SPOILERS: Character Redesigns: Yay or Nay? - Page 18

View Poll Results: Do you prefer the new redesigns?

Voters
205. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love them!

60 29.27%
  • I like the old ones better.

23 11.22%
  • I like some of them, but like some of the old ones as well.

89 43.41%
  • I'm really indifferent to this all.

10 4.88%
  • They just should have updated the old art rather than do redesigns.

23 11.22%
Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Character Redesigns: Yay or Nay?

Default Re: Character Redesigns: Yay or Nay?

Quote Originally Posted by TrainerSplash View Post
    Am I the only one annoyed by The Magma and Aqua designs, May kinda bothered me two a little, but I liked her over time.
    I actually adore the Team Aqua designs. Much more scruffy pirate! (Shelly and Archie did take some getting used to, but I didn't dislike them from the start or anything)

But yeah, I agree with the Magma designs. Like overall they still bear similarities to the old design, but the socks/shoes are weird and I think they could have put in a bit more black (like their old design), cause Team Aqua's colour scheme is way better balanced

I also have mixed feelings about Maxie. I adore his glasses, but I feel like Team Magma overall had a bit more of a ninja theme (so basically Ninja's VS Pirates) and that's entirely gone now. They should have kept his man-dress (but update it)

As for the admins, though Tabitha's design was changed drastically, I still think he was not memorable at all with his old design, so I feel like I can't seriously complain about it (and it's not exactly a bad design, mostly a big change)

I guess I mainly dislike the Magma Grunts XD And the entire teams weird socks/shoes
    As for May, I kinda miss the bandana, but she's technically she's still wearing one (it's not a bow) but in a more up to date way (srsly, a lot of girls wear bandanas like this lately) and it wasn't until a few weeks back I discovered she has a tiny ponytail (which I for some reason really like)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dieter View Post
    I also have mixed feelings about Maxie. I adore his glasses, but I feel like Team Magma overall had a bit more of a ninja theme (so basically Ninja's VS Pirates) and that's entirely gone now.
    What about the old Team Magma made them look like ninjas? They just looked like cultists to me.

I guess I mainly dislike the Magma Grunts XD And the entire teams weird socks/shoes
    As for May, I kinda miss the bandana, but she's technically she's still wearing one (it's not a bow) but in a more up to date way (srsly, a lot of girls wear bandanas like this lately) and it wasn't until a few weeks back I discovered she has a tiny ponytail (which I for some reason really like)
    I think the "weird socks" are some sort of heat repellent or protectant. If they're going to be around hot magma a lot of the time, it doesn't make sense for them to wear more clothing, so it seems likely that they're in some way meant to protect from the heat.

May has a tiny ponytail?

A Trainer & Coordinator! TrainerSplash's Avatar

Am I the only one annoyed by The Magma and Aqua designs, May kinda bothered me two a little, but I liked her over time.
    WOAH WOAH WOAH. She has a pony tail? And I miss her bandana too. I think that was most iconic about her design, and I don't think wearing it like that is any better. I miss her mini skirt too (or is a skort? I can't tell the difference) They removed lots of major parts of her design or at least changed them. At least she keeps her bicycle shorts and that awesome butt bag- I mean fanny pack.

Current icon's source: http://pokescans.tumblr.com/page/35

Maxie looks classy af. Archie looks... Radically different. I don't really feel that Archie's redesign is bad thing or a good thing, it's just... Different.

The redesigns all get an A+ for me with the exception of Sidney. I don't get why they changed his clothes so much. What kind of pants is the guy wearing exactly? And why is his face contorted in that jarring position? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post

What about the old Team Magma made them look like ninjas? They just looked like cultists to me.
    I think the "weird socks" are some sort of heat repellent or protectant. If they're going to be around hot magma a lot of the time, it doesn't make sense for them to wear more clothing, so it seems likely that they're in some way meant to protect from the heat.
    I don't think their design ever screamed 'ninja', but it did feature a black/dark base and I guess the hood (plus they shared a lot of Pokémon with the Ninja Boy trainer class, though that also prolly has to do with the fact they're Grunts and rarely get anything good). So personally it reminded me of ninjas

And yeah, it might have been, but that doesn't change the fact it's kinda ugly. I really don't like the stripes/pattern and the abundance of shades of red, it's unbalanced

May has a tiny ponytail?
    WOAH WOAH WOAH. She has a pony tail? And I miss her bandana too. I think that was most iconic about her design, and I don't think wearing it like that is any better. I miss her mini skirt too (or is a skort? I can't tell the difference) They removed lots of major parts of her design or at least changed them. At least she keeps her bicycle shorts and that awesome butt bag- I mean fanny pack.
    en_v1_p16_03_kne.jpg

Yup. I didn't notice at first either, until someone making fanart pointed it out. It's not really a big ponytail or anything, but it's not a tuft of hair either

Blog Entries

en_v1_p16_03_kne.jpg

Yup. I didn't notice at first either, until someone making fanart pointed it out. It's not really a big ponytail or anything, but it's not a tuft of hair either
    I think that is just extra hair, actually. Looking at the Official artwork, and other screenshots, it doesn't really look like a ponytail. Hopefully they'll release some more screenshots so I can see for sure, though.

Wait is a pony tail. Ugh, more things to hate now. having a pony tail back there is a terrible hair style. I thought it was just tufts of hair just sitting on the back of her neck. like this picture. omega_ruby_alpha_sapphire_may.png Her design just looks different, and now knowing there is a pony tail makes me wanna cry ;-; but I won't. If Customization comes back, I WILL FIX HER.

Seriously, I thought the games were about catching and raising Pokemon, beating crazy criminal organizations and becoming the champion, not looking at your pixel toon.

Quote Originally Posted by elveonora View Post
    Seriously, I thought the games were about catching and raising Pokemon, beating crazy criminal organizations and becoming the champion, not looking at your pixel toon.
    If you don't care about character designs, why are you even posting in this thread?

I do to an extent, but why is a ponytail even an issue?

Happy Holidays Everyone! aliveatnight's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Blog Entries
    Follow aliveatnight On Twitter

That ponytail feels so unnecessary...I wish it wasn't there.

My Pokémon Blog
    Claims: Akihiko Sanada (Persona 3, Persona 3 FES, Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Arena), Sif (Dark Souls), Evoker (Persoma 3, Persona 3 FES, Persona 3 Portable), Greatsheild of Artorias (Dark Souls), Nightingale Bow (Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)

It is unnecessary, very very unnecessary. It. It bothers me too much ;_; It's just how she wears it too is just so bad.
    I'm gonna have to play the originals and watch the Hoenn episodes just to wash that terribleness out of my eyes. Her legs look so skinny now that I think about it. Goodness May get some dang meat on those legs.

Prof. Birch though... he looks exactly the same, anyone know why? Did Oak or Elm get a "re-imagined" version of themselves? :/

Blog Entries

Prof. Birch though... he looks exactly the same, anyone know why? Did Oak or Elm get a "re-imagined" version of themselves? :/
    No~ The Professors don't ever really change much. It's more important characters like the PCs, Evil Teams, and Gym Leaders that change more drastically.

Blog Entries

Eh? Elm went from a geeky, stumpy looking guy to a lanky stubble chinned stud nerd. But really, Birch really has nowhere you can go, all they could have done is add a fedora.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzman! View Post
    Eh? Elm went from a geeky, stumpy looking guy to a lanky stubble chinned stud nerd. But really, Birch really has nowhere you can go, all they could have done is add a fedora.
    From a stumpy to a stud? He barely changed.

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast