Will BW be the end of Team Rocket/Rocket-Dan? - Page 8
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Will BW be the end of Team Rocket/Rocket-Dan?

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Will BW be the end of Team Rocket/Rocket-Dan?

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Kaori...not so much, but she's not as much of a veteran as Mr. Yuuji is and was therefore probably cheaper to use.
    Wasn't she a famous singer?
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd
    Why are you acting like they wouldn't hire Brock's VA to play Wobbufett or even if Brock himself cameo's later on in BW?
    Because I don't think they will. The producers of the TV show obviously took the whole "no old pokemon in Isshu" thing as their chance to clean house and get rid of some of the more costly voice actors. Ueda Yuuji is one such actor.

Hayashibara Megumi and Shinichirou Miki will probably get the axe soon as well because of how expensive it must be getting to continue having them on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister
    Wasn't she a famous singer?
    I think "famous" is being a bit kind. She's only had a few CDs released and they've all been of the opening and ending themes to some not-that-famous cartoons.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on July 6th, 2014

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Why are you acting like they wouldn't hire Brock's VA to play Wobbufett or even if Brock himself cameo's later on in BW?
    Because I don't think they will. The producers of the TV show obviously took the whole "no old pokemon in Isshu" thing as their chance to clean house and get rid of some of the more costly voice actors. Ueda Yuuji is one such actor.

Hayashibara Megumi and Shinichirou Miki will probably get the axe soon as well because of how expensive it must be getting to continue having them on the show.
    And what about Satoshi and Pikachu? Aren't their salaries the highest of every other character? Is it a sign?

Also regarding Takeshi's pay, if they had to pay him so much why did they keep him as long as they did? Wouldn't it have made sense to drop him at the end of AG because of costs?

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister
    Wasn'
    I think "famous" is being a bit kind. She's only had a few CDs released and they've all been of the opening and ending themes to some not-that-famous cartoons.
    I thought virtually every female VA for Pokemon was a singer. All 4 girls did singing roles correct?

Post Thanks / Like

But is she "cheaper" compared to other VAs?

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

And what about Satoshi and Pikachu? Aren't their salaries the highest of every other character? Is it a sign?
    Haha, no. They're obviously making an exception for the two mascots of the entire franchise.

But if you want to discuss this further, please use this thread.

Also regarding Takeshi's pay, if they had to pay him so much why did they keep him as long as they did? Wouldn't it have made sense to drop him at the end of AG because of costs?
    His voice actor was providing the voices for too many other pokemon by that point. If they dropped Takeshi, they would have also had to recast about a dozen or so pokemon.

Fear of an Orange Island-type backlash probably also kept him on the show longer than he should have.

But if you want to discuss this further, please use this thread.

I thought virtually every female VA for Pokemon was a singer. All 4 girls did singing roles correct?
    "Being a singer" and "being a successful singer" or "being a singer who costs a lot of money" are all very different things.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on July 6th, 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Is there any indication TR's VA's are actually being paid less since BW started in 2010? I don't know how salaries work for VA's, but if they only say 2-3 lines per episode, do they still get the same pay as when they were in half the episode like past sagas?

Likewise are they still considered part of the main cast? That's hard to believe because the main cast would imply they appear in every episode, which they do not anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Those characters' voice actors are no longer with the show. I doubt they're going to go through the trouble of bringing them in to the studio.
    They ARE doing this Meloeta short that seems to feature lots of past Pokémon that were owned by main characters, like Wobbuffet and others...
    I'm still not sure if they're really the same ones or just wild ones (being same ones won't make much sense but... I geuss it can still happen somehow)
    But if they'll be the same ones, they'll probably bring back their old VAs

Anyway, as I said countless times before, they'll bring back any character they wish to bring back regardless of VAs or anything - if they'll want the old VA they'll try to get them and if they won't want to do it then they'll just replace them (or maybe use old recordings for something like Wobbuffet)
    It won't be the first time a main cast Pokémon got a voice change in the Japanese version (Mudkip, Mime Jr., Buneary... and there are some human characters too like Jessie, Joy, Marian, Giovanni...)

Isn't what you're saying is similar to saying Gary or Misty can't appear since the end of Johto? (unless I'm not aware of it and their VAs continued to do other characters during early AG before we found out about their guest appearances in that series and in side stories/Chronicles)

I still don't think the writers of this series are competent enough to have the Rocket-Dan reunite with all their old pokemon in their farewell episode.

Well, it won't have to be for their closure... I already said long ago that I hope TRio will get back their older Poké for some kind of "important" battle during the BW series...
    It may happen now that the BW series is influenced by the BW2 games and starts to finally feature older Pokémon again

They still have Ohtani Ikue come in and record new lines for Pikachu even though they could have let her go her years ago.
    Don't forget that at some point they DID use existing recordings for Pikachu's voice at the time Ikue Ohtani wasn't available... which also caused them to use a different VA for Mime Jr.
    I think this is a perfect example of how they deal with cases of VAs not being available: if it's a relatively big role and a well known character voice like Pikachu (and like Wobbuffet would be) they'll use their older recordings since they'll have a huge amount of these to use and since they'd prefer to keep the familiar voice of these characters... but for human characters or for Pokémon with smaller roles like Mime Jr. (and like most of TRio's non-Wobbuffet Pokémon) they'll just replace them

both voice actors cameoed in the new series only a year after the previous series finished, a timespan that BW has already surpassed.
    Don't forget that BW tried to make a complete new and "fresh" beginning with as little references to past as possible... and that starting with BW2 games and the anime episodes that will air from then on, they're obviously intending to make a "return" of the old Poké and that may possibly include some past human characters too...
    If we were to see any older human characters in the BW series aside from Looker/Cynthia, it obviously wasn't going to happen in the BW time of the show, but in the BW2 time where things from the past make a return
    Not that I really expect to see anyone really, since Dawn and Brock kind of already got their eps for this gen... but the TRio's Poké have a nice chance to return sometime from now until the end of this gen

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    I don't get it, tons of characters have been gone for ages and they return with the same VA. Gary was gone for what...3 years till he got that 1 special in late Hoenn?
    Don't forget that long after that he also got the final AG eps and then was also brought back only to play a relatively small recurring role for the DP series

Why are you acting like they wouldn't hire Brock's VA to play Wobbufett or even if Brock himself cameo's later on in BW? So I don't see what the issue is here...
    I agree, some people are seriously exaggerating here...
    Old VAs are more than likely still available and would probably return to their roles
    And at worst - they'll replace the VAs if they really wouldn't want to do it, it happens - even in Japan (while less often than other places, it still happens there too)

This makes no sense at all, seriously...
    You can't even be so sure how much each of these VA are getting paid... and even if these VAs get soooo much more than the other VAs... if they so wanted to get rid of their characters in order to stop working with them... why NOW?...
    They were OK with it for 14 years and then said "wtf, why pay them so much, let's remove their characters from the show!" ?...
    They had great chances to get rid of both Brock and TRio at the end of the original series or at the end of the AG series
    TRio could even get some conclusion at the end of DP and not appear at all in BW - I honestly think they just wanted to try and do some change to the TRio and make them "cool" as a try to "refresh" the show, not to get rid of their VAs (even if it does lead to the conclusion of TRio and possible departure of their VAs from the show by the end of BW)
    You seem to really exaggerate this whole thing... and I seriously can't understand why...

His voice actor was providing the voices for too many other pokemon by that point. If they dropped Takeshi, they would have also had to recast about a dozen or so pokemon.
    By your logic they'd just get rid of these Pokémon too... it's not like Ash used his older Poké so much in AG/DP and it's not like they HAD to keep Wobbuffet for AG/DP or any of their Hoenn Pokémon for DP...

Fear of an Orange Island-type backlash probably also kept him on the show longer than he should have.
    I always hate when people bring this up... I have hard time beliving this thing...
    When the first Tracey ep aired, they HAD to have at least started to work on the Johto episodes... how could they ever decide wether to stick with Tracey or bring back Brock based on fans opinions? (and since when they even care about such fan opinions?)
    Tracey was even introduced with the dream of meeting Oak, I wouldn't doubt it at all that he was introduced with the idea of him staying with Oak in mind...

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Is there any indication TR's VA's are actually being paid less since BW started in 2010? I don't know how salaries work for VA's, but if they only say 2-3 lines per episode, do they still get the same pay as when they were in half the episode like past sagas?

Likewise are they still considered part of the main cast? That's hard to believe because the main cast would imply they appear in every episode, which they do not anymore.
    VAs are usually paid either by how many lines they had or how long their recording session was (well, at least around here which may not be a good example, but I can't see any other way to do it...)
    So obviously they'd get less now that their characters don't appear in every ep and when they do barely speak at all, compared to when their characters appeared every ep and usually had lots of dialogue

That still doesn't mean anything, though...
    Even famous and successful VAs are often doing minor roles... it's not like they're doing ONLY big important main characters and refuse to do smaller roles 0__o
    I really don't get why people here make such a big deal of the whole VA thing... it's not relevant at all
    The BW series is based on the BW games... as time goes on the anime and games are "working with each other" more and more... the anime just reflected the games and tried to make everything feel "fresh", so they gave Ash new friends rather than relying on old characters like Brock again, and tried a new way of writing the TRio (however good or bad that turned out is a whole different story)
    That's all there is to it, really... and now that BW2 starts to influence the anime, old Pokémon are returning and it may include some old human characters or Ash/TRio previous Pokémon (there's also that Meloeta short that, if these really are the same old Poké, may contain lots of old main cast Poké which would require some old VAs to return)
    Last edited by Piplup; 22nd April 2012 at 01:30 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup View Post
    I'm still not sure if they're really the same ones or just wild ones (being same ones won't make much sense but... I geuss it can still happen somehow)
    Pokemon Shorts canonically never make sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    Pokemon Shorts canonically never make sense.
    Why? They're crazy and funny adventures, but I never saw one that completely destroyed all logic and had serious continuity issues like featuring Misty's Togepi and Dawn's Piplup at the same time

Post Thanks / Like

Why?
    Human characters are don't exist without any explanation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    Human characters are don't exist without any explanation.
    Maybe in the ANA shorts, not in the movie shorts (and even then you can just assume all Poké were sent for "vacation" or whatever in a Poké-only places)
    I think most of the movie shorts often featured the humans too, even if for very minimal role

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe in the ANA shorts, not in the movie shorts (and even then you can just assume all Poké were sent for "vacation" or whatever in a Poké-only places)
    I don't think there is much more difference between movie shorts and ANA shorts. ANA's using same formula that used in 10th, 11th and 12th shorts.

I think most of the movie shorts often featured the humans too, even if for very minimal role
    Out of six movie shorts, only three of them featured human characters.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, anyway, it'd be a first time thing if this will seriously feature Pokémon that just aren't supposed to exist at the same time like Misty's Togepi together with Dawn's Piplup... I'm not complaining or something, it'd be awesome to see these guys again including their previous forms we'd never think to see again, but it's just kind of... weird XD
    Also, I think the movie shorts used to be a little less crazy and boring than these ANA shorts, but maybe that's just me (and I also didn't watch the recent few ANA shorts so maybe I don't know enough to judge... I'm annoyed at that Marill who's copying the Jigly in these shorts...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think its interesting that Meowth as a mascot of the franchise isn't in every episode anymore. It reminds me of how they still sell Piplup merchandize in Japan even though its not in the anime anymore. I can see the same happening with Meowth.

I think the writers are well aware now the series can go on with any type of cast change, be it human or pokemon. Its strange they were reluctant to drop Brock again for so long, because I think DP very well marked the end of both Brock and TR's running gags.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

To tell the truth, anything can be replaced, regardless of it's been around forever or not. It's just a matter of if they feel the reward is greater than the risk. BW has proven that TR's constant presence is not necessary, but their rewritten nature holds some potential, so it could be possible they just keep doing this, but the path is also open for TR to go out in a blaze of glory. Since it is their decision, I cannot rightfully predict what they're going to do.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast