Should Ash age or not ? - Page 14

View Poll Results: Should Ash age or not ?

Voters
200. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes,Ash should age by now

155 77.50%
  • No, Ash should remain a kid for rest of the series

45 22.50%
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree276Likes

Thread: Should Ash age or not ?

Default Re: Should Ash age or not ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Kamex View Post

But why would he have to get even as high as, say, middle age if he were hypothetically going to age after all?
    The laws of physics say so.

I am strongly against Ash aging and I'll explain why. Ash is meant to represent the target audience, which is typically 10 years old. Yes, I know there are a lot of fans who are over 10, even me, but this show isn't targeted to an older audience. At the end of the day, they are targeting the children and keeping Ash 10 years old is the best way to hvae them relate to the show. And all these theories about Ash growing up and becoming a different person is just too mature for a show like this. If anything, the show doesn't want anything to do with "growing up" as that might mean growing out of Pokémon. So people need to stop obsessing over Ash's age. They might as well be asking why even American shows like Dora the Explorer, The Simpsons, Family Guy, etc hasn't grown up either.

Quote Originally Posted by U-missed-a-spot View Post
    No, he should not age. Nobody wants to see him with wrinkles and a wheelchair. It's bad enough he already has the memory loss.
    No one is saying the boy has to grow up to be 49 years old. Most just want him to reach age 11 without the some non sense about mentioning what Ash age he is.

But reaching age 11 would have no real point?

But reaching age 11 would have no real point?
    It'd be better than being ten for over 15 years.

Visit BlackHawk42's Youtube Channel

He should age but lets be realistic the reason they keep him from ageing is to gain new audience

Sig Created by Me :D

Advanceshipping Ftw

I! AM NOT! A MORON! Sith Droideka's Avatar

Well, what'd be best is if they cycled protagonists ala Pokémon Adventures, but we all know that's not going to happen. In any case, if Ash represents the target audience and is thus 10, then how come Hilda/Hilbert were 15?
    ALL Pokémon Are EQUAL, But SOME Pokémon Are MORE EQUAL Than Others

Oceania is at war with Eurasia Eastasia Eurasia Eastasia, and has always been at war with them!

WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH. GOD IS POWER.

Next PolySci/Econ Test: November 8, 2016; Your crash-course will begin January 2013.

Galvantula ≥ Kyurem > Mewtwo > Arceus

To be perfectly honest?
    It would have been better if they never mentioned his age after Kanto at all.
    At the very least, the fans could still dream then. But alas, they Jossed it, just like they Jossed my theory of the BW2 kids' English names being Henry, Hannah and Gray.
    It would be best for everyone if they never brought up old Ashy's age ever again.
    martianmister, Duque and Caseydia like this.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/images/signaturepics/sigpic57049_1.gif

Blog Entries

Okay at first we thought each region was a year and the events such as league and the grand festival happen every year. Well problem is Ash is still ten. Okay then the events are still annual but for different regions they happen at different times. Problem there too Paul competed in Kanto Johto and Hoenn and we didn't see him on the brackets and he's pretty fucking good also May had her Johto Journey at the same time as Dawn's Sinnoh Journey. And now their is another wallace cup.

Okay maybe Paul's eleven and Grand Festivals since they are less popular happen every month. Would Paul mention a few other regions and Morrison mentioned two months of waiting I know Ash is important to her but she didn't stay with him forever so that would mean she would have taken a LOOOOOOOOOONG sabbatical and May was still fresh in Drew and Harley's mind when she was in Kanto. That would mean they spent two grand Festivals without her that's a lot of experience they would act differently towards her.

Ash's and Gary's dialogue indicated that they haven't seen each other in a very long time.

Ash should age NOT because older viewers feel weird or so he could date but so time flows naturally so we don't have to deal with this retcon nightmare.

The only good explanation I seen is that humans in the anime's universe have a longer lifespan and truth is Ash isn't ten he's the equivalent of ten. The only one who mentioned ten recently was the narrator. The thing is though I read that on a TV tropes WMG page and if that's where the only good theory comes the anime's got problems.

But one could argue it doesn't matter it should just have appeal to kids so Satoshi should be young cause the writers want him to be. But do they want him to be I mean despite Ash being the youngest age possible to be a trainer they are trainers that look significantly younger than him and here's another thing this happened in season 1 the writers from the beginning seem to want Ash to be older then other trainers. So aging him could allow new stories to be told that aren't about dating or going through your teenage woes.
    Last edited by Phoenixphlare; 8th October 2012 at 07:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Blog Entries

Ash will canonically turn 11 the day timmy Turner does.

OPPAN GARY STYLE! Little Miss Eevee's Avatar

Rather than letting the shippers get their way, and have a 15 year old Satoshi, I'd prefer if he stayed as mature as he was in AG just didn't get hit with the "Stupid-Ray" anymore. He could have an oppinion on love, calling it supid and refusing to acknowledge stuff like it, or just be oblivious for comic relief. It would crush the shipper's dreams. He'd look about Hilbert's age, and be mature, but his age would be ambiguous, so he seemed about 14-15. I'd just like it if he had the carefree tendancies of Ben in Ben Ten: Alien Force, enjoying the little things like Mr. Smoothy rather than the whole "LOVE AND SHIPPING AND WOE IS ME, I'M A TEENAGER" crap.
    Caseydia likes this.

All Eeveelutions are equal, but some are more equal than others.
    Banner made by me! I have officially claimed Minccino on the 13-11-12

Want a baby Pokemon or an Eevee? Here's my FC (I like shinies)
    1249-7189-3936

OSHAWHAT?

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Kamex View Post

But why would he have to get even as high as, say, middle age if he were hypothetically going to age after all?
    The laws of physics say so.
    They've already been ignoring that when they kept Ash 10 for so long. There were even flashbacks for when he's been younger. Just because he'd go to at least 11 doesn't mean he automatically has to keep aging.

In general I see the criticism of not wanting see Ash be middle age or something to that effect. Hypothetically, he doesn't have to age that far.

Whether or not it should be considered pointless is a whole different story.
    Seasons =/= Regions

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Eevee View Post
    Rather than letting the shippers get their way, and have a 15 year old Satoshi, I'd prefer if he stayed as mature as he was in AG just didn't get hit with the "Stupid-Ray" anymore. He could have an oppinion on love, calling it supid and refusing to acknowledge stuff like it, or just be oblivious for comic relief. It would crush the shipper's dreams. He'd look about Hilbert's age, and be mature, but his age would be ambiguous, so he seemed about 14-15. I'd just like it if he had the carefree tendancies of Ben in Ben Ten: Alien Force, enjoying the little things like Mr. Smoothy rather than the whole "LOVE AND SHIPPING AND WOE IS ME, I'M A TEENAGER" crap.
    Wait alien force is over already? I havent seen that show in years. SOmeone on the group always gets hit by it at the start of the series, if the girl doesn't get hit then Ash will.

OPPAN GARY STYLE! Little Miss Eevee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by periculant View Post
    I think he should age but it feels like it's too late for that. I skipped a lot of seasons and started watching Best Wishes but got so tired of Ash going through the same things again. "Darn it, how could I have knows leaf beats water?" 'Cause you've been a trainer for 6 years goddamn it!! Of course it has to be like that to get the new generations of kids to start watching. I'd love for them to start another pokemon anime perhaps. A more serious and smart anime for us who have been along from the start could really enjoy and sympathise with. It really feels like they've lost track of the main idea and now there are just fillers. That's how I feel atleast...
    Yes, A spinoff, which Satoshi is about 13-15 and a LOT smarter and mature in battles, but still as dense about love as he already is, so the anime won't get shippy.

All Eeveelutions are equal, but some are more equal than others.
    Banner made by me! I have officially claimed Minccino on the 13-11-12

Want a baby Pokemon or an Eevee? Here's my FC (I like shinies)
    1249-7189-3936

Blog Entries
    Follow FinalSynFrey On Twitter
    Visit FinalSynFrey's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Eevee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by periculant View Post
    I think he should age but it feels like it's too late for that. I skipped a lot of seasons and started watching Best Wishes but got so tired of Ash going through the same things again. "Darn it, how could I have knows leaf beats water?" 'Cause you've been a trainer for 6 years goddamn it!! Of course it has to be like that to get the new generations of kids to start watching. I'd love for them to start another pokemon anime perhaps. A more serious and smart anime for us who have been along from the start could really enjoy and sympathise with. It really feels like they've lost track of the main idea and now there are just fillers. That's how I feel atleast...
    Yes, A spinoff, which Satoshi is about 13-15 and a LOT smarter and mature in battles, but still as dense about love as he already is, so the anime won't get shippy.
    But doesn't Teenagers experience at least little LOVE towards a girl/boy? Ash could potentially be with a girl, but I'd rather let them do that towards the Series Finale. Or maybe when they show Ash when he is in his adult years, they will show who his Lifetime Partner is.

Getting back on topic, a spinoff would be a great start to finally age Ash. Although the big gap between 10 to 13 or whatever age he is going to be would cause a little confusion for SOME people. Take example, the first Episode of BW, the narrator stated that Ash is still TEN and If possible after Best Wishes, he suddenly went from 10 to maybe 13? That would be a problem for the NEW viewers because of the sudden age gap. I really don't know how they can find a proper way of telling Ash's age. They should have done this YEARS ago which would make Ash 15 or 16 by now.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast