Who is the better Champion: Adeku (Alder) or Shirona (Cynthia)? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is the better Champion: Adeku (Alder) or Shirona (Cynthia)?

Default Re: Who is the better Champion: Adeku (Alder) or Shirona (Cynthia)?

Cynthia wins my vote.
    Watching the episode she was in, It feels like she knows exactly what she is doing (except choosing a flavor for her ice cream). Alder however seems like he doesn't really take inexperienced challengers seriously (That battle with ash and forgetting names easily).
    Both should have a great skill in battling to be a champion ofcourse, but i liked cynthia's personality towards inexperienced trainers (Battle vs. paul comes into mind).

That's the way it is Tepig in a BBQ's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Alder gets my vote, simply because he reminds me how Ash will be if he ever ages. Treating his Bouffalant is the way I see Ash treating his Pokémon later on.

I like Cynthia too, but she is...forced. And she reminds me of a robot.

Call me Robert guys 1rkhachatryan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow 1rkhachatryan On Twitter Add 1rkhachatryan on Facebook Add 1rkhachatryan on Google+
    Visit 1rkhachatryan's Youtube Channel

I prefer Cynthia myself. I love her power and her personality. She acts how a Champion and is quite inspirational.

Plus Garchomp pwns Buffalo anyday.

My vote goes for Alder. To put it simply, I found Cynthia to be boring, bland, uninteresting whatever you want to call it. In the anime she just doesn't really do it for me. Her character reminds me of all those calm cool collected types that are prominent in most animes. I'm not that big a fan of those. Alder on the other hand is a straight up goofball he makes me laugh, he brings some life to the cast with his appearances, I enjoy seeing him on screen while with Cynthia, when she appears it's just like. Oh, Cynthia's here, okay.
    "Smiles and laughter are always good, but never forget your Poker Face."

Alder because he's not a Mary-Sue.

Blog Entries

I sincerely like Adeku so much better than Cynthia.

Cynthia isn't all that interesting and although I admire her sharp skills and abilities, I am far more interested in Alder, his ability to enjoy life and still get calm and collected when the situation calls for it. I'm also happy by what he brought into the anime in his debut episode, by questioning the lives of our characters after they have fulfilled their goals. I'm pretty sure most people have stated the same reason for liking Alder, but that truly is it. He's a great Champion and a kind I'd expect Ash to become if he ever does become Champion.

Blog Entries

Game-wise, Cynthia 100%. Alder just never gave off that Champion vibe in the games that the past Champs have, probably because he is out-rightly stated to be the Champion.

Cynthia introduces herself as just another trainer, but who studies mythology. She meets up with you from time to time to talk about the Pokedex, gives you HMCut and a nice secret potion, and tells you to see her grandma. Then, all of a sudden, when you beat the Elite Four and get to the Champion's Room, BOOM, it's her!

Alder, on the other hand, is seen once, not really doing anything impressive, just teaching some kids about battling. Then he jumps off of a cliff. And then you see him in N's castle. You don't even battle him until after the main game. I don't know, to me, he just didn't have that Champion mystique because we knew he was the Champion. That, and he didn't really do much in the story.

I do not understand why some of us giving more credit to Alder due to being more 'human'. In real life, have you ever seen a 'champion' like Alder? Most champions are much more like Cynthia. Jordan, KAJ, Maradona, Pele, Federer, Sampras, Prost etc. Cynthia acts like she is a true champion all the time and Alder does not most of the time.

Game-wise; Cynthia
    Champion-wise; Cynthia
    Character-wise(as seen in the anime); Cynthia but the gap is closer than other categories.

BTW: He is not classified as champion but Pyramid King Brandon is the only trainer that can beat Cynthia in the anime, IMO.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    Game-wise, Cynthia 100%. Alder just never gave off that Champion vibe in the games that the past Champs have, probably because he is out-rightly stated to be the Champion.

Cynthia introduces herself as just another trainer, but who studies mythology. She meets up with you from time to time to talk about the Pokedex, gives you HMCut and a nice secret potion, and tells you to see her grandma. Then, all of a sudden, when you beat the Elite Four and get to the Champion's Room, BOOM, it's her!

Alder, on the other hand, is seen once, not really doing anything impressive, just teaching some kids about battling. Then he jumps off of a cliff. And then you see him in N's castle. You don't even battle him until after the main game. I don't know, to me, he just didn't have that Champion mystique because we knew he was the Champion. That, and he didn't really do much in the story.
    Since you seem to like Naruto, try comparing Alder with Jiraiya. They share a lot of similar traits, and imo, Alder is better than Cynthia

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post

Since you seem to like Naruto, try comparing Alder with Jiraiya. They share a lot of similar traits, and imo, Alder is better than Cynthia
    They do! They're very alike to me, too! (I'm not alone~) So you like that personality better than Cynthia's?

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

@Team Gaara; personally yes. I love the carefree attitude, and everything they speak are results of old age - and therefore, are full of wisdom (except when they chase after women). They reached the very top position they can get - Jiraiya as the legendary ninja, and Alder as the champion, and they're looking at more things beyond that. Alder's question on "What will you do after you became a Pokemon Master?" gives young trainers to think further ahead, not just let them rush forward to achieve their goal, and get suddenly left with nothing to do.

Also, both experienced death of their partners, and therefore, has put more meaning in life than just pursuing strength. They were somewhat defeated by the younger generation with misguided ideals, Jiraiya to Nagato, and Alder to N. And they both put the future of the world in the protagonist's hands - trusting that they will become the new "hero"

Those similarities really made me like Alder very much. More than Cynthia. You can't ask for a better mentor of life than Alder/Jiraiya XDD

I'm not really a fan of either, but I'd go with Cynthia simply because she was more involved in the plot then Alder.

Happy Holidays! CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I'm gonna say Alder. Cynthia's character has always seemed a bit too mannequin-like for me. Alder has a lot more humanity and spunk. Obviously they're both incredibly talented trainers, but I think Alder has the edge.

I! AM NOT! A MORON! Sith Droideka's Avatar

I like Cynthia, sort-of, although I did hate how she would keep giving you stuff to deliver/use in DPPt and then arrive just after you're finished, making you wonder why, exactly, she bothered you if she was going to go there anyways.

But I find Alder kinda boring.

So, Cynthia (barely).
    ALL Pokémon Are EQUAL, But SOME Pokémon Are MORE EQUAL Than Others

Oceania is at war with Eurasia Eastasia Eurasia Eastasia, and has always been at war with them!

WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH. GOD IS POWER.

Next PolySci/Econ Test: November 8, 2016; Your crash-course will begin January 2013.

Galvantula ≥ Kyurem > Mewtwo > Arceus

To those users who like Alder because of his good "advice" he gave to Ash and his friends, I'd like to say this:
    Yes, his question was not that bad and worth thinking about but nevertheless it is not equal to all those wise words Cynthia said in so many episodes.
    First, the question " What do you want to to do after you've become a Pokemon Master?" implies that you can't get stronger anymore and have no more goals to reach then. I'm sorry, dear Alder fans, but this is nonsense. Every trainer, even a champion, can become stronger all his or her life because there simply is no point in a trainer's life where you can't get better anymore.

Second, some guys seem to forget that Cynthia also gave some advice that was much greater than Alder's. The latter was only talking about what happens after somebody has become a champion. Cynthia, however, said something to Ash and Paul in her debut episode that doesn't just refer to a certain point in a person's life but to their whole life. A piece of advice that lasts for a lifetime so to speak. Cynthia said that at first she wanted to become strong but then discovered the beauty and the richness of the world of Pokemon and that now she wants to get to know as much of it as possible.
    This, guys, is the true meaning of life in the Pokemon World and a highly mature and philosophical piece of advice that gives your life meaning even after you've become strong.
    "When I was younger, I used to dream of nothing other than becoming powerful through being victorious in battle, and so I trained endlessly."

Please visit the CYNTHIA CLUB

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast