube link

Blog Entries
    Follow Jolty94 On Twitter Add Jolty94 on Facebook

We don't need an orb period. The summoning of Groudon and Kyogre is the "orb" for Rayquaza.
    I KNOW that we won't need an orb, period. I'm saying to this guy, that even if we WERE to ever need one by any other circumstance, the Jade orb is there and they wouldn't scrap it, if it was needed.
    N is finished yet.

Blog Entries

What do you mean? In Emerald, you clearly had to go get Rayquaza. It's not like he automatically showed up on his own when Groudon and Kyogre started fighting~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post

What do you mean? In Emerald, you clearly had to go get Rayquaza. It's not like he automatically showed up on his own when Groudon and Kyogre started fighting~
    You have to go to Spear Pillar, where Raquaza rarely is, and not the Ozone layer, which is where Raquaza is all the time. Ergo, Groudon and Kyogre summon Raquaza.

YouTube|Breeding Service
    Pokemon FireRed Let's Play with episodes released every weekday at the Youtube link

You have to go to Spear Pillar, where Raquaza rarely is, and not the Ozone layer, which is where Raquaza is all the time. Ergo, Groudon and Kyogre summon Raquaza.
    But if that had been the case, Rayquaza would have just flown to Sootopolis City to begin with. That's actually what I think it should do in ORAS, since there was no reason for having to give it a wake up call in Emerald. It was a contrived way to extend the plot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    But if that had been the case, Rayquaza would have just flown to Sootopolis City to begin with. That's actually what I think it should do in ORAS, since there was no reason for having to give it a wake up call in Emerald. It was a contrived way to extend the plot.
    So basically what it did in RS. Like I said in each of my past posts.

YouTube|Breeding Service

You're in lots of trouble lovandra's Avatar

'Jade orb'/'green orb'/'Ergo'??

Just try to be neutral... maybe you just using different name *I know there are different name at different country' to indicated same things.

You know... localize problem. I really forget the orb name, or if they needed or not to summon rayquaza since I've never touched my emerald since looonngg time agoo. And confused it too many other pokemon series now. That one reason that make me excited about ORAS, since I kinda 'forget' emerald gameplay and play it will feel like I play new game.

Blog Entries

Just try to be neutral... maybe you just using different name *I know there are different name at different country' to indicated same things.

You know... localize problem. I really forget the orb name, or if they needed or not to summon rayquaza since I've never touched my emerald since looonngg time agoo. And confused it too many other pokemon series now. That one reason that make me excited about ORAS, since I kinda 'forget' emerald gameplay and play it will feel like I play new game.
    Jade Orb is the name of the orb in HGSS, Green Orb would be the name if they included it in ORAS to match the Red and Blue Orb, and Ergo means therefore.

YouTube|Breeding Service

Blog Entries

Jade Orb is the name of the orb in HGSS, Green Orb would be the name if they included it in ORAS to match the Red and Blue Orb, and Ergo means therefore.
    Why, exactly, would the Jade Orb be renamed?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast