Do you think the pokemon anime will ever end? - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Do you think the pokemon anime will ever end?

Satoshi/Ash Fanboy
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you think the pokemon anime will ever end?

I hate to say this, but I should say that the Japanese must end Pokemon anime, then the rest of the world follows. Since the anime is created from Japan, ending this anime maybe a impossible task. I felt offended because we cheated the young Pokemon fans that Ash started conquer us years ago. We watched Ash since childhood, teenage and adult years. And one day, your child watched Pokemon anime, telling him/her that Ash is new to him but for you, it is the old character from your childhood memories.

I forgot, that this question includes the future sequels and prequels of this anime. I noticed that previous posts, that Pokemon anime must spawned to multi sequels and prequels, side stories and specials.

Princess of Sinnoh martianmister's Avatar

It will end after the end of Detective Conan...
    1. Satoshi/Ash Ketchum: 801 episodes
    2. Team Rocket: 736 episodes
    3. Takeshi/Brock: 633 episodes
    4. Kasumi/Misty: 282 episodes
    5. Hikari/Dawn: 201 episodes
    6. Haruka/May: 197 episodes
    7. Masato/Max: 192 episodes
    8. Iris: 141 episodes
    9. Dent/Cilan: 138 episodes
    10. Kenji/Tracey: 44 episodes

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    The funny thing is Best Wishes pretty much is an all new cast. If it weren't for Ash and TR, these new characters like Iris, Cilan, Bel etc. could have been from an entirely new continuity.
    But it probably would still go on if they replaced Ash and TR
    I'm a James fan! I love shipping and the Pokemon anime

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maya Oak View Post
    But it probably would still go on if they replaced Ash and TR
    It would, but it would be an all-new cast so the current storyline that has been going on for the last 14 years will have closure.

Didn't the people in charge say Pokemon will end when the games stop making money? Some thing like that. Ash/Pikachu story will end when the series ends, simple as that. People young and old know who Ash & Pikachu are, they get replaced and things will be worse than what happened with Yugioh and Digimon at that time.
    Ash fan. Multi Ash shipper =]

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Like all good things must come eventually to end pokemon wont be exception either.As long Nintendo and Game Freak continues releasing new generations of pokemon and games anime obviously wont finish being one of most important tools through which new pokemon are being promoted in order to attract young customers to buy their products.

However day when new games stop coming out will be day when anime will end as well.Only reason why it could end sooner would be if interest among people becomes too low causing such a drop in ratings that further continuation of show wouldnt bring any profit to producers.Since anime is still going strong there is no fearing for such thing so its safe to say how pokemon show will continue to exist for many more years.

What i wouldnt like to happen is having Ash retire with another main hero which wouldnt bring anything new on table really aside from different face.We would have basically another Ash clone with yellow rodent on his shoulder going through another gym quest as rookie with his improvement coming in slow at nail pace speed .

Thanks but i would rather have Ash stay having him being gradually developed as character while keeping gate open for possible return of his older companions we all grew up with liking them.
    Pokemon anime was always about his story and journey and in that way it should honestly end.With Ash and other familiar characters being treated as one big continuity closing chapter of wonderful journey which introduced us to world of pokemon.

That is kind of pokemon i want to remember cherishing memories of it,instead of cheap copy of original show with questionable quality being made ruining picture of anime with which we all grew up with following it for years.

As lame as it may sound Pokemon without Ash is like Dragon ball series without Goku or One Piece without Luffy..

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Why would Ash leaving effect anything when the kids watching Pokemon today were not even around for the start of the show? Seriously, old fans watching are a small minority.

Let's face it, its only Pikachu that has kept Ash around all these years. If the writers can find some way to have a Pikachu with a new set of trainers in a different role, they could retire Ash.
    But if older fans are just a small minority with new kids viewing Ash in same way we did as kids when series started out there what would be reason for writers to retire Ash?
    To cater to small group of fans who grew out of this show wanting some change?

Problem with removing Ash at this point is that he became so much integrated in this show that any attempt of removing him could lead to negative repercusions and drastic drop of TV ratings.He and Pikachu became basically mascots of pokemon franchize being worldwide recognized and incredibly popular and seeing how Ash is already doing his job fine in pleasing target audience as well older fans having required stamina and promotional value to bring them profit writers and producers simply dont have any real reason to remove him.

Like saying goes:"If something isnt broken,dont fix it".
    In nutshell removing Ash from cast involves too much of risk which producers arent willing to take.

Blog Entries

When consoles get replaced by the cloud the Franchise has 10% chance of dying all at once starting with the games but that won't happen til like what two, three console cycles (10-15 years).

But with Ash confirmed to be non-replaced and 10 it will never end. Redundancy >:(. it will never end most likely but then again nothing lasts for ever. I DON'T KNOW

I'm not sure where or when it will end, but I have an image of what it may look like:
    Ash, reaching adulthood, as a Gym Leader or perhaps a member of the Elite Four. His challenger is a trainer who greatly resembles him, and even has a Pikachu, the episode ending with the two commanding their Pokemon to attack, as the cycle of Ash's adventures goes on in another...

Y Rotation Team

Not Until the Franchise is Dead; Until then, Game Freak will continue to bring New idea's with New Monsters into the RPG formula to KEEP IT ALIVE!
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Melonhead; 1032-2149-6593; Ground: Wooper, Marowak, Gastrodon
    PM me so I can add you back.

Blog Entries

Follow Jaden on Tumblr Visit Jaden's Youtube Channel

Well, of course it's going to end someday, but when that is I don't like to think about.

The franchise die, but like other classics, Scooby Doo and Bugs Bunny, there are always be re-runs to be play. The franchise is so strong now, by the running of Nintendo/TPC (i) then it be a while before it goes.
    Do not ask me that you have a chance to be a mod, I will not take the job if it is to leave the forum.

my friend Pichu90 made my avatar.

Blog Entries

It will end, but I hope Satoshi and the Roketto-dan are out of the picture when it does...

Blog Entries

Of course it will end. No franchise can last forever.
    Granted, it will probably be in the very distant future but I bet it ends sooner than we think it will.

Satoshi/Ash Fanboy
    Blog Entries

Since this thread is now being forgotten after one year, I will revamp it for those forum users who signed it now and missed this thread for one year.

I know that Best Wishes Season 2 is coming in the following weeks, every time that a Pokemon anime has a new series, this thread question pops on my mind.
    Sometimes, the question on my mind, is the anime will never end? Or, thinking the anime is existing after 60 years, when I died? (sorry for those offend but is true)

As I previous said on the beginning of this thread, "I hate to say this, but I should say that the Japanese must end Pokemon anime, then the rest of the world follows."

Blog Entries

Well, hopefully at least Ash's story ends. As for the anime in general, I don't think that's happening anytime soon.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast