As fans, which is more irritating, overexposed or shafted characters? - Page 4

View Poll Results: Which is more irritating, overexposed characters or shafted ones?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Overexposed

43 57.33%
  • Shafted

32 42.67%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: As fans, which is more irritating, overexposed or shafted characters?

Default Re: As fans, which is more irritating, overexposed or shafted characters?

Overexposed characters are more annoying, because it feels like they are taking screentime away from others. I guess it's a good thing Misty wasn't overexposed, but she could have used a little more spotlight in Johto.

ricochet, take your aim Titanium's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Titanium On Twitter Add Titanium on Facebook

Default Re: As fans, which is more irritating, overexposed or shafted characters?

Overexposed. No contest.
    The thing with overexposed characters are that they are irritating as characters and you really would prefer not to see their face glued to the screen.. Shafted characters aren't irritating.. just the fact that they get no screentime.

I am sneaking at you! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Overexposed. Pikachu for example. He was in almost every gym battle in Unova and he won three of them.
    I know all your secrets!

BECAUSE I AM THE SPYPITOAD!

Hard to say. I disliked it when Dawn was shafted because she was my favorite Pokegirl. But if she's overexposed, I might not like her as much as I did, however.

Iris, Brock and Misty were too overexposed. Dawn's Piplup was so overexposed so that they didn't do as much work on Dawn's development. Grinds my gears.

Whenever Iris gets flaws, she then gets an unexpected powerup such as that Dragonite of hers.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Overexposed.

Ash and Team Rocket:

> Same Old Tired Gags (TRio)
    > Same Old Losing Leagues (Ash)
    > Being Forced to Stay 10 (Ash)
    > Being Forced to Stay Idiots (TRio)
    > Now Poor Dub Voices (All 4)
    > Different Personalities
    > Becoming a Happy-Go-Lucky Guy Who Could Care Less About a Goal, Loves An Endless Journey, and Dumping His Friends Every 3-4 Years (Ash)
    > Caring for Nothing but Battles and "Winnin'" Leagues (Ash)

Can I really even call them the same characters anymore? God, it's painful to see that I have to see them the way they are now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RRnPf815p0:; good bye pidgeot - YouTube What happened to THIS Ash? Seriously, I mean, I remember him being a lot more caring and less selfish than how he seems these days. A lot less arrogant, and while more rash and immature, kind-hearted. I guess it's just me, though.

I can't post a good clip showing the same for Team Rocket because it goes over 2:00, but same goes for them.
    Last edited by Pokémon Master Ash; 13th July 2013 at 10:47 PM.

Blog Entries

There are some old Gags I do like especially with Team Rocket are really good and Ash just makes me put a hand on my head be like what the heck man.

Balance is key, but I'd lean more towards shafted than overexposed.

Blog Entries

They both can be annoying. If the over-exposed character never really develops runs off the same gags, it's bad. If the shafted characters don't really do anything, but when they do show on-screen and manage to be un-entertaining...it's equally bad.
    Caseydia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    Overexposed definitely ruined Piplup. At the start of DP everyone loved Piplup, but once it started staying out of its ball and starting getting forced in all of Dawn's major episodes it became a drag.
    True to some extent but her shafted Togekiss was what people still yawn about today. As far as Piplup is concerned it's a starter, so just like in XY they will probably be another one ready to ripe and pull off the vine.

Bonded Forever Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Overexposed for me, you just get tired of them.

Quote Originally Posted by EmotionalTensionPKMN View Post
    Overexposed.

Ash and Team Rocket:

> Same Old Tired Gags (TRio)
    > Same Old Losing Leagues (Ash)
    > Being Forced to Stay 10 (Ash)
    > Being Forced to Stay Idiots (TRio)
    > Now Poor Dub Voices (All 4)
    > Different Personalities
    > Becoming a Happy-Go-Lucky Guy Who Could Care Less About a Goal, Loves An Endless Journey, and Dumping His Friends Every 3-4 Years (Ash)
    > Caring for Nothing but Battles and "Winnin'" Leagues (Ash)

Can I really even call them the same characters anymore? God, it's painful to see that I have to see them the way they are now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RRnPf815p0:; good bye pidgeot - YouTube What happened to THIS Ash? Seriously, I mean, I remember him being a lot more caring and less selfish than how he seems these days. A lot less arrogant, and while more rash and immature, kind-hearted. I guess it's just me, though.

I can't post a good clip showing the same for Team Rocket because it goes over 2:00, but same goes for them.
    Same old tired gags and forced to stay idiots should be "All 4" (Ash is an idiot). As for voices, I dunno I kinda like Jessie. Her DIALOGUE, however...

Otherwise, I agree.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234