What did you think of Paul/Shinji's role on the show and should he appear again? - Page 2

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: What did you think of Paul/Shinji's role on the show and should he appear again?

Excadrill est tres Beast Lafayette Excadrill's Avatar

Default Re: Does Paul have the potential to appear in the anime again?

Maybe Paul had a character reset like Ash, returned to his old ways, and released Snivy after 5 seconds because she only knew tackle. Snivy then vowed to become the strongest Snivy ever and learned Leaf Storm and Leaf Blade to get revenge on Paul.

Please don't take this post seriously :-P

Kip

If Paul appears again, I believe it will happen when/if the entire Pokemon anime comes to an end. I think he'd appear in order to help the writers attain a complete wrap-up for Ash, but not for himself. I agree that Paul's story has been wrapped up, and finished. I don't expect Paul to make a random appearance that doesn't serve a purpose. And the only purpose I can see him serving is as a marking point in Ash's own journey. In other words, if they ever decide to close up Ash's story, then I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Paul make an appearance at the end, even if just to show one part of Ash's journey.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd love for him to re-appear but I just don't see it happening.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I agree with those who said they'd like Cynthia's line from DP to follow through. Cynthia told Ash and Paul, "I'd like to battle you both at the Champion league someday."

Now since Looker got a BW appearance, I am with no doubt Cynthia will appear sometime in late BW.

I hope should Ash win the Unova league, Ash and Paul wind up meeting each other in the Champion league, and both take on a different set of Elite 4's.
    Ashfangirl22 likes this.

I LOVED (only caps can portray) Paul and Ash's rivalry. He was so mean, the kinda guy you wanted to hate but had to respect. You wanted Ash to defeat him at every turn. It felt so great to have Ash slowly catch up to Paul and overturn him at the last moment. Having Paul back would be unbelievably cool.

But. It won't happen. As far as Paul goes, he's going to change now with having Ash's nicer style of training actually prove victorious (and having that "wimpy" Chimchar kick his ass). He has no point to return, seeing as we won't recognize Paul as the guy we grew so connected to (or connected against) because, to follow the story without causing everyone to rage, he'd have to be nicer and more understanding of Pokemon. It's the kinda ending, as far as DP went, which the epilogue of certain characters if inferred because they were developed so well in the main plot. I wish Paul would show up again, but at the same time, he shouldn't.

I don't see why Paul wouldn't return plenty of past characters made reappearances (Brandon, Misty, May, Gary, Ritchie, Jasmine, Lance, Todd, Tracey, Mr Goodshow, The Magikarp salesman, Aya, etc) and they made special episodes for dawn and Brock. Plus Looker returned in best wishes and its highly possible Cynthia will make an appearance at some point.

Also, what would the do if they met up, probably battle, Gary and Ash had a battle once after Johto so why can't Paul and Ash. Torterra never got to take down Honchcrow so they could touch on that. I definitely think its possible for Paul to come back for an episode

Blog Entries

Paul can appear when Ash gets second in a league to tell Ash that he won a league inspiring Ash to win a league Just a idea

Also known as Kameinu. himanuts's Avatar
    Follow himanuts On Twitter Add himanuts on Facebook Add himanuts on Google+
    Follow himanuts on Tumblr Visit himanuts's Youtube Channel

So far I can only see him appearing at the tail end of BW when Ash returns to Kanto and pulling of what Gary did at the tail end of AG.

Proud Multishipper!! Emerald Gary's Avatar

For the thread at hand, I'd say Yes! He definately has this potential. He broke all the general rules by making many appearances and engaging himself in more battles with Ash something that Ash's former rivals never got to do during their tenure in the show. Writers can pull anything out of the blue to make Paul appear again in the show(If they want to do so). Sinnoh saga has proved us how unpredictable the writers can be regarding character appearances

Blog Entries

Follow Jaden on Tumblr Visit Jaden's Youtube Channel

I think he does. He's already gone to the other regions, so where else could he go?

Blog Entries

Follow Madame Pika on Tumblr

I'd love him to appear again. However with BW being the way it is, I doubt it will happen. Whilst I know that myself and others can think of things for him to do. (I'd love to see Shinji's battle with Jindai with one thing... and part of me is sort of hoping that the reason they had Shigeru appear in the Galatic Arc was so that they could have Shinji appear in a later Plasma arc.) I won't be disappointed if he never appears in Best Wishes though. I wonder though if he conflicts with the mood of Best Wishes to really appear anyway. Plus, as others have said he was wrapped up nicely enough anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    I agree with those who said they'd like Cynthia's line from DP to follow through. Cynthia told Ash and Paul, "I'd like to battle you both at the Champion league someday."

Now since Looker got a BW appearance, I am with no doubt Cynthia will appear sometime in late BW.

I hope should Ash win the Unova league, Ash and Paul wind up meeting each other in the Champion league, and both take on a different set of Elite 4's.
    I was about to say, cuz Best Wishes seems way different and Ash kind of seems rest {Kind of I said} Might not. However, you bring up a good point. Cynthia is in the games just like Looker was, he appeared in the the anime so she could too. If Paul appeared, man would I love for that to happen.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think the fact that Gary was related to Oak allowed the writers to easily bring him back. Paul isn't related to any older character and he doesn't have the nostalgia going for him.

Creator of Nathan Castle BlazeMaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rivals have come back before although I don't think that Paul will return in Unova . However if Ash journeys back to Gen 1-4 regions there is a possibility, also the potential to make him less of a JERK!

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

I'd love to see Shinji again, but I doubt he'd appear in BW unless it was relevant to the plot somehow. I can't imagine why or how Satoshi would have flash backs about him, or even Goukazaru, seeing as he's apparently left all his memories and past pokemon behind.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast