Do you think Ash/Satoshi should be replaced? - Page 7

Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
Like Tree358Likes

Thread: Do you think Ash/Satoshi should be replaced?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you think Satoshi should be replaced?

apology excepted I have Asperger's so I should be used to people not understanding me but I'm not so i'm sorry.

Anyways it is risky but it could lead to more dedicated fans(if we can be more dedicated). Although pikachu is money Ash lost some flaws making him boring (I cared whether the characters were interesting as kid I don't know about you) you can't bring those flaws back cause that would be as much of one more day as BW001 and new flaws could very well back fire so logically Ash should get the boot. And they could easily make something with Pikachu. How about... Pike is a new trainer... who is hotheaded and aggressive (kids love a cool guy with a short fuse) ... he relies on only attacks for battles... but is smart but very stubborn and he meets a girl with a walking Pikachu in the first route or a early forest... who was his best friend before she moved but they decided to travel together and she keeps his anger in check(cue the shipping amv's). ... and they meet a sushi chef*everyone looks at me funny*

Okay you get the idea. The point is although I made lots of stories; I never wrote them down in a professional manner. So if I can create Pike the most easily relate-able character ever imagine what educated payed writers can do.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Its funny that people are trying to claim Pokemon is about Ash, when the Pokemon franchise is about the Pokemon themselves.

Once again, Ash is not in any of the games. Even his game counterpart Red, has never made a re-appearance since GS. (aside from HGSS which doesn't count). All the various Pokemon manga do not focus on Satoshi and Pikachu.

On the other hand, you can't have Mario without Mario, because the series is about him. You can't have Simpsons without "The Simpsons" because the show is about the family.

Its not called, "The Ash and Pikachu show," its called Pokemon. Pokemon is about any and all trainers in the world of Pokemon.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Its funny that people are trying to claim Pokemon is about Ash, when the Pokemon franchise is about the Pokemon themselves.

Once again, Ash is not in any of the games. Even his game counterpart Red, has never made a re-appearance since GS. (aside from HGSS which doesn't count). All the various Pokemon manga do not focus on Satoshi and Pikachu.

On the other hand, you can't have Mario without Mario, because the series is about him. You can't have Simpsons without "The Simpsons" because the show is about the family.

Its not called, "The Ash and Pikachu show," its called Pokemon. Pokemon is about any and all trainers in the world of Pokemon.
    I never said it was. But what's the point Scott? The show is doing awesome. It's top in ratings every weeks, breaks sales recommends, this show is doing awesome. What's the point in taking a risk and going through the trouble of making the same type of character and story and promoting him? I really wanna know, what's the point when the show is doing great? No point, at all.

Blog Entries

Why do you keep bringing up ratings? LMAO, the show would do exactly the same in terms of ratings with any other main character.

Little kids will watch WHOEVER is the main character! They watch for the Pokemon.

Blog Entries

Pokemon is about any and all trainers in the world of Pokemon.
    THAT'S IS WHAT I SAID!!!
    *blows up the entire planet* aaw better

Anyway Ash can be replaced by a completely different character with the same goal. Ash has been used enough. He said himself that pikachu was the star.

BTW Gotpika "similar" really. Forgot about Pike?

Poor Pike :(

This would be like pokemon chronicles but an entire series and frankly, I really liked chronicles.
    FCs: Heart Gold: 1892-8730-9569; White: 1549-4836-0020

Proud Multishipper!! Emerald Gary's Avatar

Ash shouldn't be replaced, he should age rather:P

IMO it might affect the ratings. Ash and pikachu have became too iconic to be successfully replaced by someone else as protagonist. In my defence I would like to give examples in form of animes like Digimon and Yu-gi-oh. Digimon used to rival pokemon in it's starting days. But, after the cast change took place I heard it went downhill in Japan.

Blog Entries

Why do you keep bringing up ratings? LMAO, the show would do exactly the same in terms of ratings with any other main character.

Little kids will watch WHOEVER is the main character! They watch for the Pokemon.
    Because, the ratings are important to a show. Sorry Scott but, since JNP ratings measure everyone they would sink. You seem to not be looking at it logically or are just not understanding. They would more then likely sink after the first few episodes because people will be alienated. Plus, what's the point Scott? The show does great, gets top 10 and makes a lot of merchandise money and game money. Nintendo loves this franchise, they can use the money to wipe there butts if they want to. So, what's the point in taking the risk if it already does sooooooooooooooooooo well?

Since Little Kids only matter, then tell me what would be the point in replacing him? I've answered your questions, now please answer mine.

Blog Entries

gotpika is still not providing any logical reason ratings would drop if Ash was replaced. That doesn't make sense, who exactly would stop watching if Ash wasn't there?

Little kids? You think they really give a shit? They're interested in Pokemon on their TV for god sakes. They could have Santa Claus as the main character and they'd still watch.

Blog Entries

gotpika is still not providing any logical reason ratings would drop if Ash was replaced. That doesn't make sense, who exactly would stop watching if Ash wasn't there?
    Scott, you don't seem to be hearing me japanese ratings measure everyone. Thus meaning the ratings would drop, because of the competition and the older audience who introduce them to the show not watching. You seem to be talking as if you already know that the ratings would somehow stay the way they are. Tell me why you think that? Anyway, merchandising plays a role in it all too, the show is just one big ad for the game. The show is excelling and doing great.
    Little kids? You think they really give a shit? They're interested in Pokemon on their TV for god sakes. They could have Santa Claus as the main character and they'd still watch.
    Um, YEAH I think they do. I still want you to answer my question. What would be the point in dropping him, since the older fans don't matter? Everything's GREAT and GRAND for Pokemon, so what's the point?

Blog Entries

I'll already answered this he gotten drad and he peaked with Paul. I think it can bring people back or get new fans. Who would not love a legitimate version of Pike? He lost half of his flaws and a character without flaws is a bad character. Give him new flaws that suit him(the hard option) or give him the boot(easy peasy lemon queezy). let's here it for PIKE

PIKE PIKE PIKE!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    Scott, you don't seem to be hearing me japanese ratings measure everyone. Thus meaning the ratings would drop,
    You're not even providing any reason. Ratings would drop because....?

You're just repeating yourself but not providing any argument whatsoever. Why would kids not watch Pokemon if there's a new hero? Answer that question.

Blog Entries

You're not even providing any reason. Ratings would drop because....?
    Did you skip over my post? Ratings would drop because some would be turned off from the show, Satoshi and Pikachu have something called originality. People recognize him and his Pikachu. When you throw in a new guy, your risking yourself and your franchises face. Yu-Gi-Oh's ratings sunk like stones over the course of 5'Ds and so have Beyblade's. Now, why would the writers risk the ratings they have for a new guy. Just to let you know the show will be the exact same thing for advertising purposes. New Guy, Enterjectic Boy around the age of 10-14, traveling companions, Pikachu, Pokemon, Gyms, Badges, Lose the League, Rinse and Repeat.
    You're just repeating yourself but not providing any argument whatsoever. Why would kids not watch Pokemon if there's a new hero? Answer that question.
    I've answered all your questions again and again, now I would appreciate it now if you answered some of mine. Why would they take the risk, when the show is already doing the job it was meant to? Like @Adamant said, the show isn't aimed at old anime nerds, it's for kids and for advertising being in the top 10 in ratings each week means A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE WATCHING, Thus the advertising is very high.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    Did you skip over my post? Ratings would drop because some would be turned off from the show, Satoshi and Pikachu have something called originality.
    Why would 7 year old kids who either just started watching the anime or only been watching for like 1 year be turned off? These are new viewers. Most would have no attachment to Ash.

Blog Entries

Why would 7 year old kids who either just started watching the anime or only been watching for like 1 year be turned off? These are new viewers. Most would have no attachment to Ash.
    Did you skip over my post? Ratings would drop because some would be turned off from the show, Satoshi and Pikachu have something called originality. People recognize him and his Pikachu older and new. When you throw in a new guy, your risking yourself and your franchises face.

Now please answer my question, why would the writers take the risk and replace them when the ratings are high and the sales are high? What's the point? To please older fans who want "closure" and "an ended story"? No, that's not how it works money talks not a storyline. Please answer this, I am dying to know.

Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast