Should Ash age or not ? - Page 11

View Poll Results: Should Ash age or not ?

Voters
200. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes,Ash should age by now

155 77.50%
  • No, Ash should remain a kid for rest of the series

45 22.50%
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree276Likes

Thread: Should Ash age or not ?

Default Re: Should Ash age or not ?

Quote Originally Posted by El_ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I guess it would be cool if he aged. But if they said he was 12 and he's still acting the way he's acting, would people really care if he's a certain age or not?
    I know I wouldn't. Age is only numbers. Boys mature differently from girls anyhow, so the writers could have still made him a dim whit again and it wouldn't matter.
    What about the way that he was acting in Hoenn and Sinnoh? Thats pretty much what sums up an older more mature Ash. Even in late Johto he shown some maturity, or at least that his experiences were starting to change him.

Thats literally all I'm asking for.
    I got ya. I was just thinking that if the announcers are gonna say what age he is, 12 is not too old and not too young. He could still be stupid and funny. But don't just say he's ten like he's just starting his Pokemon journey for the first time. That's what bothered me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bandage_scizors View Post
    This aging topic is limited only to Ash. Why? The other characters must be mentioned here. In months reading this topic, I notice other characters mentioned but not common except for Ash. The topic must be change to "Should all Pokemon characters age or not?"

Please, do not limit Ash for this aging topic. Include the other characters is the best solution to this topic.
    If you have a suggestion for an existing topic the best way is to PM a moderator saying so, because otherwise you're not actually contributing to the topic.

Generally as you said, no one really discusses the other characters aging, so there's no real need to change the title. If there's a notable amount of people who do start discussing other characters aging, then I'll change it.

Blog Entries
    Follow Appletree On Twitter

I would like to see Ash getting older IF there ever will be a new protanogist or some sort of epilogue.

Else, why should he? A kid exploring the world full of magical creatures. 10 year old is the perfect age for that.

Blog Entries

Yes, I want Ash to age and doing something with his energy

President of everything. Headless Whoreman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Headless Whoreman on Tumblr Visit Headless Whoreman's Youtube Channel

Oh God yes. It seemed as though he had aged a bit through Advanced through D/P, but Best Wishes ruined that.

The person with the stick

I just want ash to stop acting like such a newbie in Best Wishes! I mean I don't care age wise but I like character development (There was some before Best Wishes) and Best Wishes just killed it for me. Age doesn't matter, attitude does, and the Ash in Best Wishes is just killing me.
    Caseydia likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DevissiTRHW View Post
    I just want ash to stop acting like such a newbie in Best Wishes! I mean I don't care age wise but I like character development (There was some before Best Wishes) and Best Wishes just killed it for me. Age doesn't matter, attitude does, and the Ash in Best Wishes is just killing me.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f555/do-you-feel-ash-satoshis-character-has-been-reset-109186/

I think this thread will be something you'll enjoy.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't mind seeing him age, but if he kept the maturity level he had in Hoenn/Sinnoh for potential future series beyond BW, then that probably be fine too.

Blog Entries

Yes and No.

Yes - Because I'd like to see how that would turn out. If he matured up from his BW self (even more then Advanced/DP) or if he goes with a new additude, etc.

No - Because I don't see why he should age. Sure we grow up while he doesn't, I get that but he is still the same Ash, older or not.

ricochet, take your aim Titanium's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Titanium On Twitter Add Titanium on Facebook

The fact that he has matured since the first series makes it seem as if he does age, even if he doesn't. So Ash aging or not really isn't an issue.

It's basically all about maturity and not doing the same mistakes over again. The kid shouldn't age number-wise.

btw this.
    Caseydia likes this.

Long story short, I don't think there would be this huge debate if they hadn't outright said he was ten at the start of BW. I mean the aging was brought up before, but then we could assume it was some kind of floating timeline thing. Now it's like they're in a time warp.

BTW has anyone seen this picture?

Dear Fandom,

We inserted this picture in the episode A Ship Full of Shivers just to see if you were paying attention. And to mess with your heads for our own lulz.

- The Pokemon Anime
    martianmister likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    The fact that he has matured since the first series makes it seem as if he does age, even if he doesn't. So Ash aging or not really isn't an issue.

It's basically all about maturity and not doing the same mistakes over again. The kid shouldn't age number-wise.

btw this.
    Titanium, I couldn't stop laughing at your little film right there. But in all seriousness, if he was to age a few years, would it really make much difference? I mean this is a kids shos. They can have a few characters end up in more drama and romantic situations but I wouldn't like that especially with the many girls one the show. If he was to get any older and if they were to do a dragonball characters type maturity it wouldn't be the same. (Although I liked Bulma with Vegeta over Goku anyday)

I totally agree. Watched the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh series with so much fun, untill i started with BW this saturday. Watched 4 episodes of it and i dont know if im going to watch them all.. I see the same Ash as the boy who just started a journey, instead of a young man who was in the quarter and semi finals of some tournaments and who has loads of experience in training pokemon. It's sad. It especially became sad when Pikachu lost to a starter Snivy (lvl 5?). 13 seasons of building op 2 characters (ash & pikachu), thrown away.
    AuraOfThunder likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tomboctanian View Post
    I totally agree. Watched the Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh series with so much fun, untill i started with BW this saturday. Watched 4 episodes of it and i dont know if im going to watch them all.. I see the same Ash as the boy who just started a journey, instead of a young man who was in the quarter and semi finals of some tournaments and who has loads of experience in training pokemon. It's sad. It especially became sad when Pikachu lost to a starter Snivy (lvl 5?). 13 seasons of building op 2 characters (ash & pikachu), thrown away.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f555/do-you-feel-ash-satoshis-character-has-been-reset-109186/

Your post has nothing to do with Ash physically ageing. The thread I've linked to is more relevant.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-kun View Post
    Long story short, I don't think there would be this huge debate if they hadn't outright said he was ten at the start of BW. I mean the aging was brought up before, but then we could assume it was some kind of floating timeline thing. Now it's like they're in a time warp.

BTW has anyone seen this picture?

Dear Fandom,

We inserted this picture in the episode A Ship Full of Shivers just to see if you were paying attention. And to mess with your heads for our own lulz.

- The Pokemon Anime
    Where did you get that picture? And what does it actually mean? It's just a picture of some people 300 years ago
    Last edited by Yato; 23rd July 2012 at 01:29 AM.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast