Is the Pokémon Anime a children's show, or is there more to it than that? - Page 10

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: Is the Pokémon Anime a children's show, or is there more to it than that?

Default Re: Is the Pokémon Anime a children's show, or is there more to it than that?

So if some of us don't think it's a kids show then can we say it's a more older kids show? I don't really know what else to indentify this with. It's too kiddish for a teen show and it's too violent for a preschool show.

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Is the Pokémon Anime a children's show, or is there more to it than that?

It is a kid show.

I think that the Pokemon cartoons are for kids and also for an older audience. Most of the pokemon episodes or series do have a message to them which most "older audiences" look for epically if the parent is watching it with their kid

The benevolant creator ArceusAlpha493's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddy View Post
    It is more then a children cartoon, it shows friendship of how people should act to others and animals, plus it shows happiness, sadness, anger and peace. It is a top video game franchise that is around the world. It also make friends from all over the world with different gender, religion and backgrounds from the forums like this one that war is what people should not do, but look on to the future.
    I agree with my whole heart in this. Also people could learn from the show alot. As a Christian, these are few of the many things I believe in: Characters on this show feel emotions in situations similar to ours, I remember in some episodes specificly an episode of th battle frontier: Time Warp heals all wound, before May changed history that old woman looked sad as she waiited for her love to return in a train that never came. They do dwell on loss of a loved ones in episodes like this, These are the things that unfortunaly will occur to us in later life.
    I have posted a Pokemon/Zelda crossover. If you are a fan of both series, please check it out and review. :)

It will also be a crossover with My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and Land before Time

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f227/pokemon-legend-zelda-twilight-princess-pokemon-zelda-crossover-124285/

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

If N is in the show, it would have more than kiddy stuff

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Queen View Post
    If N is in the show, it would have more than kiddy stuff
    Agreed, agreed. It sure would.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

Will Rip Titles 4 Money speedingbulletbill's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow speedingbulletbill On Twitter Add speedingbulletbill on Facebook Add speedingbulletbill on Google+ Add speedingbulletbill on MySpace
    Add speedingbulletbill on Linkedin Follow speedingbulletbill on Tumblr Follow speedingbulletbill on Flickr Visit speedingbulletbill's Youtube Channel

Kanto, and parts of OI and Johto - not specifically aimed at kids.
    H oenn/BF - Yes.
    Sinnoh -Yes
    Unova - Yes
    Last edited by speedingbulletbill; 19th March 2013 at 11:49 AM.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

That last Charizard episode and Team Plasma episode sort of proved that the show isn't specifically for kids. Sure, it's aimed at kids, but by bringing back Charizard, they also had the older audience in mind.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Of course it's a children's show. It's always been a children's show (though it does have some dramatic moments that I enjoy). It'll continue to BE a children's show until Ash/Satoshi's never-ending quest to do whatever it is he's honestly doing at this point, loses enough viewership to end his quest in the middle of nowhere, which isn't going to happen for a LONG time to come, though.

Although, I do feel the anime seemed like it had more effort put into it before, and carried with it emotionally believable characters, investment, and some believable degree of maturity in its earlier arcs: in terms of trying to convey a light-hearted, simple tale, as opposed to a mesh of different things that don't fit well with one another in the larger scope of things. Plus, the JPN writers cared to write half-decent leagues and did justice to the older characters before, too. Ash never regressed before in league rank, either. IMHO, the anime has clearly become a juggernaut for money to those in charge of it in JPN and English now. That's just my opinion, though. I'm not saying you have to agree. I don't hate it, and I can't hate it, but that's how I really feel about it these days.

My thoughts on the dub?

The dubbers used to actually somewhat care back in the 4Kids days (despite the editing). Honestly, the Unova Pokerap was a joke: "Patrat...watches stuff...Pansear burns n' burns n' burns!" Yeah, really creative, it's no wonder that I must be blinded by nostalgia to think the Kanto Pokerap was easily the best of the three English-only Pokeraps. The Hoenn one (by TPCi, since 4Kids never made one) was the worst though IMO..."GROO-DIN, KYOG-REEE!"

In general, they are best described by this quote I took from a review of M011:

"And in the end, who really cares if the show gets edited somewhat? It's friggin' Pokemon. It's a no-holds-barred 20-minute commercial for video and card games aimed at 8-year-olds. The only reason why it holds any value at all to me, and the only reason I can think of why it would do so to anyone over 12 or so, is pure nostalgia, and that only goes so far. Seriously, there's nothing at all artistically redeeming about the show; so what if they relabel a few rice balls as "donuts"? Give me the original cast and the original dub any day of the week."
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 21st March 2013 at 11:49 AM.

Blog Entries

It's definitely a kids show.

Doubt it. After years of seeing this series They already moved past the life lesson part and moved on into the plushie selling kids show part of it.

Blog Entries
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

Takeshi Shudo originally intended to create something that was appealing to both Japanese children and their parents (as indicated by jokes in the anime's original intended run and themes seen in the first movie that you would never see in the current anime nowadays). He clearly lost most of the control he had over the story once Shopro/OLM decided to extend the series, and the series quickly devolved into something that's purely intended to appeal to just young children.

So my answer is, no, there's nothing more to it than being a children's anime nowadays, though it clearly tried to be something more back then.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

The anime is still a kids show. It would be nice if another show was created aimed at older audiences, but apparently they are in the minority. The manga tends to drift to the older age groups.

Blog Entries
    Follow FANG-TAN On Twitter
    Visit FANG-TAN's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Boyblunt View Post
    The anime is still a kids show. It would be nice if another show was created aimed at older audiences, but apparently they are in the minority. The manga tends to drift to the older age groups.
    Which manga? There are tons of Pokemon manga. And most, if not all, are aimed at elementary school kids, though they also appeal to older age groups.

ぼくの一番大好きなアニメはCCさくらですよ。
    MY ANIME BLOG | YOUTUBE | TWITTER | JAPAN-BEST | SHANA

Blog Entries

*reads my original post in this thread, notes it was written after BW036* How in the world was it that I was still that optimistic then? I guess the things I consider horrific now are only horrific in retrospect now that I know what the rest of the saga is like. Anyway, I might have been able to say that sort of stuff about AG or DP, but not about BW. This junk will cheese off EVERYONE, even the target audience. There is no telling if the mentality of DP will return or not. Episode N remains a confused mess to me, and it is getting difficult to tell how I will evaluate it. I guess I will add a condition to my original statement: the anime is enjoyable by everyone ONLY when they put effort into it. Otherwise, it's as kiddy as kiddy can get.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast