Should Ash age or not ? - Page 9

View Poll Results: Should Ash age or not ?

Voters
200. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes,Ash should age by now

155 77.50%
  • No, Ash should remain a kid for rest of the series

45 22.50%
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Like Tree276Likes

Thread: Should Ash age or not ?

Default Re: Should Ash age or not ?

I think he should age but it feels like it's too late for that. I skipped a lot of seasons and started watching Best Wishes but got so tired of Ash going through the same things again. "Darn it, how could I have knows leaf beats water?" 'Cause you've been a trainer for 6 years goddamn it!! Of course it has to be like that to get the new generations of kids to start watching. I'd love for them to start another pokemon anime perhaps. A more serious and smart anime for us who have been along from the start could really enjoy and sympathise with. It really feels like they've lost track of the main idea and now there are just fillers. That's how I feel atleast...
    Last edited by periculant; 24th March 2012 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Queen View Post
    he should be about 25 years old by now
    He wouldn't be that old... time in the anime isn't the same as time in real life, lol. But I definitely see your point if he was that old, lol. It would still make sense if he's collecting badges at that age (as they've shown older characters competeing), but it wouldn't be entertaining.
    I have calculated that he's probably around 16. Which is not too old, even for the show. I guess they would run into the problem if the show goes on for too long because he would eventually get to the point of being 25, but as it is (if he was 16) it's not a problem.
    Another thing that doesn't make sense to me is Pikachu's battle experience. I know the anime is very loose on "levels", but Pikachu seems to be way under-experienced. All of Pikachu's experience through 6 regions has got to have accumulated at least somewhat. It is hard to believe that some random novice trainer sending out an obviously low-levelled Pokémon would even have a chance against Pikachu, yet they do, sometimes even beating Pikachu.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by dannyjenn View Post
    Another thing that doesn't make sense to me is Pikachu's battle experience. I know the anime is very loose on "levels", but Pikachu seems to be way under-experienced. All of Pikachu's experience through 6 regions has got to have accumulated at least somewhat. It is hard to believe that some random novice trainer sending out an obviously low-levelled Pokémon would even have a chance against Pikachu, yet they do, sometimes even beating Pikachu.
    ...maybe Pika gains one experience point per battle...

He should have aged.
    They've already screwed up all continuity now, so there's not much point.
    If he had aged, he could have been at least twelve or something.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/images/signaturepics/sigpic57049_1.gif

Blog Entries

Yeah, I would definitely say he should age, just not too much. Hoenn seemed just about right; he was clever enough to get creative in battles, but not to the point where he would be too "pro".

Blog Entries

I think he should have, if only to have a physical representation of his growth as a Pokemon trainer. Nothing too profound, but a steady growth from kid -> pre-teen -> a well-adjusted teenager would have fit his character as the sagas went on and he learned and experienced new things.

Blog Entries

I don't really care if he aged or not, but the anime made it seem like he was older than he actually was, then they confirmed that he was still 10 and made the mistake of regressing his character in BW. So I vote for that he should age and keep his maturity.

I dont believe so. I only think they would show an aged version when the series comes to an end and he is looking back on his travels with his own children.

Awe come on. They don't have to make him 27 or anything like that(Which he should be), but they could have atleast made him 11 or 12. Is that bad? Is it really bad? No. The writers are just trolls!

Blog Entries

I personally don't see how Satoshi would be any different than he is now at 11 or 12, which is why I think it would be pointless.
    Hidden Mew likes this.

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

ash should never age! EVER!!!
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    I personally don't see how Satoshi would be any different than he is now at 11 or 12, which is why I think it would be pointless.
    Exactly. He would still be dumb and hyper. So I don't see why they couldn't make him age a year or two.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Exactly. He would still be dumb and hyper. So I don't see why they couldn't make him age a year or two.
    Probably because doing something that ends up being pointless is a waste of time?

People will end up being more disappointed that nothing ever changed because he aged. A narrator saying "Ash, now 12 years old, once again starts his journey..." and then the same old would really appease people?
    Hidden Mew likes this.

I don't know really... It's kind of pointless for him to suddenly have started aging now. Besides in comics kids don't age and nobody gives a flip.

It used to bother me but now it doesn't really.

El_
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N) View Post
    ash should never age! EVER!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post

Ash already turned 11 in a special.

As long as they handled his progression like they did in late Johto -> Hoenn -> Sinnoh then I see no problem in letting him age just a few years. In those sagas he was already acting as one would expect an older Ash to be in character and skill.

11 in Johto, 12 in Hoenn, and 13 during Sinnoh sounds just right while at the same time not too much.
    Momoka likes this.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast