Will BW be the end of Team Rocket/Rocket-Dan? - Page 9

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Will BW be the end of Team Rocket/Rocket-Dan?

Default Re: Will BW be the end of Team Rocket/Rocket-Dan?

Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    To tell the truth, anything can be replaced, regardless of it's been around forever or not. It's just a matter of if they feel the reward is greater than the risk.
    QFT
    And unlike with characters like Brock, Dawn/Pip, Meowth/TRio - I doubt they'd ever consider to replace Ash and Pikachu
    It's possible - they ARE replaceable, technically - but it's just very unlikely they'll ever actually do it
    But it may happen one day... and if and when this happens, I'll accept it and will probably enjoy it too, even though I really prefer to keep Ash and Pika
    You know what could be awesome? if we could have more than one series at the same time... but yeah, it's not going to happen :(

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    To tell the truth, anything can be replaced, regardless of it's been around forever or not. It's just a matter of if they feel the reward is greater than the risk.
    QFT
    And unlike with characters like Brock, Dawn/Pip, Meowth/TRio - I doubt they'd ever consider to replace Ash and Pikachu
    It's possible - they ARE replaceable, technically - but it's just very unlikely they'll ever actually do it
    But it may happen one day... and if and when this happens, I'll accept it and will probably enjoy it too, even though I really prefer to keep Ash and Pika
    You know what could be awesome? if we could have more than one series at the same time... but yeah, it's not going to happen :(
    ....Ash and his pikachu are the stars of the animated series, and the rodent is the mascot of the Pokemon franchise; replacing them is next to IMPOSSIBLE.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Melonhead; 1032-2149-6593; Ground: Wooper, Marowak, Gastrodon
    PM me so I can add you back.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ash is replaceable, only Pikachu isn't. Having a different type of Pikachu, or a female Pikachu with a different trainer isn't unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Mecha View Post
    ....Ash and his pikachu are the stars of the animated series, and the rodent is the mascot of the Pokemon franchise; replacing them is next to IMPOSSIBLE.
    But I just said almost exactly the same thing you're saying 0__o only that unlike you, I am aware that Pokémon could easily live on without Ash/Pika... but it's simply just very unlikely to ever happen
    It's POSSIBLE, very possible, but it probably won't happen... wether it's possible to do it and wether it'll actually happen are two completely different things

You can't have Sailor Moon without Sailor Moon, for example... you can't have Pokémon without Pokémon, you CAN have Pokémon without Ash (hello video games, TCG, various different manga series, Pokémon Chronicles, etc...)
    Rex Kamex likes this.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Ash is replaceable, only Pikachu isn't. Having a different type of Pikachu, or a female Pikachu with a different trainer isn't unexpected.
    I seriously doubt that they would by this point. If it was that easy to get another Pikachu with another trainer, then I think that the writers would have done something like that years ago.

Blog Entries

Considering how dull the recent Abagoura's Miracle two-parter was, the Rocket's need to get off the show. If the producers are resorting to boring two-parters in order to keep the trio on here, why not try something different?

Blog Entries

If they brought back the Giovanni/Plasma arc at least it would be interesting.

~Love Is Hard To Define~ Midnight Blue's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think it will be the end of Jessie, James and Meowth. I am not expecting an epic, full blown out farewell. I am expecting something to the lines as Ash and the TRio make amends. I would actually like to see what they did in The Electric Tale of Pikachu.

Blog Entries

Well since I doubt TR is leaving by the Fall, we'll likely see them continue into the BW2 arc of whatever it is.

After TR is disbanded, I expect J/J/M to have a goodbye episode. They'll first reunite with their old Pokes at TR HQ, and perhaps James will get a call from Gardenia of how Cacnea is doing, and maybe Chimecho too. We'll also see brief shots of Arbok/Weezing still protecting the herd of Pokemon back in Hoenn.

I highly suspect Jessie will decide to become a coordinator again, going off to some random region to do them. James and Meowth will follow along, with James' parents making one last appearance. Meowth will realize he has to stick with his friends till the end of time.
    Pokemonada likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Well since I doubt TR is leaving by the Fall, we'll likely see them continue into the BW2 arc of whatever it is.

After TR is disbanded, I expect J/J/M to have a goodbye episode. They'll first reunite with their old Pokes at TR HQ, and perhaps James will get a call from Gardenia of how Cacnea is doing, and maybe Chimecho too. We'll also see brief shots of Arbok/Weezing still protecting the herd of Pokemon back in Hoenn.

I highly suspect Jessie will decide to become a coordinator again, going off to some random region to do them. James and Meowth will follow along, with James' parents making one last appearance. Meowth will realize he has to stick with his friends till the end of time.
    This please. As much as it pains me to see TR goodbye, I think it's time. We'll have to wait who the next antagonist for the next series will be then :(.

(E) Maybe the next series will be set on Ash progressing (hopefully) and focusing to become a pokemon master after 10 years.

Blog Entries

I'd say it isn't impossible. Unexpected is far too presumptions. At this point I think they could get rid of TR. If I had a gun to my
    head and had to predict the correct outcome, I'd say I predict they'll stay put, but there's still quite a chance that I'd be wrong.
    I think it would be a bad idea. I can't be bothered to watch their scenes anymore but that's because of the BW personas they've adopted. If they reverted
    back to being themselves again, I'd love them just as much as ever. Also, what would they do without them, like them or not, they provide a secondary plot
    which is definitely needed. Yeah they could bring in some news guys, but at this point, it's all been done before. You can't bring in permanent characters with a heavy goal, because it has to be really aspired too and ultimately see an end. They had the perfect formula in TR.

Blog Entries

With Giovanni getting a big role again in the show, I would hope that this leads to TR being disbanded and written off. BW has shown that you can do episodes just fine without having TR in them. Given that most of their episodes so far in BW have been very underwhelming...I think I want to see them go. I don't find Dr. Zager interesting in the slightest either.
    Last edited by Masurao; 6th June 2012 at 01:57 PM.

shsl music club member Catspring's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Catspring on Facebook
    Follow Catspring on Tumblr

I wish they would leave the show. They've become a bit boring since Best Wishes started... I at least hope they get their old personalities back. They're too different, and even if they have a few moments where they act like their old selves, I just have a hard time liking the new TRio. I loved Musashi in the previous seasons, she was a self-obsessed diva and that's why I loved her - she was interesting. Their attempts at stealing Pokemon are very boring, as they NEVER succeed, but the other times they're shown I like them. Honestly, they probably won't leave the show. But you never know - people never thought Brock would leave, either.

Blog Entries

If they decided to end Team Rocket in BW2, I hope they do something different and possibly better next time. I mean, they replaced Brock when he became dull with Cilan who became a very lively character. Surely, they could try the same with the TRio. Only unlike Brock, they get a good sendoff for how long they've been on the show. They deserve it. Like their cold personas are ditched with the in-universe reason being Giovanni's harsh training whipping them into shape and after something happens that brings a piece of their past back to them, they revert to their previous selves.

Well, they could be planning to end them, but I also think there's a possibility they'll just make them stupid again for the next region. I'm hoping for the latter. I think there's a little hope. For instance, they were completely in-character in the Victini movies, which I hardly consider canon, but they kind of show that the writers realized stupid TR is better.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)