Favourite regional pokemon league

Thread: Favourite regional pokemon league

Blog Entries

Default Favourite regional pokemon league

We have 4 regional pokemon leagues so far in the anime(Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh) each with a slightly different format in terms of how many people advance and what a trainer has to do to advance. (one on one matches, special fields, double battles, etc)

What league format was your favourite? What do you think was the most effective or most exciting? I liked the Hoenn league best. For some reason that tournament seemed the most complete with a first round one on one match to I guess weed out the worst and I liked double matches so I was glad that was a part of the league. Then went straight into a 6 on 6 tournament after that for the top 32 which I liked because it made the matches more exciting and meaningful. Sinnoh was alright but was only what... 64 competitors? I always wondered why the number for Sinnoh league was so small in comparison to the hundreds of the other ones.
    Last edited by Musashi; 30th June 2011 at 03:16 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Favourite regional pokemon league

I like hoenn the best but wish the victory tournament lasted longer

Blog Entries

Follow Jaden on Tumblr Visit Jaden's Youtube Channel

My favorite was the Sinnoh League. Even with Tobias, I really liked it.

Kip

I liked the four fields from the Indigo League (Kanto.) I thought that whole format was cool. A 3 on 3 match on each of the four fields. Then the Sinnoh League seemed to have that, but then I don't know, they might have just had Grass/Rock fields because that's all we saw (the grass 3 times and the rock once.) I did like the Sinnoh League though...even if it did seem weird to have what felt like so few rounds/competitors.

And Hoenn was definitely fun. :)

Blog Entries

Lightbulb Lighting of the Torch

What's my most favorite regional tournament? That has got to be the Silver Conference. The fact that they had previous screenings and it was a bigger league because of how much more popular the region was made it a much bigger deal than most. Ash entering the Silver Conference was if anything a closure on the beginning of a great trainer. He didn't get so far in the Indigo Plateau and that helped him to see what he had to do to improve from there on out. Johto concluded how farther he has gone in his journey and all the experience that helped him. The Silver Conference concluded a rivalry between Ash and Gary. The other regional tournaments from there on out are about the battles between the other rivals we all look forward to or the anticipated fact he could win a tournament.

Soulsilver

Blog Entries

Please use this thread now. Thanks.