Do you think Ash/Satoshi should be replaced? - Page 57

Page 57 of 68 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Like Tree359Likes

Thread: Do you think Ash/Satoshi should be replaced?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you think Ash/Satoshi should be replaced?

If Ash ever get replace then I want the new Protagonist to be like Gold (Adventure)
    Because Gold is like a Actual boy who likes mischief and interested in Girl.
    While The Current Ash is just a model of ''Good Boy''!

Blog Entries

As I stated before it is dispecting to Ash to keep him around forever since he really can't do anything that epic in his current state. I rather see Ash go out with a bang than a whipper. I rather see him fight strong opponents and do incredible things than watch him get scolded about VERY basic type advantages for of atternity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Thanks for contributing

No.

Why should Ash be replaced just so there can be a boring version of him? Besides, if he was to be replaced, it should've happened a long time ago.
    Caseydia likes this.
    fuck you, sig.

Blog Entries
    Follow FinalSynFrey On Twitter
    Visit FinalSynFrey's Youtube Channel

No. Why do we need to replace Ash/Satoshi when he hasn't reached his goal to become a Pokemon Master? If they really wanted to replace Ash, they should have done that a LONG time ago. Instead of a complete cast replacement (including Ash), I would prefer that the writers improve Ash's character.

Default Re: Do you think Satoshi should be replaced?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fighting Misty View Post
    My guess is if they finally have a good Team Rocket conclusion, all they else have to do with Ash is have him win a league and enter a Champion league and get some sort of notable victory. After that just have Ho-oh fly overhead one last time, (or even have Ash catch it, which at this point, doesn't seem unrealistic anymore given what's happened), and call it a day.

Ash could have been replaced at the end of any gen really, the end of DP would have been a good time to do it if they allowed Ash to win a league, but alas. So yes, he should be given closure after a 16 year history.
    yeah, DP would of been the best time to do it. If ash were to leave I think new fans would also join the pokemon craze, Not that they haven't already

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FinalSynFrey View Post
    No. Why do we need to replace Ash/Satoshi when he hasn't reached his goal to become a Pokemon Master?
    BECAUSE it will ALLOW him to reach his goal of becoming Pokemon master. I'd rather see him go through a series of incredibly epic battles and call it day than have him continue to derp around, forget the easiest type relations, and be used as a cheap ploy for bad comedy.
    Duque and Pokémon Master Ash like this.
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

Blog Entries

The games are now popular enough so that the anime no longer needs to be good or funny, or however you want to say it to attract people to buy the games, but a little extra advertising on the side to sell some toys would never hurt. That is now the main purpose of the anime and Ash, as stale as he might be is still the face of pokemon and the best salesman they've got. He isn't leaving anytime soon.

If they wanted to change protagonists I think they should have done it a while ago. We'd probably end up with them replacing him with a new character, half the fanbase rejecting him, them bringing Ash back, half the fanbase rejoicing and the other half getting pissed off. Oh, and bonus points if the new guy's whole season really didn't reveal much about him/her and the other characters. A bit like the whole Phoenix Wright-Apollo Justice thing going on in the Ace Attorney fandom.
    So no, I think Ash should stay because a: lots of the fans would be flipping their shit, b: there isn't much point, and c: he should go out with a bang in a big fat darmatic arc, not a whisper in Best Wishes.
    pokemon fan 132 likes this.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/images/signaturepics/sigpic57049_1.gif

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

no.the anime is focued on Ash's goal to become a pokemon master. also since he has been around since 1997 and well known and reconized. it would make as much sence to replace Ash if GM were to stop selling Chevys and sell them as Holdens. no one would reconize them and then the fanbase would start to erode away
    Caseydia likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 97SaturnSL1 View Post
    no.the anime is focued on Ash's goal to become a pokemon master. also since he has been around since 1997 and well known and reconized. it would make as much sence to replace Ash if GM were to stop selling Chevys and sell them as Holdens. no one would reconize them and then the fanbase would start to erode away
    A chevy's goal is to move you for all of entirnity. Ash's goal is to become Pokemon master eventually. And since the show is as you said about Ash trying to become a Pokemon master it makes perfect sense to get rid of him because if they don't HE WILL NEVER MAKE ANY REAL PROGRESS

pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Blog Entries

People who demand Ash departure because he apparently "wont grow forward" ,don't seem to understand how there is no limit in how much you can develop character being writers call if they want to go deeper.Which brings us to key word in here:willingness to do more. In TV show writers have obligation to maintain viewers interest if they want to keep stable ratings and continue making money. Once current "status quo" fail to attract new viewers like it used to do in past resulting in people losing interest, sooner or later they will be forced to come up with new ideas and do more notable progress with their characters (in this case Ash).
    So this argument in favor of Ash leaving doesn't hold much water in first place.

We all know how winning one regional league doesn't make you pokemon master, how challenging E4 and champion is only one of steps someone needs to fulfill on his road of becoming best trainer in world. Whole concept of Ash goal wasn't even explored much until Lucian mentioned one of steps.
    Even when you become champion story doesn't need to end there and lack of imagination for sequels of someone story is alarming in this fandom, with plenty other anime examples proving how developed characters can grow forward.

So its not like writers don't have material to work upon with Ash story. After winning league we could see him traveling to other regions entering new leagues and battling stronger trainers. He could do special side quests like Battle Frontier was proving his worth as trainer to evaluators. We could see expansion on his backstory introducing father who could be master himself. Whole HO-oh appearance who shows himself only to special trainers could be injected at some point in his storyline serving as ultimate test for Ash to pass.
    All of this could add new life to Ash character and capture interest even from those who find him "stale".

As opposite to introducing another beginner who is clueless and has no idea what he is doing, going completely from start to learn basics and battle strategies we already saw through Ash.
    Can't say i see point in abandoning all this potential through which writers could do more with already somewhat developed character, in favor of following his clone passing through same things all over again.

If i want to follow this i have always reruns from older sagas to watch.

I would for sure rather follow continuation of Ash story entering harder challenges, battling various evaluators to defend his reputation and advancing on higher levels as trainer actually having experience behind him with basics being covered.
    More experienced trainer means stable and stronger pokemon, deeper development, opportunity to dive more into someone history and go through emotional struggles.

Which leads to more engaging battles, more complex storyline and creates fresh potential which is waiting to be explored taking someone to bigger and better things. Something you cannot do with rookies.

So im still sticking with opinion how Ash shouldn't leave earning his place in pokemon after 15 years. If you kept main protagonist this long,might as well wrap up series with him.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 4th October 2012 at 07:41 AM.
    DracoMan likes this.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvernphlare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 97SaturnSL1 View Post
    A chevy's goal is to move you for all of entirnity. Ash's goal is to become Pokemon master eventually. And since the show is as you said about Ash trying to become a Pokemon master it makes perfect sense to get rid of him because if they don't HE WILL NEVER MAKE ANY REAL PROGRESS
    Ash and pikachu are symbols in the pokemon world because they have been around for over 15 years. if they were to get rid of ash, what would happen to pikachu? pikachu is well known as the face of pokemon. if they got rid of ash and pikachu was given to a different character the anime would focus on (hugh, Kotetsu, Mei, Ect.) it would not feel the same to many people. yes they could have a different pikachu, but most people think a bout pikachu and recall ash's. overall if they were to replace ash it would have to be donr]e in a way not to confuse the new younger generation (moneymakers) to stillkeep their interst.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    People who demand Ash departure because he apparently "wont grow forward" ,don't seem to understand how there is no limit in how much you can develop character being writers call if they want to go deeper.Which brings us to key word in here:willingness to do more. In TV show writers have obligation to maintain viewers interest if they want to keep stable ratings and continue making money. Once current "status quo" fail to attract new viewers like it used to do in past resulting in people losing interest, sooner or later they will be forced to come up with new ideas and do more notable progress with their characters (in this case Ash).
    So this argument in favor of Ash leaving doesn't hold much water in first place.

We all know how winning one regional league doesn't make you pokemon master, how challenging E4 and champion is only one of steps someone needs to fulfill on his road of becoming best trainer in world. Whole concept of Ash goal wasn't even explored much until Lucian mentioned one of steps.
    Even when you become champion story doesn't need to end there and lack of imagination for sequels of someone story is alarming in this fandom, with plenty other anime examples proving how developed characters can grow forward.

So its not like writers don't have material to work upon with Ash story. After winning league we could see him traveling to other regions entering new leagues and battling stronger trainers. He could do special side quests like Battle Frontier was proving his worth as trainer to evaluators. We could see expansion on his backstory introducing father who could be master himself. Whole HO-oh appearance who shows himself only to special trainers could be injected at some point in his storyline serving as ultimate test for Ash to pass.
    All of this could add new life to Ash character and capture interest even from those who find him "stale".

As opposite to introducing another beginner who is clueless and has no idea what he is doing, going completely from start to learn basics and battle strategies we already saw through Ash.
    Can't say i see point in abandoning all this potential through which writers could do more with already somewhat developed character, in favor of following his clone passing through same things all over again.

If i want to follow this i have always reruns from older sagas to watch.

I would for sure rather follow continuation of Ash story entering harder challenges, battling various evaluators to defend his reputation and advancing on higher levels as trainer actually having experience behind him with basics being covered.
    More experienced trainer means stable and stronger pokemon, deeper development, opportunity to dive more into someone history and go through emotional struggles.

Which leads to more engaging battles, more complex storyline and creates fresh potential which is waiting to be explored taking someone to bigger and better things. Something you cannot do with rookies.

So im still sticking with opinion how Ash shouldn't leave earning his place in pokemon after 15 years. If you kept main protagonist this long,might as well wrap up series with him.
    Okay, good to see someone who agrees with me that TPTB could do a lot more with Ash than keep him in the same routine. He should be moving on to bigger and more epic things.

Personally, I think part of why TPTB keep Ash regressing to beginner level is for the new, young Pokefans to have someone to identify with, even though it pisses off some of the veterans like Yours Truly. That's why I think my idea is the best one: let Ash grow to champion level (or close to it) and introduce a rookie trainer as his protege. Becoming a big brother to a rookie (as opposed to needing a big brother, like Brock or Cilan) will do wonders for Ash's development as a trainer and a person, plus the younglings watching the show will see the rookie as someone who's on their level.
    You Might Be A Redneck If...

You think The Nutcracker is something you did off the high dive.
    You've ever smuggled food out of an all-you-can-eat buffet.
    The original color of your carpet is an unsolved mystery.
    You've had more court dates than second dates.
    The closest you've come to royalty is eating at Burger King.
    You've ever stared at a carton of orange juice because it said "concentrate."
    You think a quarterhorse is that ride in front of K-Mart.

Add Chiss on Facebook

I'm fine with Ash, I just wish he would show some growth. Maybe he could age a few years and become a bit more... teenager-like instead of 10 year old kid-like. Who knows.

The sound of drums
    Blog Entries

i don't think is a good idea because ash has show so much experience during since the begining that they couldn't take him out just like that even whit his bw persona he is still an interesting characther that i still have respect for, also the only way the anime could end is if the games die with it
    Caseydia likes this.

Page 57 of 68 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast