Should Ash age or not ? - Page 16

View Poll Results: Should Ash age or not ?

Voters
200. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes,Ash should age by now

155 77.50%
  • No, Ash should remain a kid for rest of the series

45 22.50%
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree276Likes

Thread: Should Ash age or not ?

Default Re: Should Ash age or not ?

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Togekiss View Post
    Had they not said Ash was still 10 at the beginning of BW, we wouldn't have these problems. saying Ash was 10 has completely f***ed up the continuity of the series, after previously stating the passage of time and even having Ash's birthday. It would make a lot more sense to not state his age at all and have the viewers guess his age.
    Having Ash age would make much more sense.
    Ash had a birthday? Where was I when this happened?
    Maybe they're confusing Ash and Pikachu's 1 year anniversary from one of those movie shorts with an actual birthday? Still, most of the movies/specials aren't canon to the actual storyline with a few exceptions.
    Pokemon White FC: 0648 4815 7165
    Pokemon White 2 FC: 3869 6438 9106

Blog Entries

I don't think that Ash should age. THis sries is for kids of different generation, they're better identified with a 10-year old Ash than a 14-15 year-old Ash. And I love that the series said that Ash is 10 at the start of BW. Because this can close discussion about the age of Ash when is obvious that Ash hasn't aged since the start. Is the magic of a cartoon, time passes but no one ages.

And a question for you. IN THE Dawn's cameo (this week in the US) how old we'll be in it (info: IN DP1 is stated to be 10)

Quote Originally Posted by aloasa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raichuu View Post
    I believe Ash should age because in Black and White 2, Bianca ages so imagine if Ash was still 10 and Bianca was like what? 15-17ish
    But Bianca didn't age in the anime.
    for now.......

Well in the japanese anime I had seen Bianca was at least a little older. with her hair at a side like crystal in the pokemon comic book
    Black Friend Code: 2280 2589 4167
    I have Legendaries For Trade http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f601/pokedex-fillers-shinies-foriegn-legendaries-so-much-more-144886/#post4546955
    Jalapeno!!!

Blog Entries

It depends on what you mean by 'age'. If you're asking if I'd like him to visibly get older, for him to become a teenager and actually look like a teenager, then the answer is no. Sure, I'm incredibly curious as to what he would look like and behave (after all, he has been the protagonist for years, and a lot of us have inevitably grown attached to him) but I don't want him to get older while he is still the protagonist. I'd only like to see that in some sort of Next-Gen spinoff (if ever there would be one) or a brief peek at the future. Pokémon always had this distinct whimsical undertone, and I don't think an older protagonist burdened with all the problems that comes with age would be able to preserve that undertone. I imagine it would feel a little weird, at least. And because of the less relatable protagonist, the show would also become less popular with the younger audience, which actually makes up the bulk of the fanbase.

But if you mean for him to simply get older, then yes, hell yes. Make him 11; just one year would satisfy. Really, I bet everyone's wondering how the hell he got through 5 regions in less than a year. Keeping him ten is just being unrealistic. Though I understand that Pokémon was never meant to be realistic, I don't think that one year would hurt, either.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfyre View Post
    But if you mean for him to simply get older, then yes, hell yes. Make him 11; just one year would satisfy. Really, I bet everyone's wondering how the hell he got through 5 regions in less than a year. Keeping him ten is just being unrealistic. Though I understand that Pokémon was never meant to be realistic, I don't think that one year would hurt, either.
    I dunno; I get the feeling that if the writers tried this, you'd get a situation where they give an inch and the fans try to take a mile- that is, they'd see that they age him a bit, and decide that if they can do that much they can and should keep aging him into a teen or what have you.

You have a good point about an older Ash not meshing with the generally whimsical tone of the show, though.

Perhaps a small bit like 13 years old. No need to change his appearance really except perhaps make him slightly taller.

Blog Entries

Ash should probably age a small amount. Not enough to be a drastic change, but just barely enough so that he keeps most of his child-like charm. Most. Eventually, he should mature a little. Maybe, just maybe, his Pokémon journey should come to a close as someone else's journey starts. But that may or may not drive fans furious.

Banner made by Sir Caprizant.

Blog Entries

Personally, if he's not going to age..they should keep his level of maturity.

Blog Entries

I think if they age him, he should age into a Brock-type character who is replaced with a new protagonist but still goes along on the journey to offer advice. He could even have his own little "sidequest", like perhaps he is traveling around X region to fight the Elite Four while the new protagonist is with him collecting badges and the new girl is doing contests/nothing.

That's the only situation in which I would be ok with Ash aging.
    YamiiDenryuu likes this.

Visit Dralcax's Youtube Channel

This Calvinian time loop is getting annoying. I mean, his 11th birthday was even in the Pikachu & Pichu short, but no, he's still ten. I'd like to see him at least reach age 15. I mean, a good story has to have a dynamic protagonist grow and mature over the course of the story. Somehow, Ash keeps starting again at square one halfway through his development. Iris is right.

"Ash, you're such a kid!"
    harryheart likes this.

Ash's age resets after every region is the only viable solution. But, how many children would like to see a grown man, no even a teenager, trying to become a Pokemon Master? (I would personally like to see Ash all grown up, trying to become a Pokemon Master. I would definitely get back into the anime.) But to answer the question, yes Ash should age.

RONALDO!!
    Blog Entries

It is crime that they didn't let Ash age. Why is Ash still 10?? It just devalues his experience as a Pokemon trainer and what he has accomplish!!
    For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

If they're not going replace Ash because he's too iconic to leave, then they should at least make him 15-ish. I don't understand why they HAD to keep him a 10-year-old child when kids are fine with all sorts of older protagonists in other animes.

Moderator harryheart's Avatar Moderator

Yes I think Ash should age too but I can see the problem that they could face if he keeps aging as by now they'd probably have to replace him which doesn't seem tk be something they want. However, it depends on how quickly they aged him and for what purpose so it could work and to this day have him only be 12/13.
    Credits to Sweet May and DanChimchar from Serebii
    For the Banner

Will Rip Titles 4 Money speedingbulletbill's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow speedingbulletbill On Twitter Add speedingbulletbill on Facebook Add speedingbulletbill on Google+ Add speedingbulletbill on MySpace
    Add speedingbulletbill on Linkedin Follow speedingbulletbill on Tumblr Follow speedingbulletbill on Flickr Visit speedingbulletbill's Youtube Channel

Yes, he should. I don't see the point in keeping him 10.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast