Will BW be the end of Team Rocket/Rocket-Dan? - Page 7

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Will BW be the end of Team Rocket/Rocket-Dan?

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Will BW be the end of Team Rocket/Rocket-Dan?

Not sure, but Musashi (Jessie), Kojiro (James) and Nyarth (Meowth) would be fired by Sakaki (Giovanni) from Team Rocket if the Best Wishes series would be the farewell series for Team Rocket.

Blog Entries

TPCI didn't have anything to do with Team Rocket losing their personalities and extremely boring. That was the creative staff in Japan. I'm pretty sure that they're not involved with the writing process for the series at all, so blaming them really doesn't make any sense.
    Uhhhhh epic fail? I said TPC aka The Pokemon Company aka the japanese creators. I'm always careful to indicate which one I'm talking about, so check before you respond. However....

I believe that ShoPro's fault. TPC's only purpose on the anime is localization.
    Doesn't Shopro do manga, not anime? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the writers in the anime are TPC staff.
    Last edited by Bluelatios; 16th April 2012 at 12:09 PM.

El_
    Blog Entries

Would be nice if they just quit TR as opposed to being fired, before Giovanni is dealt with, IF he is ever dealt with. Their characters seemed to have a lot of other goals and wishes aside from TR, so they could easily have them pursue that in clousure.

Of course, this is the anime we are talking about and this is Best Wishes, so...

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelatios View Post
    Uhhhhh epic fail? I said TPC aka The Pokemon Company aka the japanese creators. I'm always careful to indicate which one I'm talking about, so check before you respond.
    There's no need to be incredibly rude about it. I don't usually see the Japanese creators referred to as TPC, or even The Pokemon Company for that matter, and I thought that you just forgot the I in TPCI. Sue me. When people talk about the Japanese creators, most of them would just say the Japanese creators or writers. Instead of attacking me like that and using an annoying term like "epic fail", you could just respectfully say something like "I think you misunderstood my original post. I was talking about the Japanese creators." It really isn't that hard to correct people without being rude about it.

Blog Entries

No no, I wasn't trying to be rude, I use the term "epic fail" jokingly a lot. Sorry I offended you, I wasn't trying to.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

No no, I wasn't trying to be rude, I use the term "epic fail" jokingly a lot. Sorry I offended you, I wasn't trying to.
    I appreciate that clarification since I thought that your tone was kind of rude in that post partly because of that term. Though, it also felt like you were jumping all over me for a simple misunderstanding, especially with the whole check before you respond bit, and I still think you could have said that I made a mistake in a better way, but I appreciate the apologize and clarifying that you weren't trying to offend me.

Blog Entries

No, I'm definitely not the type to jump on people over anything really. Sometimes typing can have misleading tones compared to actual speaking so again, sorry and I'm glad we worked it out. Back to TR, the best thing they can do at this point IMO is give them something to do with Team Plasma and the BW2 villains, and then bring their good old punny selves back outside from what is hopefully just an alternate reality that will not continue beyond BW.

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd
    I think when TR leave the show you'll see them reuniting with their Sinnoh Pokemon and Wobbufett that they left at Rocket HQ.
    Those characters' voice actors are no longer with the show. I doubt they're going to go through the trouble of bringing them in to the studio.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dogasu View Post
    Those characters' voice actors are no longer with the show. I doubt they're going to go through the trouble of bringing them in to the studio.
    As if using recorded voice clips of those pokemon from older episodes would really be too difficult. All they have to use is an old sound clip if Wobbuett's and others voices, not a big deal.

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    As if using recorded voice clips of those pokemon from older episodes would really be too difficult. All they have to use is an old sound clip if Wobbuett's and others voices, not a big deal.

Not as simple as you think it is.

Since the actor will technically have made an appearance in that episode, monetary payment in some shape or form would be necessary, and money is always iffy. If Sonansu et al. really were to make appearances, I'd say they'd either get voiceless cameos unless their actors were still on the show, which in most cases they are not.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aestivate View Post
    Not as simple as you think it is.

Since the actor will technically have made an appearance in that episode, monetary payment in some shape or form would be necessary, and money is always iffy. If Sonansu et al. really were to make appearances, I'd say they'd either get voiceless cameos unless their actors were still on the show, which in most cases they are not.
    Considering they contacted both Misty and May's Japanese VA to come back to the show for their episodes after they left, I am sure it won't be too difficult to contact Brock's VA to play Wobbufett again.

Sheesh, you guys make it sound like once the VA's leave they're in some "forbidden land" that Shopro can't contact again.

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

I believe that ShoPro's fault. TPC's only purpose on the anime is localization.
    Doesn't Shopro do manga, not anime? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the writers in the anime are TPC staff.
    It's OLM that make pokemon anime. TPC and Shopro are just companies with copyrights.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

amazing Meron's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Meron On Twitter

Isn't Ueda returning for the Meloetta short tho?

y team

ロケット団よ永遠 Dogasu's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dogasu On Twitter

For Sonansu? I guess I kind of forgot about that ^^;;

But even if he is back for a theatrical short, I still don't think the writers of this series are competent enough to have the Rocket-Dan reunite with all their old pokemon in their farewell episode. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, they suck at giving long term characters any sort of proper send-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd
    As if using recorded voice clips of those pokemon from older episodes would really be too difficult.
    They still have Ohtani Ikue come in and record new lines for Pikachu even though they could have let her go her years ago.

If they want Sonansu and the rest to come back, they won't just dip into the archives and then send a royalty check to the voice actors. That's not how they do things in Japan.

Considering they contacted both Misty and May's Japanese VA to come back to the show for their episodes after they left, I am sure it won't be too difficult to contact Brock's VA to play Wobbufett again.
    Iizuka Mayumi was doing the Side Stories (released in the U.S. as "Pokemon Chronicles") and narrated every episode of Shuukan Pokemon Housoukyoku and was technically still part of the show. Kaori...not so much, but she's not as much of a veteran as Mr. Yuuji is and was therefore probably cheaper to use. Plus, both voice actors cameoed in the new series only a year after the previous series finished, a timespan that BW has already surpassed.
    Last edited by Dogasu; 17th April 2012 at 05:15 PM.
    Webmaster of Dogasu's Backpack. Last updated on April 14th, 2014

| My DVD Collection | My Video Game Collection |
    These lists were last updated on January 3rd, 2012

Blog Entries

Iizuka Mayumi was doing the Side Stories (released in the U.S. as "Pokemon Chronicles") and narrated every episode of Shuukan Pokemon Housoukyoku and was technically still part of the show. Kaori...not so much, but she's not as much of a veteran as Mr. Yuuji is and was therefore probably cheaper to use. Plus, both voice actors cameoed in the new series only a year after the previous series finished, a timespan that BW has already surpassed.
    I don't get it, tons of characters have been gone for ages and they return with the same VA. Gary was gone for what...3 years till he got that 1 special in late Hoenn?

Why are you acting like they wouldn't hire Brock's VA to play Wobbufett or even if Brock himself cameo's later on in BW? So I don't see what the issue is here...

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)