Will BW be the end of Team Rocket/Rocket-Dan?

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Will BW be the end of Team Rocket/Rocket-Dan?

Blog Entries

Default Will BW be the end of Team Rocket/Rocket-Dan?

With the sudden reappearance and redesign of Sakaki, the Rocket organization's greater involvement in the plot, as well as Musashi, Kojiro, and Nyasu's more serious attitude, some fans have wondered if Best Wishes is the end of the road for the Rockets.

Do you think the organization and/or the Rocket trio will be wrapped up at the end of Best Wishes? Or are fans just reading too much into things? Please explain why or why not.
    Last edited by Musashi; 2nd September 2011 at 05:53 PM.

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Will Best Wishes be the end of the Rocket-Dan?

In all honesty... I have to say it is. I think their time has come. It's best for them to end on an incredibly high note instead of just fading away.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

RONALDO!!
    Blog Entries

yea, I think they have been used to a pulp and they should be new evil villians that would want to kill the trio
    For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Goodbye, Team Rocket. I'm sure they're done with BW's end. Its easy to see they're phasing them out leading to one last hurrah.
    Last edited by The Fighting Misty; 26th May 2011 at 10:24 PM.

I honestly think it could go either way, i.e. BW might be their last hurrah (as it were); but on the other hand, what if there's more story ideas for them? Granted, for the longest time until BW, they did the same basic thing(s) from episode to episode, but they're more serious in BW. That could be explored further. I mean, even though a lot of the things that became standard for TR are gone (blasting off, giant robots, Wobbuffet), I think that there could be more for them further down the road with this recent, serious turn.

I hope don't come off as Ramblin' McGee here, but that's how I feel.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Yes, with return of Giovanni - I think their time has come.

And it's better that way. At least they're leaving on a high note.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In the newest BW eps they're still doing the basic thing, stealing the POTD, just doing it in a slightly more competent way...but they're still failing in every ep.

The writers are also experimenting with learning how to write a show without TR, and they're doing it by having the wild pokemon act as the antagonists.
    Yankees4life and FinalArcadia like this.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

It's still much better than having to blast off in (almost) every single episode. :)
    Yankees4life likes this.

"Pikachu! Juuman Boruto!" Goombario_Jr's Avatar

If Team Plasma would appear AT ALL, we'd know Team Rocket's future. Giovanni's original plan was to fight them for control of the region (I assume,) and since those episodes have never aired (I doubt part 2 was even started,) we'll likely never know.

I think Team Rocket will disband after best wishes. So yeah, I think this will be the farewell season for the rocket trio.
    Proud Sonic and Pokemon fan!

Deviantart: JohnSLPaul

2ds FC: 1478-4291-7605
    Friend Safari Type: Fairy

Quote Originally Posted by Goombario_Jr View Post
    If Team Plasma would appear AT ALL, we'd know Team Rocket's future. Giovanni's original plan was to fight them for control of the region (I assume,) and since those episodes have never aired (I doubt part 2 was even started,) we'll likely never know.
    Episodes are made eight months in advance, so both were completely finished way before the recall was made. I don't know why people are making it out to be like we'll never see these episodes. They're an important part of the storyline; they're going to air eventually.
    ChaosControl likes this.

Kip

I think it is. The writers have been writing the TRio the same way for years, and haven't really given the organization as a whole much screen time. Then suddenly, Giovanni reappears and its not in a Meowth fantasy, with a brand new design. Jessie, James, and Meowth wear new uniforms, have much more serious personalities, and are no longer the forgotten grunts of the team. There are other Team Rocket members appearing more often, they're receiving and carrying out secretive missions that don't involve a pointy-eared electric mouse.

A change that drastic, after ten years of having almost the exact same storyline (at least in Team Rockets case), doesn't really seem like it would be leading into a "oh hey this is what they're like now, we're going to have this happen for the next couple regions, hope you enjoy it!" I think the writers have something big planned for Team Rocket, and I personally expect the organization to disband by the end of Best Wishes.

"Pikachu! Juuman Boruto!" Goombario_Jr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    Episodes are made eight months in advance, so both were completely finished way before the recall was made. I don't know why people are making it out to be like we'll never see these episodes. They're an important part of the storyline; they're going to air eventually.
    My only huge problem is if they're going to rewrite them or not. I assume these episodes are/were when Cilan finds out who Team Rocket is to begin with (since he knew them in the Litwick episode,) and since Ash and Co. are past that city by now, it might turn out awkward. I'm just wondering how they would rewrite these to catch up with how the series is now, if we can even see them at ALL, what with Meowth possibly leaving the organization entirely.

Blog Entries

No. Even if they rebuild Team Rocket (just for them), they'll stay on the show.
    Plus I believe it was stated way long ago that Team Rocket was made for an older demographic. If they're dropped, then what?

Blog Entries

I think so. If the writers waited this long to finally have the Rockets do something serious then it has to be for a good reason. I think there will be signs that will foreshadow the Rockets disbanding. I doubt they'd go back to their old ways be the end of BW either so most likely they're finished.

Look Forward, Team Rocket!

Also I claim Piplup in the Claim a Pokemon thread =)

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)