What did you think of the group dynamics of the DP trio?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: What did you think of the group dynamics of the DP trio?

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default What did you think of the group dynamics of the DP trio?

What did you think of the group dynamics and chemistry (or lack thereof) of the DP trio?

Do you think they felt like a real group of friends on an adventure? Were they balanced with good character interaction all around? Do you think Dawn and Brock felt like associates or real friends? Was Dawn's role in the main cast forced or artificial?

Do you think the DP trio holds up compared to the shows other groups?
    Last edited by Musashi; 2nd September 2011 at 06:01 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Default Re: What did you think of the group dynamics of the DP trio?

They felt like a family to me.

Ash/Dawn= Siblings
    Brock= The older, mature guy who keeps it all together

Brock and Dawn weren't associates, they were friends. Although the comparison in interactions between Ash/Dawn and Dawn/Brock shows how ridiculously better handled Ash/Dawn chemistry was, Dawn and Brock did have their moments.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

I don't honestly get why people are thinking Dawn and Brock didn't have a "true" friendship.

They seemed like true friends to the end helping each other out and supporting each others all the way. Not only that but, they've done things for each other and made each other a better person so much it's just plan ridiculous to claim there friendship wasn't "true".

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Hikari's friendship with Takeshi is same as Haruka's friendship with Takeshi: They are friends, but their friendship with him is not close like their friendship with Satoshi. (I hope that's not sounds retarded)
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    Hikari's friendship with Takeshi is same as Haruka's friendship with Takeshi: They are friends, but their friendship with him is not close like their friendship with Satoshi. (I hope that's not sounds retarded)
    This. They had a friendship, but they didn't really expand on it like they did Ash/Brock or Ash/Dawn.

"Playing around?" Wrong.

Blog Entries

Did Dawn and Brock ever speak to one another that didn't involve:

- Brock explaining battles to Dawn
    - Brock telling Dawn, "Let's go" because Ash was off somewhere and they had to catch up to him.
    - Brock giving Dawn instructions on how to heal injured pokemon.
    - Brock talking with her only because he was forced to and Ash wasn't there.

And vice versa, do you guys remember many instances of Dawn/Brock "friendship" moments?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Did Dawn and Brock ever speak to one another that didn't involve:

- Brock explaining battles to Dawn
    - Brock telling Dawn, "Let's go" because Ash was off somewhere and they had to catch up to him.
    - Brock giving Dawn instructions on how to heal injured pokemon.
    - Brock talking with her only because he was forced to and Ash wasn't there.

And vice versa, do you guys remember many instances of Dawn/Brock "friendship" moments?

I don't get what the heck is up with people these days, Dawn and Brock had a strong friendship. I just wonder who starts these bandwagons some times, just because it's repeated over and over doesn't make it true.
    Last edited by Bubble Frog; 4th June 2011 at 01:19 AM.

Blog Entries

Those are scenes of Dawn and Brock standing next to one another. Aside from the dancing one, they probably said no more than one line to each other in each.

Blog Entries

Those are scenes of Dawn and Brock standing next to one another. Aside from the dancing one, they probably said no more than one line to each other in each.
    Um....no. Brock and Dawn are both excited about swimming and talked about it together. There both sharing there mutual creepied out ness of Conway and said it to each other. They both were concerned and worried what to do and discussed it with each other. Dawn admired Brock's abilities in the first Picture. I honestly don't know what your getting at, they had a very powerful friendship.

Blog Entries

Virtually everything you said was basically one line each. Brock asked Dawn why she was wearing a cheerleading outfit, Dawn explained, it went no further than that. Conway did something creepy, said characters have a reaction. They didn't react TO each other about it.

And seriously, Brock and Dawn excited about going swimming? Where did you get that idea? That was from the summer school eps when the entire group was getting ready to swim with Angie. Dawn and Brock are standing next to each other, not, "having an interesting dynamic."

Blog Entries

Virtually everything you said was basically one line each.
    Sorry that's wrong.

Brock asked Dawn why she was wearing a cheerleading outfit, Dawn explained, it went no further than that.
    You said they had no interactions.
    Conway did something creepy, said characters have a reaction. They didn't react TO each other about it.
    They talked to each other and commented and shared there mutual feelings that's something friends do who are close.

And seriously, Brock and Dawn excited about going swimming? Where did you get that idea? That was from the summer school eps when the entire group was getting ready to swim with Angie. Dawn and Brock are standing next to each other, not, "having an interesting dynamic."
    There next to each other sharing there same feelings about a situation together, that's something friends do. Children friends. I had those type of interactions with my friends all the time. That's being a friend for children, I'm not sure how you look at things, but things aren't gonna be "lovey-dovey" they have a simple best friendship not some deep romantical love.

Last edited by Bubble Frog; 4th June 2011 at 01:27 AM.

Umm...You know, the DP trio was...okay, but a lot of times, it didn't really feel like a 'close' group...Brock oftentimes got extremely shafted...Him being the sidekick didn't mesh well for Dawn and Ash both getting the star treatment...There wasn't anyone for Brock to really fall back on in a supportive role kind a way...Even whenever a preview would come for a dramatic new episode, or the poster for a new movie, Ash and Dawn would strike fierce poses in the action, while Brock would get smaller shots, or none at all being left behind.

Ash and Brock had history together as traveling companions, so that was already established, though seemingly downplayed a bit in DP. Ash and Dawn grew to be close friends, both learning something from the other. Thing is, I didn't get that same closeness between Dawn and Brock. Hi Touch opening really showed that the bond between Ash and Dawn was the strongest, and most important....Dawn and Brock did have interaction, but I never saw them being that close, doing that "high-five buddy buddy" stuff anyways...

I know I'm going on and on, but I just feel like their roles made it hard for all of them to seem close to one another.

Gangsta's Paradise Froakie's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Froakie on Tumblr

I don't see the isshu with this group at all. What it looked like to me is a group of friends, where the younger two had a closer bond together, and the older one acting as a mentor. Maybe they didn't talk all the time - but there were definitely occasions when they spoke together. Seriously, what more do Cilan/Iris do to make them closer friends? I mean, I'm not trying to get this into a comparing thread - but Dawn and Brock most definitely did have chemistry together. Although it wasn't forced on us, they were obviously close friends. Did you really expect them to have heartfelt conversations every episode?

Blog Entries

That's one of the reasons, I never understood why people say that Dawn and Brock weren't good friends. They obviously were.

No, I'm talking about them not Ash people.

Blog Entries

Why didn't Dawn and Brock ever have an adventure together? The writers made many Ash/Dawn episodes where Brock was left behind for whatever reason, but I don't think there were any Dawn/Brock adventures.

There were eps where Ash ran ahead and Dawn/Brock were left behind, but it was just them trying to catch up to Ash and not really about themselves.

If Ash didn't exist at all, could you really imagine Dawn and Brock as traveling buddies? Its like they all existed because of the common friend of Ash.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast