As fans, which is more irritating, overexposed or shafted characters? - Page 3

View Poll Results: Which is more irritating, overexposed characters or shafted ones?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Overexposed

43 57.33%
  • Shafted

32 42.67%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: As fans, which is more irritating, overexposed or shafted characters?

Will Rip Titles 4 Money speedingbulletbill's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow speedingbulletbill On Twitter Add speedingbulletbill on Facebook Add speedingbulletbill on Google+ Add speedingbulletbill on MySpace
    Add speedingbulletbill on Linkedin Follow speedingbulletbill on Tumblr Follow speedingbulletbill on Flickr Visit speedingbulletbill's Youtube Channel

Default Re: As fans, which is more irritating, overexposed or shafted characters?

A combination of both. What I mean is, people that have been around for SO LONG, yet so little gets done with them (coughAshandDPBrockcough).

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees4life View Post
    It really depends. Ash is like John Cena, but Dawn is like the Miz. And most of us get sick and tired of those guys. Misty is like Hulk Hogan and lets face it, she's a legend :D
    Nah, Misty is The Brock :P

RONALDO!!
    Blog Entries

Default Re: As fans, which is more irritating, overexposed or shafted characters?

The Rock?? :D
    For the last time, BW is NOT a reboot.
    (Copy and paste this to your signature if you agree)

Bonded Forever Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Shafted characters for obvious reasons.

Find me on Serebii Forums Ash Ketchum!'s Avatar

Both, because overexposed characters hog the limelight and shafted characters are people you want to see more of, but don't get to. But I voted for overexposed.

Blog Entries

Follow Madame Pika on Tumblr

For me Takeshi was overexposed (haves three series of appearances) but I can see why people have put him as shafted. The thing is that he had lots and lots of screen time but most of it, is spent standing around. For me this is as annoying as when a character is forced in your face all the time. It's the same with Iris (at the start of Best Wishes since I haven't watch for ages). It was pretty hard not to notice her on screen and therefore easy to notice just how little she was doing. This makes the characters seem less real and more stilted.

So overexposed even if it isn't 'in your face' overexposed like Potchma is the more annoying to me.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Misty and Brock were like overexposed (due to their mass of episodes) and shafted at the same time, (due to their limited screentime) In some cases it was the worst of both worlds. :p

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

I think it's more annoying for Pokemon rather than humans. Overexposed characters, like Oshawott, Piplup, and Tepig are more annoying since they take away screentime from other more deserving characters; such as Unfezant, Palpitoad, and Stunfisk. I think this was most obvious and greatly executed in the Junior Cup where the Piplup and Oshawott rivalry took away from the screen time of Dawn's other Pokemon.

The result: a useless comeback of a character and underdeveloped Pokemon.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Overexposed for me. It's just painful to see some chars start of so well and go downhill for me.

Good examples are DP Brock and BW TRio, IMO.

Both have their problems, but overexposed characters are more irritating, especially when the characters in question are annoying to begin with (Team Rocket and Dawn's Piplup to name a few).

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraa View Post
    I think it's more annoying for Pokemon rather than humans. Overexposed characters, like Oshawott, Piplup, and Tepig are more annoying since they take away screentime from other more deserving characters; such as Unfezant, Palpitoad, and Stunfisk. I think this was most obvious and greatly executed in the Junior Cup where the Piplup and Oshawott rivalry took away from the screen time of Dawn's other Pokemon.

The result: a useless comeback of a character and underdeveloped Pokemon.
    I agree with certain pokemon about being overexposed too, But I rather pokemon than shafted or overexposed human characters any day. Pokémon battle, even though some of them do take a lot of screen time away. However some human characters would just sit there like cardboard paperbacks with nothing to do. Even if they have pokemon or not. That to me is worse than what pokemon is annoying to some.

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

Both cases have their problems and can be annoying, but I'm going to go with overexposed being the worst of the two. It can make the characters more annoying to deal with if they take up so much screentime, it causes other characters to get the shaft. Shafted characters are usually wasted potential, which is annoying to deal with too, but it's usually less annoying for me because I'm not bothered with them getting screentime, unlike with characters who are overexposed.

Blog Entries

Overexposed - After watching them go on their journey for over a year it can be annoying too see them basically accomplish nothing.

Blog Entries

Definitely overexposed. Overexposure can ruin a character for me completely. At least characters I feel were neglected, i'll always think of positively.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Overexposed definitely ruined Piplup. At the start of DP everyone loved Piplup, but once it started staying out of its ball and starting getting forced in all of Dawn's major episodes it became a drag.

Blog Entries

I hate when characters are overexposed more. For example, it seemed that the writers liked Lance better than Steven and Wallace, so they put him in the Kyogre vs. Groudon episode instead of giving Steven his rightful role. It makes no sense, since I'm sure a lot of people were waiting for Steven. But that episode was flawed anyway. It was clearly biased in favor of Groudon - it portrayed Kyogre as the villain. And since I like Kyogre better, that pissed me off.

Honestly, I thought Paul was a bit overexposed too. And he was definitely a Villain Sue. I hated how other Trainers (even CYNTHIA!) gave Paul praise for his cruel battling style.

Cilan is quickly going into Mary Sue territory as well. The writers give him countless skills and positive qualities, while not giving him any realistic flaws. (In contrast, Iris gets nothing but flaws. I would say that BW's lameness is more Cilan's fault.)
    Yato and Risen Chief like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast