Do you think that Pikachu brings a lot to the show? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you think that Pikachu brings a lot to the show?

Registered User Lord Clowncrete's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you think that Pikachu brings a lot to the show?

Its more like it takes everything away from the show. There are so many pokes that could have had more screen-time rather than ash's rodent, like ash's torkoal.

It was cute in the beginning but now its there just for the sake of it. (The writers can't remove it, can they?)

@Hellion
    Can i suggest a poll for this thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Takaki View Post
    @Pikmin1211; Pokemon Online has options for all but rotation battles. None of those you listed are competitive metagames though except Cresselia championships... I mean VGC.

Not really. At least not anymore. Just seems like it is there to be cute and nothing more to me.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sato-chan View Post
    Not much nowadays, I like when he showed his naughty nature, show his bro/veteran side to other pokemon, try to call the others using similar sounds to their real names (e.g. Pikapi/Satoshi, Pikachupi/Kasumi)... But eeek, idk, I don't see it being explored as much as I think it should be D: I do agree his role as Ash's powerhouse/best friend (oh, and mr token of cuteness) is important but sometimes I feel that writers think this is the only thing he can do...

Also, I really wish his impersonation gag thing could be brought back to the anime

or am I the only one who love these scenes? xD
    SO I HERD U LEIK PIKACHUZ AND MUDKIPZ?

Anyhoo... Pikachu is like Cadillac for GM. he is very reconizable on a global scale and has been around since the begining. Pikachu is god like with his power but he has made many fails during his time such as getting rid of Volt tackle and being de tuned from level 98,023,393 to around level 23 each season. he does seem to be the brains of the group and does seem to be the most competent. he could do more but at least he hasnt hit rock bottom yet in terms of in show preformance. so yea he does bring a bit to the show but it has been focused away from him over the years

They could do alot more with Pikachu in my opinion. Give him a rival, or so sort of unique relationship with another teammate. Re-introducing his personality quirks would be a big plus as well.

Another thing that would be cool would be to introduce some sort of small plot arc that forces Pikachu to learn more than speed + power. The Pikachu species can learn more than just attacks - Light Screen, Agility, Double Team, Charge, Charge Beam. More interesting moves include Substitute (ninja Pika?) or Magnet Rise (flying Pika?). A support move could really add some creativity to his battles. But even without those moves, Ash's Pikachu hasn't used Counter Shield or activated Static recently - even those would bring some freshness and sense of growth.

What I would like to see is Pikachu having a saga-long rival like Paul to Ash (or Electrivire to Infernape). Have Pikachu be forced to learn new tactics not seen before in the anime to overcome his own limited size and power. I personally want to wish that Pikachu still has more to offer - being a small athlete myself, I always like seeing the smaller guy use unique tactics to win. Since Pikachu refuses to evolve, he reflects that better than others like Snivy who simply are just underleveled.

I have absolutely nothing against Pikachu.
    He doesn't annoys me. He's not the attention youknowwhat he used to be in the original anymore. And he still participates in battles and episodes with relevant roles. Considering they need to use the human protagonists since they're easier to understand and to feel familiarilized to, I think Pikachu does well enough for a pokemon character...

If anyone matured through the series (in terms of attitude, not 'level' as that doesn't matters in the anime) it's him. So I think he's fine the way he is.

Pikachu is okay but due to it being there is a reason why Ash hasn't caught any other electric types/ That's the only thing that bugs me. I used to didn't mind piakchu mostly back in Hoenn and Sinnoh but Unova pushed the envelope too much with it including Oshawott. I get it's a mascot but Unova is not it's region, so have the other pokemon be given some of the glory for once.

I really liked Pikachu the most in AG. He really shined in the big brother mentor department in that saga while still being a reliable battler when needed. He got to learn a few moves and even defeat a legendary of all things. He also had a couple of interesting episodes that really showed his relationship with Ash (the episode where he loses his memory and the one when he was possessed by Groudon). He was truly a veteran during that saga (same thing goes for DP as well).

In BW he only seems to be used for "OMG a Kanto Pokemon!" moments which sucks. His best moments in BW were the Elesa gym battle and the whole incident with Meowth and the subway. Other than that he was just a living prop.

I want the writers to emphasize big brother mentor status in the XY saga. We know by now he's really only going to be in a few major battles (mainly the league). He's not Ash's main training focus since we all know he is a veteran. So let him help Ash train the new Pokemon. A few scenes here and there where he's sparring with Ash's Kalos Pokemon and encouraging them when they aren't doing so well. Let him have an episode or two where he shows the new Pokemon Counter-shield. Give him an episode where we are reminded of his bond with Ash. I want him to show his veteran status instead of just being a living prop.

Check out my tumblr!

Fanfiction <- Please read and review if you like?

I have a neutral opinion regarding Pikachu. I'm not a fan, I'm merely okay with him.
    He's a strong fighter, but I rate characters mostly for their personalities and roles. He has some moments, but that's it.
    I used to him better in the earlier eras when he had some quirks like his taste for ketchup and his impersonation faces, today I'm just indiferent.
    Last edited by Magma Bomb; 6th July 2013 at 02:26 PM.

Not anymore. It should be replaced or evolved into Raichu. It's time to give a powerful Pokemon that can lead the main protagonist* to a title.
    *: (not necessarily Ash, you can make a great case for him to be replaced)

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

Not really. Not with his increasingly annoying and boring personality, endless resetting; causing loses to weak Pokémon such as Panpour and Snivy, and consistent overshadowing of Ash's other Pokémon. He's really becoming a pain.

Aside from a few good moments and his marketability no he brings nothing to the show now.

Yes he Probably does I think.

THE TOAD/SPY IS BACK!!!!! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No. It just makes other pokemon to suffer from lesser screen time. Ash should left it with Oak.
    You know you are followed...
    You know you are seen...
    You know that your secrets are revealed...
    You know that he is close...
    You know that you can not catch him...
    You know who he is...
    ...the Spypitoad...

I Think it does, and aside from Team Rocket He is probably the Reason why the Show is still on I think?

THE TOAD/SPY IS BACK!!!!! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chocadial View Post
    I Think it does, and aside from Team Rocket He is probably the Reason why the Show is still on I think?
    The show is still on because it gives money to its creators.
    You know you are followed...
    You know you are seen...
    You know that your secrets are revealed...
    You know that he is close...
    You know that you can not catch him...
    You know who he is...
    ...the Spypitoad...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12