Character customizations? - Page 3
Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Character customizations?

Default Re: Character customizations?

The customisation feature was one of the best things about X/Y for me, so I hope it returns here. I spent ridiculous amounts of time piecing together the right looks and combinations.

That said, I hope they improve the male character's wardrobe, and maybe have some novelty/Pokemon cosplay outfits too, like they did in Pokemon Battle Revolution.

This does make me a bit hyped to see the new player character art.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

I was thinking, will they redesign Norman to fit with whatever appearance we choose for the player character? I fear the feature might not return because of Norman.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    I was thinking, will they redesign Norman to fit with whatever appearance we choose for the player character? I fear the feature might not return because of Norman.
    Well, your mom in X and Y looks the same no matter what. So I don't see why your dad can also look the same even if you're a different race.
    (Plot twist: you're adopted.)
    Quote Originally Posted by NoirGrimoir View Post
    This is completely beside the point, but I get a warm, fuzzy and vaguely manic feeling when I see all these posts from other forums on here and realize the pokemon fandom is incredibly interconnected. We're all here and there and over there....it's cool in a sort of, "Oh God, I don't know why I'm laughing!" way.

Blog Entries

I won't be upset if I can't change my character's skin color. But in terms of outfits, I like the idea of special costumes or uniforms. Magma Aqua grunt clothes would be cool, and I wouldn't mind having the option to wear Groudon or Kyogre gear, like Terrel and Marina in PBR.

The Future King Koopa Jr's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Koopa Jr on Tumblr

As long as the default settings are May and Brendan then I'll be fine with customization.

Quote Originally Posted by IS1296 View Post
    I won't be upset if I can't change my character's skin color.
    I would. I loved to play as a character with my actual skin color (or very close to it, at least) in XY. In fact, that matters more than different costumes, to me.

Imma drink my tears & cry Fairy Ice Ricky's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Fairy Ice Ricky On Twitter
    Follow Fairy Ice Ricky on Tumblr

They didn't redesign the skin color of your mother in X/Y, so I personally don't think it would necessarily be required for them to do the same for your parents in ORAS, including Norman. I actually didn't even realize the mother in X/Y kept her light skin color until I read your post, haha.

I loved to play as a character with my actual skin color (or very close to it, at least) in XY. In fact, that matters more than different costumes, to me.
    Just quoting this to let you know that I absolutely agree with you, I would much prefer changing skin color than clothes on the playable character.

3DS Friend Code: 5086-1398-3204 ▪|▪ 3DS/Pokémon X/Pokémon ΩR Name: Ricky
    Friend Safari: Steel - Klefki, Ferroseed, Forretress
    Claims: Lucario & Lucarionite ▪|▪ Teravolt ▪|▪ Fusion Bolt ▪|▪ Red Orb ▪|▪ Boutique [Pokémon X/Y]

Follow Rainbow On Twitter Add Rainbow on Facebook Add Rainbow on Google+ Add Rainbow on MySpace
    Add Rainbow on Linkedin Follow Rainbow on Tumblr Follow Rainbow on Flickr Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

If they let us choose race again, I don't see any reason to redesign Norman. They could just change the mom's skin tone.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter Add Robo-Floatzel on Google+
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

I would say most definitely, it would be step down from X/Y for them to take away the customization features, and the same can be said for Amie and Super Training. I just personally hope the boy has more customization options, and more importantly is that we can remove the hat and accessories, because I am annoyed on how we seem forced to wear them in X/Y and I want that to be changed. Maybe a later update to X/Y will change that, but let's see if OR/AS does it first.

Now I know that the protagonists will still be Brendan and May, and I really hope that we get access to the outfits they wore in the original R/S/E, both the R/S version and the Emerald versions of the outfit, for the people who want to have nostalgia trips. After all, if HG/SS could give us the GB Sounds, than OR/AS should give us access to the original wardrobe, and I kind of wish they had the outfits for all the previous player characters before Gen 6 as well, both in X/Y (and eventually Z/XY2) and OR/AS, also for the purpose of nostalgia driven players.
    Last edited by Robo-Floatzel; 7th May 2014 at 06:22 PM.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

I actually hope we dont get to customize i know this is a 6th gen remake and all nostolgia but i miss being forced to stay as default.

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Icestar649 View Post
    I actually hope we dont get to customize i know this is a 6th gen remake and all nostolgia but i miss being forced to stay as default.
    I dont see why the option to customize shouldnt be included for those that want it. They can just make it so you can use the default characters and not use any customization options. You can do that in X/Y as well.

Blog Entries

I will be disappointed if Customisation did not make a return. It was a feature I have wanted most of all for a very long time, and now that we have it, it would be a shame for Gamefreak to discontinue it so quickly. I agree that hats should only be an option, not a necessity. I have never been much of a hat person.

I hope we see more customisation options in these newly announced games. More hair styles, more hair and eye colours, and definitely more clothing options.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

I want the option of being able to take off the hat because I seriously want to know what Brendan's head looks like XD

Blog Entries

That's assuming we aren't given new characters to play with. I think it would be that, rather than Brendan and May again imo (thus no need to worry about matching skin colors).
    A true friend freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, takes all patiently, defends courageously, and continues a friend unchangeably.
    -William Penn

I think character customization should definitely return, and be improved (more outfits for guys, especially). But the original Brendan/May outfits would be fine as defaults until you decide to change. And please...I wanna take off my damn hat.

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast