Do you think Ash/Satoshi should be replaced? - Page 55

Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 825 of 1020
Like Tree358Likes

Thread: Do you think Ash/Satoshi should be replaced?

  1. #811
    SHSL Gambler CrackFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,342
    Blog Entries
    114

    Default Re: Do you think Ash/Satoshi should be replaced?

    Simple answer, no. That old saying springs to mind 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.
    YamiiDenryuu and Gengarzilla like this.

  2. #812
    pokemon fan 132 pokemon fan 132's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Croatia.
    Posts
    2,688
    Blog Entries
    21

    Default Re: Do you think Ash/Satoshi should be replaced?

    To Masurao: Like you said yourself they cant keep reseting Ash forever, so sooner or later they will have to start taking character forward doing more significant growth in career, if they want to maintain people interest. By now Ash doesn't even feel anymore reset being portrayed as more mature and competent trainer .

    I believe Dawn extended return which no one expected,more references to past regions and characters to strengthen continuity, Brock leaving cast after 13 years, JJM trio becoming serious and organized villains , revival of Giovanni , pokemon rotation Ash started to practice etc are signs how writers started to realize how they need to start changing their approach and current formula if they want to keep attracting people to this show and keep it fresh and enjoyable for them.

    It wouldn't be so much farfetched to expect writing staff deciding to change approach they take with Ash character too,making him finally achieve something of big importance to come closer toward goal of becoming pokemon master and starting to reveal other missing link to help audience better comprehend what are other steps he needs to.
    In other words doing direct continuation of Ash growth as trainer after league in new generation,instead of hampering down his skills and Pikachu like they did at start of every new region(exception being Johto).

    For example in Beyblade when Tyson won world championship his story didn't ended there, having to defend his title and deal with stronger beybladers continuing to learn. If writers do same with Ash doing sequel of story and having him go on bigger and better things, this would bring something new to target audience while also keeping anime entertaining for older generations which watch pokemon too.

    It would be shame to have all that potential Ash story has go to waste when writers could do so many exciting and new things with him. For that reason alone Ash shouldn't leave until he gets fleshed out enough as character and comes close toward achievement of his dream allowing for satisfactory closure.
    With good writing and right vision there is no danger of writers messing up with continuity.It all depends on how much effort and creativity they are willing to put into his growth once they start taking story to higher dimension.

    Which would be much better approach than starting out with new character which begins as rookie not delivering anything which we already didn't saw with Ash.

  3. #813
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    151

    Default Re: Do you think Ash/Satoshi should be replaced?

    the main problem i see with them keeping ash but having him win a league and do something else interesting is thaqt unless the games change the anime wouldn't be able to advertise them any more. which really wouldn't be such a bad thing but i don;t think the writers would do it.

  4. #814
    Registered User Apollonius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Do you think Ash/Satoshi should be replaced?

    I don't think the problem is with Ash. The problem is that he is the spotlight where his experiences are the information dictating the world of Pokemon. The focus should be switched to another charachter already part of the series but maintaining the pretense that this charchter will have to either travel or stay somewhere because of new Pokemon and new experiences that will either further the historical view of the world of Pokemon or increase the details understood about Pokemon.

  5. #815
    Registered User Giovanni Sakaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Viridian City
    Posts
    404

    Default Re: Do you think Ash/Satoshi should be replaced?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apollonius View Post
    I don't think the problem is with Ash. The problem is that he is the spotlight where his experiences are the information dictating the world of Pokemon. The focus should be switched to another charachter already part of the series but maintaining the pretense that this charchter will have to either travel or stay somewhere because of new Pokemon and new experiences that will either further the historical view of the world of Pokemon or increase the details understood about Pokemon.

    Exactly. It was interesting to see the Pokemon World through the eyes of a ten year old boy for a while, but I think it would be much more interesting to get different perspectives. What about the Pokemon World through the eyes of someone who lived five hundred years ago? Someone who fought in Lt. Surges 'war'? A housewife? A police officer? A Team Rocket agent? The imaginative scope of Pokemon is being stifled by Ash.
    It suddenly occurred to Domino that Team Rocket was a massive game of Telephone, using actual telephones, with real-life results that could be really damn scary (for other people, of course).
    Domino sprite in my avatar made by http://jaydeis.deviantart.com/

  6. #816
    Hoe- MISTY CONFIRMED 3Dchu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Uncertain
    Posts
    121
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default Re: Do you think Ash/Satoshi should be replaced?

    Meh, without Ash, for me things wouldn't be the same anymore.

    If he ever wins the league or one of the greatest questions (who is ash's dad) has been solved, maybe.

  7. #817
    Because I can. Caseydia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,787

    Default Re: Do you think Ash/Satoshi should be replaced?

    Quote Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
    Meh, without Ash, for me things wouldn't be the same anymore.

    If he ever wins the league or one of the greatest questions (who is ash's dad) has been solved, maybe.
    I agree. Changing him now would be just sad. However, if they started with someone new, it better not be some new kid who knows nothing of Pokemon. Because if that's the case then why not just keep him?

  8. #818
    Token Evil Teammate CypherFDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Molvania
    Posts
    1,217
    Blog Entries
    118

    Default Re: Do you think Ash/Satoshi should be replaced?

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I agree. Changing him now would be just sad. However, if they started with someone new, it better not be some new kid who knows nothing of Pokemon. Because if that's the case then why not just keep him?
    I agree with this, not because I believe Ash should be kept, but because he's already in been forced back into the role of the rookie anyway, so what's the point in getting a new one?
    Caseydia likes this.

    Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    "Harumpf! I do say, THIS counterfeit was more impressive than THAT counterfeit!"

  9. #819
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Do you think Satoshi should be replaced?

    Ash sucks

  10. #820
    Cuter in real life Iteru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    10,746
    Blog Entries
    87

    Default Re: Do you think Satoshi should be replaced?

    Quote Originally Posted by reginaldx12 View Post
    Ash sucks
    Could you elaborate a bit please, and say why you think he should be replaced?

  11. #821
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,327
    Blog Entries
    41

    Default Re: Do you think Ash/Satoshi should be replaced?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apollonius View Post
    I don't think the problem is with Ash. The problem is that he is the spotlight where his experiences are the information dictating the world of Pokemon. The focus should be switched to another charachter already part of the series but maintaining the pretense that this charchter will have to either travel or stay somewhere because of new Pokemon and new experiences that will either further the historical view of the world of Pokemon or increase the details understood about Pokemon.
    Again with Ash hogging all the spotlight!
    Doesn't other character enough focus !Ash been sharing the spotlight with his female companion since AG!
    Writer wasted all major individual Tournament ark like Don Tournament , Donamite , Wallace Cup & Whirl cup on other character!
    Ya, if you saying that writer should show the anime from other character view while Ash still the main character but he wasn't show in the episode then its fine!
    You know ,
    During DP. I would like Ash to be Replace!
    But now In Best Wish, I don't want Ash to be replace!
    Because Ash's Unova Journey suck's and I don't this Journey to be Ash's Last Journey!!!
    I want Ash's Last Journey to be his Best Journey!
    May be , A League Journey where
    -Ash is treated as a Genius protagonist like the Pokemon adventure Protagonist.
    -Ash has a older Main Rival who has a Legendary Pokemon.
    -A series which is similar to manga or B2W2 Animated Promo
    -Ash didn't lose to any same-aged rival.
    -Ash travel alone in a Bicycle & didn't need 2 bodyguard to look after him
    -Ash's Pokemon develop quicker or he caught fully evolve & developed pokemon.
    -Ash manage to change a lot of people life for the better
    -Ash has a Tsundere female rival
    -Ash get a delinquent rival who hate Ash & aim to beat Ash
    -Ash has a harem
    -Ash get's a great rival circle & friend Circle
    -A Journey where all the rival & referring character are attach to Ash
    -The League conference or World Tournament involve a villain who threaten the World of Pokemon!
    After a Journey like that,
    I will like Ash to be replaced !

  12. #822
    The Fire type :) mwetwe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Lincoln
    Posts
    291
    Trophies

    Default Re: Do you think Ash/Satoshi should be replaced?

    I think most people here have grown up with ash and therefore will always feel its not the same with a different character. I think a younger community would probably be more happier with a new anime that they can grow up with.

  13. #823
    Crimson Fighter Phoenixphlare's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,092
    Blog Entries
    196

    Default Re: Do you think Ash/Satoshi should be replaced?

    I think replacing Ash is sensible since to keep him on the show they have to keep ignoring his progress which is weird because the whole point of the show is progress. I rather go out with some dignity rather derp around every year even if he's been around for a long time. Like I said before the context of the story is what matters not how many years it has been around. And I think they didn't have a chance to replace him until recently
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

  14. #824
    Because I can. Caseydia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,787

    Default Re: Do you think Ash/Satoshi should be replaced?

    I don't think it's necessary to replace him now. They could have done it in Hoenn but that would be too much. Unova would have been the best time, but I liked Ash in Sinnoh, so I wanted to see how things would be for him after that. Big mistake.

    Ash is now a memorable icon. If you say the word "Ash/Satoshi" kids automatically know who you are talking about. If Ash does end up leaving for good, then everyone esle that he was involved around him such as the girls, would be also gone. So be careful what you wish for just for one person.

  15. #825
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    469

    Default Re: Do you think Ash/Satoshi should be replaced?

    Eh, I think it's too late to replace him. If they had replaced him at the end of Kanto, it would've worked, but now it would be totally unfair for the fans who have been waiting for years and years for him to become a Pokémon Master. (I doubt that will ever happen, since it would probably be the end of the show and Ash and Pikachu pretty much shit money, but still...)
    つまらないものはさっさと消去。

Page 55 of 68 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •