Should Ash age or not ? - Page 15

View Poll Results: Should Ash age or not ?

Voters
200. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes,Ash should age by now

155 77.50%
  • No, Ash should remain a kid for rest of the series

45 22.50%
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Ash age or not ?

Default Re: Should Ash age or not ?

[QUOTE=FinalSynFrey;4397973]
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Eevee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by periculant View Post
    I think he should age but it feels like it's too late for that. I skipped a lot of seasons and started watching Best Wishes but got so tired of Ash going through the same things again. "Darn it, how could I have knows leaf beats water?" 'Cause you've been a trainer for 6 years goddamn it!! Of course it has to be like that to get the new generations of kids to start watching. I'd love for them to start another pokemon anime perhaps. A more serious and smart anime for us who have been along from the start could really enjoy and sympathise with. It really feels like they've lost track of the main idea and now there are just fillers. That's how I feel atleast...
    Yes, A spinoff, which Satoshi is about 13-15 and a LOT smarter and mature in battles, but still as dense about love as he already is, so the anime won't get shippy.
    But doesn't Teenagers experience at least little LOVE towards a girl/boy? Ash could potentially be with a girl, but I'd rather let them do that towards the Series Finale. Or maybe when they show Ash when he is in his adult years, they will show who his Lifetime Partner is.
    The thing about that is, would the fans even give his lifetime partner a chance if it's not someone who was a main girl on the show?
    That's the only reason I don't want him to Ash is because the shipping section will have a "caution" sign on it.

Getting back on topic, a spinoff would be a great start to finally age Ash. Although the big gap between 10 to 13 or whatever age he is going to be would cause a little confusion for SOME people. Take example, the first Episode of BW, the narrator stated that Ash is still TEN and If possible after Best Wishes, he suddenly went from 10 to maybe 13? That would be a problem for the NEW viewers because of the sudden age gap. I really don't know how they can find a proper way of telling Ash's age. They should have done this YEARS ago which would make Ash 15 or 16 by now.
    That sounds like a good idea. Having something like a chronical for him would be nice. Since he would be older, he would probably be traveling by himself anyway. That could be interesting to see how stronger he would be and how handsome he would look.

Blog Entries
    Follow FinalSynFrey On Twitter
    Visit FinalSynFrey's Youtube Channel

[QUOTE=Caseydia;4398023]
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalSynFrey View Post
    I think he should age but it feels like it's too late for that. I skipped a lot of seasons and started watching Best Wishes but got so tired of Ash going through the same things again. "Darn it, how could I have knows leaf beats water?" 'Cause you've been a trainer for 6 years goddamn it!! Of course it has to be like that to get the new generations of kids to start watching. I'd love for them to start another pokemon anime perhaps. A more serious and smart anime for us who have been along from the start could really enjoy and sympathise with. It really feels like they've lost track of the main idea and now there are just fillers. That's how I feel atleast...
    Yes, A spinoff, which Satoshi is about 13-15 and a LOT smarter and mature in battles, but still as dense about love as he already is, so the anime won't get shippy.
    But doesn't Teenagers experience at least little LOVE towards a girl/boy? Ash could potentially be with a girl, but I'd rather let them do that towards the Series Finale. Or maybe when they show Ash when he is in his adult years, they will show who his Lifetime Partner is.
    The thing about that is, would the fans even give his lifetime partner a chance if it's not someone who was a main girl on the show?
    That's the only reason I don't want him to Ash is because the shipping section will have a "caution" sign on it.

Getting back on topic, a spinoff would be a great start to finally age Ash. Although the big gap between 10 to 13 or whatever age he is going to be would cause a little confusion for SOME people. Take example, the first Episode of BW, the narrator stated that Ash is still TEN and If possible after Best Wishes, he suddenly went from 10 to maybe 13? That would be a problem for the NEW viewers because of the sudden age gap. I really don't know how they can find a proper way of telling Ash's age. They should have done this YEARS ago which would make Ash 15 or 16 by now.
    That sounds like a good idea. Having something like a chronical for him would be nice. Since he would be older, he would probably be traveling by himself anyway. That could be interesting to see how stronger he would be and how handsome he would look.
    Honestly, I don't see a reason to fight over what girl Ash should be with. Sure, he may not end up with a main girl on the show, but at least respect the writer's decision.
    I support AdvanceShipping, but even If he doesn't go with May, I'll still be happy that he is at least with someone.

I still don't know how they can tell a better story when Ash is traveling by himself. It would be too boring just to see him travel alone without any friends.

Couldn't find a decent Fan Art for Ash in his older years, but this should be a close reference to what he should look like.

[QUOTE=FinalSynFrey;4399328]
    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post

Honestly, I don't see a reason to fight over what girl Ash should be with. Sure, he may not end up with a main girl on the show, but at least respect the writer's decision.
    I support AdvanceShipping, but even If he doesn't go with May, I'll still be happy that he is at least with someone.

I still don't know how they can tell a better story when Ash is traveling by himself. It would be too boring just to see him travel alone without any friends.

Couldn't find a decent Fan Art for Ash in his older years, but this should be a close reference to what he should look like.
    And here we go......

The reason why I mention shipping is because as the characters grow older some things like romance might actually take place. However, since most shipping fans can't be argued with, if Ash happens to choose some random girl in the future that we know nothing about as his girlfriend/wife then a mob might take place. That's the only reason why I think he shouldn't age until the show is about to end. That way people can see the ending credits and argue about it in the forums like animals.

You think you're bad, don't ya? Karamazov's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Karamazov on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Ash will canonically turn 11 the day timmy Turner does.
    Timmy Turner actually did turn 11, though I think he's 12 now.

And on the subject of Ash, I don't want him to age. I'd like to see what he would look like when he's older, but I don't see how aging would really affect the series in the long run. Plus when I was a kid and started watching the show, I liked how Ash and the other characters were closer to my age. It was a time where adult or teen superheroes reigned supreme, so a child hero appealed to be when I was 10.
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

Blog Entries
    Follow FinalSynFrey On Twitter
    Visit FinalSynFrey's Youtube Channel

[QUOTE=Caseydia;4399691]

And here we go......

The reason why I mention shipping is because as the characters grow older some things like romance might actually take place. However, since most shipping fans can't be argued with, if Ash happens to choose some random girl in the future that we know nothing about as his girlfriend/wife then a mob might take place. That's the only reason why I think he shouldn't age until the show is about to end. That way people can see the ending credits and argue about it in the forums like animals.
    I still don't get why people rage over Shippings If they don't become canon. There's always fanfictions?
    Anyways, I think It would be better If they actually show Ash's girlfriend/wife towards the end of the Series so It won't break the existing Storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Karamazov View Post

And on the subject of Ash, I don't want him to age. I'd like to see what he would look like when he's older, but I don't see how aging would really affect the series in the long run. Plus when I was a kid and started watching the show, I liked how Ash and the other characters were closer to my age. It was a time where adult or teen superheroes reigned supreme, so a child hero appealed to be when I was 10.
    Something I want to point out. First, how exactly is that going to work? You said that you want to see how he will look like when he is older. This would involve for Ash to age. So your saying that you want to see him look old at the age of 10? Second, aging Ash would at least bring more progress to his goal to become a Pokemon Master. Can you achieve to become a Pokemon Master at the age of 10? Not only that, It would at least make him look like a much more matured and experienced trainer.

Also, why is that in Naruto: Shippuden, most of the characters aged, while still continuing from the Original Naruto series? The writers/producers of Pokemon should at least look into how the producers made Naruto: Shippuden and should come up with ideas on how they are going to finally improve Ash's character development and giving him a new set of things to do. Not just regular Gym Battles, but a much more intense and challenging competitions. He should also catch many more Pokemon and train them. I mean there are so many opportunities for Ash to do once he ages, but his age is the one pulling him back from moving forward.

Honestly, I am tired of seeing Ash doing the same thing over and over. Basically goes to a new Region to collect 8 Gym Battles then compete in the Pokemon League then returns home and cycle goes on. Which is why I stopped watching Pokemon at some point of Diamond and Pearl. I have followed Ash since the Original Kanto days and he has not changed much.

Blog Entries

Something I want to point out. First, how exactly is that going to work? You said that you want to see how he will look like when he is older. This would involve for Ash to age. So your saying that you want to see him look old at the age of 10? Second, aging Ash would at least bring more progress to his goal to become a Pokemon Master. Can you achieve to become a Pokemon Master at the age of 10? Not only that, It would at least make him look like a much more matured and experienced trainer.
    They could show a flash-forward of him when he's older, or have a time-travel episode where he see how he turns out. I'm just curious as to what he would look like, but I don't want to see him age.

And age likely doesn't have anything to do with becoming a Pokemon Master, since we don't even know how to become one. He's 10 right now, and he's already accomplished a ton of shit. He almost won the Sinnoh League had it not been for Trollbias. And I think it's too easy to just skip forward a couple of years and have Ash learn all this stuff off-screen - it feels like a cheap way of developing his character, when he could just learn everything he needs to learn now.

And Ash is already a mature and experienced Trainer. Admittedly, people rarely acknowledge his achievements.

Also, why is that in Naruto: Shippuden, most of the characters aged, while still continuing from the Original Naruto series? The writers/producers of Pokemon should at least look into how the producers made Naruto: Shippuden and should come up with ideas on how they are going to finally improve Ash's character development and giving him a new set of things to do. Not just regular Gym Battles, but a much more intense and challenging competitions. He should also catch many more Pokemon and train them. I mean there are so many opportunities for Ash to do once he ages, but his age is the one pulling him back from moving forward.
    I stopped watching Shippuden after the Pain shit, so I can't verify what you're talking about, sorry. But I don't see why he can't have more intense battles and catch more Pokemon the way he is now. The writers would just need to work a little harder to show his growth, is all.

Honestly, I am tired of seeing Ash doing the same thing over and over. Basically goes to a new Region to collect 8 Gym Battles then compete in the Pokemon League then returns home and cycle goes on. Which is why I stopped watching Pokemon at some point of Diamond and Pearl. I have followed Ash since the Original Kanto days and he has not changed much.
    He has to do this cycle since the Badge Quest is a major part of all the main-series games, which the anime is supposed to be advertising. And getting Badges and competing in the Pokemon League seem to be pertinent toward reaching his goal, it wouldn't make sense to cut it out. (Unless there was some other way of becoming a Pokemon Master that wasn't mentioned in the past 15 years.) odds are Ash would probably continue getting Badges since that's helping him towards his goal, no matter his age.

tl;dr I feel that what can be accomplished by aging or a timeskip could also be done in Ash's current age, if the writers put a little more effort into him. Aging as a solution to all his problems feels a little cheap; I'd rather see him learn on his own than let time work its magic.
    Last edited by Karamazov; 12th October 2012 at 10:55 PM.
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

Visit ciciweezil96's Youtube Channel

I ws nerdy enough to calculate how old he might be and i estimate he should be turning 15 halfway through his adventures in Unova. That's what I think should happen. I only did the math because i heard that he called himself 10 years old in Best Wishes

Quote Originally Posted by Samurott View Post
    I know it may be unrelated, but I need to know. Do any of the long-running anime that have characters that do not age also have a continuous storyline? I honestly do not know. I ask because that seems to be the only issue having to do with time being stuck in a loop. It works for the Simpsons since it doesn't have a continuity, so I need to know if any anime are like that.
    Actually pokemon shouldnt be on a time loop since thy bring in old characters from seasons past. They can't put Ash on a time-loop because of the fact that they make the seasons continuous. Honestley all they need to do is have him say he is older.

[QUOTE=FinalSynFrey;4400531]

And here we go......

I still don't get why people rage over Shippings If they don't become canon. There's always fanfictions?
    Anyways, I think It would be better If they actually show Ash's girlfriend/wife towards the end of the Series so It won't break the existing Storyline.

Crap that's a lot of stuff at the top. anyways I just wanted to say that they could very easily have ash say he is 15 randomly and it would make no difference in th minds of little kids especially when you consider how different the dub is now since pokemon america took it over from that other group(crap i cant remember their name). Anyways if they can suddenly stop calling rice balls sandwiches then i think they can suddenly stop calling ash 10. And yes. In the original series the dub called rice balls sandwiches. It was ridiculous. When Pokemon America took over it started calling them rice balls again but it was ridiculous. They thought american children wouldn't know what rice balls were. I've been eating then since I could chew food.
    Last edited by Hidden Mew; 14th October 2012 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Merging posts

Blog Entries
    Add L-05308 on Facebook
    Visit L-05308's Youtube Channel

For the record, he should be going on 26!

I believe Ash should age because in Black and White 2, Bianca ages so imagine if Ash was still 10 and Bianca was like what? 15-17ish
    Black Friend Code: 2280 2589 4167
    I have Legendaries For Trade http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f601/pokedex-fillers-shinies-foriegn-legendaries-so-much-more-144886/#post4546955
    Jalapeno!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raichuu View Post
    I believe Ash should age because in Black and White 2, Bianca ages so imagine if Ash was still 10 and Bianca was like what? 15-17ish
    But Bianca didn't age in the anime.
    Team Fairy

Sprites from Serebii.net

The sound of drums
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raichuu View Post
    But Bianca didn't age in the anime.
    for now.......

At one point in my life. I honestly used to feel a bit happy knowing me and ash were about the same age,and as I kept watching....and the seasons went by 7 years later I'm eager to watch the first episode of best wishes. Hoping he'd seem a bit more grown,anything indicating him aged at all. *tv says he's 10* I changed the channel...
    Last edited by Yu Narukami; 28th October 2012 at 09:39 PM.

"Persona!"

Arms... like... nooodles! The Togekiss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow The Togekiss on Tumblr

Had they not said Ash was still 10 at the beginning of BW, we wouldn't have these problems. saying Ash was 10 has completely f***ed up the continuity of the series, after previously stating the passage of time and even having Ash's birthday. It would make a lot more sense to not state his age at all and have the viewers guess his age.
    Having Ash age would make much more sense.

Or there could be another reason why Ash doesn't age while time passes.
    He is secretly sucking the life force of the virgin maidens that he travels with, obtaining immortality while doing so.
    The maidens leave him because they know his secret...
    Last edited by Karamazov; 30th October 2012 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Adding content

My deviantArt account... http://thetogekiss.deviantart.com/
    Claimed: Togekiss (yay!) ,Oblivious, Pokeradar,and Razor Fang! July 8th, 2012, Air Slash July 20th, 2012

Lost in the numbers :S Jacko19863's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Togekiss, That is some messed up thinking.

I like where you're going with it though.

Then shippers kill everyone in mad rage because sucking life force isnt romantic enough (No offense, Guys)
    I've claimed
    Pokémon
    Zoroark (26/9/12)

Moves
    Earthquake (26/9/12)
    Items
    Tidal Bell (26/9/12)
    DeepSeaTooth (26/9/12)
    Abilities
    Magnet Pull (26/9/12)

Quote Originally Posted by The Togekiss View Post
    Had they not said Ash was still 10 at the beginning of BW, we wouldn't have these problems. saying Ash was 10 has completely f***ed up the continuity of the series, after previously stating the passage of time and even having Ash's birthday. It would make a lot more sense to not state his age at all and have the viewers guess his age.
    Having Ash age would make much more sense.
    Ash had a birthday? Where was I when this happened?

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast