Do you think the pokemon anime will ever end?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Do you think the pokemon anime will ever end?

Satoshi/Ash Fanboy
    Blog Entries

Default Do you think the pokemon anime will ever end?

I know that Pokemon anime exists for almost fifteen years, and many series or/and seasons spend.

It is impractical that this anime will never end, as the original Japanese voice actors ages, that voices will affect dubbing their characters for worst. I'm aware that forums will continue to exist even the anime ended due to popularity of the games and trading cards.

Since the Pokemon anime is in fifth generation, some reported that this anime will continue until it's twentieth generation, (i don't know the source, but I read it somewhere not on this forum), and each generation lasts for three to four years, (maybe, estimated from calculations of Advance and DP series), I wished that Best Wishes is the end, due to the words "Best Wishes" meaning literally as a farewell or good bye.

I'm aware that the characters will have to finish their goals. As the Best Wishes story progresses, the former main characters becomes hidden and obscure due to writers now concentrated only in Best Wishes.

Notes: I will edit this again somewhere between October to December 2013 after XY anime begins.
    Last edited by bandage_scizors; 26th June 2013 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Added Update

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Default Re: Do you think the pokemon anime will ever end?

Everything has to come to an end at some point. The same goes for Pokémon. :)

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There will probably always be an anime to advertise the games, but I do think the current continuity with Ash and TR will end someday.

They might as well do a fresh anime for Gen 6 with all new characters.

Blog Entries

Follow Aestivate on Tumblr Visit Aestivate's Youtube Channel

I agree, as long as the games exist, so will the anime. If actor existence failure occurs, I'm sure they'd either a) recast or b) end the anime and start up a new one.

Blog Entries

So what are you guys saying? We'll be in the year 2050 and Ash's journey will still be going on? How does THAT make any sense? Ash's story will almost certainly come to an end someday.

I think it will have to end at some point whether it be if the show loses popularity by chance or.....the apocalypse occurs
    FCs: Heart Gold: 1892-8730-9569; White: 1549-4836-0020

Blog Entries

With the rest of the series, yes

But as long as there's money to be made, no.
    Giovanni Sakaki likes this.

Also known as Kameinu. himanuts's Avatar
    Follow himanuts On Twitter Add himanuts on Facebook Add himanuts on Google+
    Follow himanuts on Tumblr Visit himanuts's Youtube Channel

I think there should always be an anime aslong as the franchise stands. But the current continuity should have ended already. >_>

Blog Entries

I think it'll end eventually. A continuity has been established regarding Ash progressing on his journey with him getting better each saga (league-wise at least); it would be rather strange to not have any sort of resolution to his story. The anime could restart with a brand new character after Ash is wrapped up, but since Pikachu has become such a mascot with the Pokémon franchise, the writers would probably have to give the new main character a Pikachu, as well. That would feel odd in my opinion, but I guess they always could.

Er, disregarding that, I still think the show will end eventually. My guess is that the show's popularity will decline once Ash leaves (considering that ever happens). On the other hand, the new main character could gain popularity, but I'm not so sure if the writers starting from square one would result in as much success as Ash's story has had.

A lot of this also depends on how long the video games will last. I think they can continue without the show, though, so I don't think the anime is absolutely necessary to the franchise (but it is very helpful in advertising said games, I'm sure). That's why I think it's more reasonable to think that the show will eventually end without the franchise having to end with it.

Blog Entries

Why would Ash leaving effect anything when the kids watching Pokemon today were not even around for the start of the show? Seriously, old fans watching are a small minority.

Let's face it, its only Pikachu that has kept Ash around all these years. If the writers can find some way to have a Pikachu with a new set of trainers in a different role, they could retire Ash.

Remember what people used to say?

- Misty would never leave (LOL!)
    - Brock would never leave
    - Contests would never be dropped
    - Wobbufett would never leave
    - Gary would never leave

One day it will be time.

Registered User Trainer Gabriel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Eventually it will but there's just no telling when, and it's probably best to assume it won't happen anytime soon.

Blog Entries

There are anime that have gone for decades, changing the cast, and it has not affected them in the slightest. Be that as it may, the anime will continue as long as the games continue, and we could be well at this for many more generations to come. I will not discuss Ash here, this is just the anime in general. If you're so desperate for it to end, pick an end and stick to it.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

Obviously it well end someday its just when I have no clue.

Well I agree with all of you. The show will have to end either all together or with a brand new cast. As long as money is getting made it will probably be about long enough for all of us kids in our late teens to have kids. Probably.

If Best Wishes literally means good bye it will probably end here. But judging how the games is one of the best sellings games in the country and there is McDonalds and walmarts selling cards. Well this would probably end the adventures of Ash and team rocket. It probably will be picked up by a brand new cast as I said before.
    I'm a James fan! I love shipping and the Pokemon anime

Blog Entries

The funny thing is Best Wishes pretty much is an all new cast. If it weren't for Ash and TR, these new characters like Iris, Cilan, Bel etc. could have been from an entirely new continuity.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast