Out of the BW trio, which character has least/most flaws? - Page 7

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Out of the BW trio, which character has least/most flaws?

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Default Re: Out of the BW trio, which character has least/most flaws?

She did nothing about Doryuuzu's problem, FOR YEARS! If that's not a flaw, I don't know what is...

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    Satoshi was noticably angry about Dent betting on his Pokémon without permission; his arrogance was hilighted and was played as a potential threat to their friendship. That's a flaw that had focus on.
    But show portrayed it as right choice and Satoshi did trust him.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    But show portrayed it as right choice and Satoshi did trust him.
    No he didn't. Carbernet brought it up, Satoshi thought it was silly and told Dent to speak some sense, and than Dent agreed with Carbernet. That was something that Satoshi clearly wanted no part in, and Dent got him involved regardless. He then wondered what would happen if Dent lost.

That is not trust in Dent. Dent overstepped the boundaries of their friendship, and that is a flaw in my opinion.

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
    The flashback showed her caring about Doryuuzu, and encouraging him to do his best in the battle and to get back to training after the loss, ergo, she wasn't shown doing anything wrong. Both the flashback and Dento pointed out pretty much that Doryuuzu had misunderstood her, that the problem was rooted in Doryuuzu misterpreting Iris's encouragements as carelessness. Cut back to the present, and she says, "You knew you couldn't win and yet, I kept encouraging you." She doesn't say she's wrong, not does the episode implies she is. She merely says that should Doryuuzu never want to battle again, she would still like to be its friend, which prompts Doryuuzu to get over the shock of losing and make him realize he was wrong into distrusting Iris as she always cared about him.

Again, nowhere in this episode did it show Iris being wrong, or making a significant change in her method, the episode even having Doryuuzu realize that she was right all along and that after a loss, instead of giving up, he should just keep on training. Iris developed in no way, shape or form in that episode.
    "Could it be ... that you already knew after the first hit we couldn't win against the opponent? And yet I ... I...Doryuuzu... I'm sorry. I didn't even try to understand your feelings. All I ever did was telling you to do your best."

First moment in Best Wishes in which Iris is forced to admit how it was her fault all along, that makes her cry because she didn't even try to understand the emotions of her Pokémon. Even Dento asks Iris whether it's possible she didn't understand the emotions of her Pokémon properly. Iris doesn't accept that until the night scene where she admits her wrongs and falls into tears. So yeah, Iris did develop, Iris did change. Also, funny how you quoted the part of the sentence but left out the one where she says she did something wrong. You simply have to face the facts.

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    No he didn't. Carbernet brought it up
    She was the show's "Mrs. Wrong" in the whole episode.

Satoshi thought it was silly and told Dent to speak some sense
    It was a "trust me" moment between Satoshi and Dent. I didn't get any "wrongness" feeling from the scene. Even through he's not right, show or any of characters never called it.
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martianmister View Post
    She was the show's "Mrs. Wrong" in the whole episode.
    Yes, she was wrong in the tasting. But we are talking about Dent gambling on Satoshi's team, which he never have him permission to do.

It was a "trust me" moment between Satoshi and Dent.
    In which Dent was the only one with that mentality. Satoshi expressed concern for the result of him losing. He did not "wink back" if you get my drift. Satoshi was clearly not on board, and Dent cockyness and arrogance were at an all time high.

Edit: Locked at the original poster's request.
    Last edited by Iteru; 15th June 2011 at 02:19 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567