CoroCoro Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 1400

Thread: CoroCoro Thread

  1. #16

    Default Re: CoroCoro Thread

    That depends if Nintendo had really planned to announce the games yesterday. It almost seems like they announced it just to give people something to talk about instead of focusing on the fiscal year thingy. If they planned to announce it yesterday in advance, then it is possible that the CoroCoro will have news about the remakes, otherwise I think we have to wait at least one month to know more about them. Unlike the X/Y scenario, this time they have only six months to reveal stuff about the games, so we might get news more frequently, I guess. IF there is news in this month's CoroCoro, I am hopping for:

    - Confirmation (or de-confirmation) of Hoenn
    - Confirmation (or de-confirmation) of character customization
    - New artwork for the starters
    - New artwork for May and Brendan (or any other main character that might replace them), regardless of character customization being a thing again
    - Screen shots of some memorable locations

  2. #17
    acualy iz dolan Phoenixon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Transcending Limits
    Posts
    604
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: CoroCoro Thread

    So, I think we'll get quite a bit from CoroCoro (expanding on what @Reila; said):

    -Are those Groudon/Kyogre Mega Evos on the box art? Or new forms? Or just cool artwork for no reason?
    -If they are, possible new typings...
    -Sequels or remakes (Serebii has confirmed they're remakes, but I still can't be sure...)
    -A few in-game screenshots
    -New Gen III artwork....
    --Including, the Hoenn map (IIRC, The Kanto/Johto map was remade for HG/SS)
    --The starters
    --The trainers (May/Brendan or new ones.)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    This is completely beside the point, but I get a warm, fuzzy and vaguely manic feeling when I see all these posts from other forums on here and realize the pokemon fandom is incredibly interconnected. We're all here and there and over there....it's cool in a sort of, "Oh God, I don't know why I'm laughing!" way.

  3. #18
    Simpler times ahead Mitchman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,807
    Blog Entries
    166

    Default Re: CoroCoro Thread

    Trainers are a lock, what with footage this Sunday. I guess new art for the starters, maybe Hoenn?
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

    I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

  4. #19
    Pokémon Truth Tea Pourer BlackButterfree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    1,282
    Blog Entries
    6
    Follow BlackButterfree On Twitter Add BlackButterfree on Facebook Add BlackButterfree on MySpace
    Follow BlackButterfree on Tumblr Visit BlackButterfree's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: CoroCoro Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    - Art of the protagonists, May & Brendan.
    What if they pull a HG/SS and replace one or the other (AKA Lyra)? :'(

  5. #20
    Registered User Oshakpop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    346

    Default Re: CoroCoro Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackButterfree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    - Art of the protagonists, May & Brendan.
    What if they pull a HG/SS and replace one or the other (AKA Lyra)? :'(
    Personally, I don't think that'll happen. Both May and Brendan were apart of all three games, Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. May was a prominent character in the anime. They appear as rivals in all three games aswell. Kris was apart of one game as a playable character with no other ties the series (up until HGSS in which she appeared in the anime but at that point she was already replaced).

    If any of them was to be replaced though, I'd say Brendan, but I highly doubt it'll happen anyway.

    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM | ALSO KNOWN AS S2DAAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

  6. #21
    The love of my life Kyriaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    7,596
    Blog Entries
    422

    Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

    Default Re: CoroCoro Thread

    I expect protagonist pics, starter pics, the pokemon prof, and a few town/city pics.

    Maybe the rival as well.

  7. #22
    Pokémon Truth Tea Pourer BlackButterfree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    1,282
    Blog Entries
    6
    Follow BlackButterfree On Twitter Add BlackButterfree on Facebook Add BlackButterfree on MySpace
    Follow BlackButterfree on Tumblr Visit BlackButterfree's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: CoroCoro Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackButterfree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by s2daam View Post
    - Art of the protagonists, May & Brendan.
    What if they pull a HG/SS and replace one or the other (AKA Lyra)? :'(
    Personally, I don't think that'll happen. Both May and Brendan were apart of all three games, Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. May was a prominent character in the anime. They appear as rivals in all three games aswell. Kris was apart of one game as a playable character with no other ties the series (up until HGSS in which she appeared in the anime but at that point she was already replaced).

    If any of them was to be replaced though, I'd say Brendan, but I highly doubt it'll happen anyway.
    At the very least, I hope Brendan's makeover finally lets us see his black hair, or turns his hair white. I was too stupid to ever realize it was a white hat. OOH! And we better be able to dress them up as all the other player characters! Including their own original RSE outfits!

  8. #23

    Default Re: CoroCoro Thread

    Here's a question, as I wasn't here during the HeartGold and SoulSilver came out; but is there a chance that we might get Prof. Birch's new look (If he gets one?) and possibly Norman's new look given since he appears rather early? Obviously, May and Brendan and maybe Wally will get their new artworks revealed as well as the starters.

  9. #24
    Registered User Lugiafanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    697

    Default Re: CoroCoro Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
    Here's a question, as I wasn't here during the HeartGold and SoulSilver came out; but is there a chance that we might get Prof. Birch's new look (If he gets one?) and possibly Norman's new look given since he appears rather early? Obviously, May and Brendan and maybe Wally will get their new artworks revealed as well as the starters.
    For HGSS, we got the protag.+starter artwork in May, Prof.+rival+rocket grunt+region artwork in June.
    Pearl FC: 0689 8559 2961
    Platinum FC: 3868 1384 3198
    SoulSilver FC: 2021 2908 5745
    Black 2 FC: 4170 2700 6717

    My shop!

  10. #25
    Registered User Oshakpop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    346

    Default Re: CoroCoro Thread

    There was 4 issues between initial reveal and release for HGSS, and this time around there is 6 or 7. I'd expect that there is more to reveal for these however. Just as an indication.

    MEGA EVOLUTION | 0301-9985-7534 | SAM | ALSO KNOWN AS S2DAAM
    Y FRIEND SAFARI: WATER WITH OCTILLERY, WARTORTLE AND AZUMARILL

  11. #26

    Default Re: CoroCoro Thread

    Shouldn't there be a thread for listing fake CoroCoro scans and similar stuff? I think there was one for X/Y... or maybe not, I can't quite recall. Anyway, this picture here is obviously an horrendous fake. People don't make convincing fakes like they used to.

  12. #27
    Registered User Lugiafanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    697

    Default Re: CoroCoro Thread

    @Reila; Added a section to the first post, with your fake scan. Hope that's ok with the staff.
    Pearl FC: 0689 8559 2961
    Platinum FC: 3868 1384 3198
    SoulSilver FC: 2021 2908 5745
    Black 2 FC: 4170 2700 6717

    My shop!

  13. #28

    Default Re: CoroCoro Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    Shouldn't there be a thread for listing fake CoroCoro scans and similar stuff? I think there was one for X/Y... or maybe not, I can't quite recall. Anyway, this picture here is obviously an horrendous fake. People don't make convincing fakes like they used to.
    Aside the obviously fake sceptile and mudkips sprite being the same from HGSS and the worker having a drilbur nose, it looks ok.
    i had a nametag

    guess not now

  14. #29
    Nowi Wins! Team Gaara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    The Sand Village
    Posts
    2,401
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default Re: CoroCoro Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by internetro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    Shouldn't there be a thread for listing fake CoroCoro scans and similar stuff? I think there was one for X/Y... or maybe not, I can't quite recall. Anyway, this picture here is obviously an horrendous fake. People don't make convincing fakes like they used to.
    Aside the obviously fake sceptile and mudkips sprite being the same from HGSS and the worker having a drilbur nose, it looks ok.
    Pretty sure that's Peeko next to him~

  15. #30
    ORAS! The_Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    On the HYPE TRAIN!
    Posts
    1,198

    Default Re: CoroCoro Thread

    That fake Sceptile mega looks cool, but the overall fakeness is hilarious.

Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •