Do you think Ash/Satoshi should be replaced? - Page 52

Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Like Tree358Likes

Thread: Do you think Ash/Satoshi should be replaced?

Default Re: Do you think Ash/Satoshi should be replaced?

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    15 years with Ash is enough.
    You clearly don't understand how these things work... the fact it's been 15 years and still counting, only makes it much less likely for them to ever give up on Ash

I'd rather see his story end then him still be here another 10 years from now doing the same thig in region 8 with friends 12 and 13 getting badges 67 and 72z
    Well, you won't HAVE to watch it if you don't like it, you know...

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

15 years with Ash is enough. He doesn't need to be fixed because he's essentially the same thing over and over.
    The fact that he's been around so long is still more of a sign that Ash will stay than a reason for him to leave. Why bother keeping him around that long if the writers had any interest in eventually replacing him anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd
    I'd rather see his story end then him still be here another 10 years from now doing the same thig in region 8 with friends 12 and 13 getting badges 67 and 72z
    I still don't see how ending his story now would offer much closer, especially when I could see the writers just having Ash and Pikachu continue traveling to an unnamed region to keep catching more Pokemon. I also don't really see how another ten years is going to make much of a difference when you've been watching for about fourteen years anyway. Ash still being the main character ten years from now shouldn't be much of an issue when you get to your late twenties or early thirties anyway. He's been doing the same thing for years too, so another ten years shouldn't make that much of a difference.
    Piplup and Caseydia like this.

I know 15 years is alot but Pokemon is still very popular in many countries and people still love the games and manga. They could replace Ash but I guess it's up to them on do they really want to give up on him and create a new character. It's alot of work to create a new character because there is new material and new plots in ways to make his or hers personality. Pikachu I believe is also big issue. Somebody somewhere loves Pikachu. He is on every game and forefront. Unless they will have another Pikachu given to someone else, then I rather him stay. It really doesn't make a difference if it's him or someone else. It would still all be about gym badges and basically similar things anyway. Besides, things would have been different if Ash is not around now. Iris and Cilan probably wouldn't be involved as they are, plus Ash's Pokemon have always had interesting personalities compared to everyone elses and I like the rivals and other people on the show. I guess I'm saying that I'm glad he's still here. I know he's still the same age and what not but he has been a big piece of my childhood. It would make me sad to see him go away without atleast some better closure. Hopefully one day it will come.

Blog Entries

Ash changes so much between series', he practically does get replaced, every time he goes to a new region. Except it doesn't seem like it because he gets replaced by himself, albeit a new version of himself.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Teddiursaring View Post
    Ash changes so much between series', he practically does get replaced, every time he goes to a new region. Except it doesn't seem like it because he gets replaced by himself, albeit a new version of himself.
    That doesn't make sense to me he still himself the shift from DP to BW is just bad writing and if that is the case than they should not use Satoshi because they don't know what to do with him and right now it is insulting.

Sometime you gotta put the brush down look at how pissed off Star Wars fans were at the remastering and prequel but Red tails was well received.

And people keep mentioning ohh it doesn't have to have beginning middle and end but that's what made Avatar so popular is that it was fleshed out and made to end. WHEN I WAS NINE I got pissed off that in "a scare to remember" that they only showed clips from AG in the friendship montage especially since they were using clips that were from filler. None of the real defining moments were there. So kids can be pissed off about the flimsy usage of Ash hell the only reason why I didn't stop watching was because A I didn't have cable and B I loved Pokemon so much for so long and so did my brothers that I consider it part of my identity. But with more channel options and netflix instant watch I doubt any other kids are going EVER feel like they are obligated to watch something that they aren't crazy about hell the 3DS isn't taking off because of the freaking mobile games market so less pokemon players less pokemon watchers.

Hell Cartoon network doesn't advertise it anymore remember back when it was on the WB how many shows came before it for Saturday morning cartoons that was fucking prime now it noticeably earlier.

And also like I said before Satoshi bored me at times AS A CHILD the market is more competitive and they aren't doing a thing about it.

So it makes does make some sense from a business stand point if they consider western countries

Blog Entries

Follow HumanDawn on Tumblr

If GameFreak keeps on using the same formula with new additions to it every generation, the anime has to follow suit. I think that they should keep Ash for the gym quest and use a different protagonist when they want to advertise a different game.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Makes you wonder what will happen if the games ever drop the Gym quest. It might be the only way to see Ash finally gone.

Makes you wonder what will happen if the games ever drop the Gym quest. It might be the only way to see Ash finally gone.
    Considering that B/W were the closest to a reboot for the video game series and they still included a Gym quest, I seriously doubt that they'll ever get rid of it in future games. That's one of the main aspects of the games, in the main series, and while they always try to change things around, I don't think that they would go that route.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Maybe. If they ever do a more fully story driven game though, the Gyms might be dropped, or at least done in a different way.

Maybe. If they ever do a more fully story driven game though, the Gyms might be dropped, or at least done in a different way.
    We pretty much had a more story driven game in the last couple of generations and in B/W, the Gyms became more secondary compared to defeating the evil teams. I doubt that they would drop them at this point. Even then, they would just be replaced with some other means of strengthening your Pokemon, which Ash would automatically want to do too when he gets to that region just because he wants to. So, I don't really see how dropping Gyms would be a sure-fire way to get rid of Ash.

They'll never give up on the Gyms+evil team formula... like, seriously... it's what the games ARE... for doings different things we have things like Mystery Dungeon, Ranger, Conquest, and all these random spin off games (pinball, puzzle, whatever...)
    The main series is well established by now to make any drastic changes after 15 years... they proved that if they want to try different things they can always do it in these side games while still keeping the main series running at the same time with same old formula + refreshing it too in ways other than removing the Gyms

I agree. Although sometimes I do get tired of doing gyms so much that my heads starts hurting, watching Ash do them is more fun.

Blog Entries

There is nothing wrong with the gym quest but Ash isn't the only one who is allowed to do a gym quest many supporting characters collect badges so it is connected to Ash in any way so I can't see why it is valid to the conversation. And Like I said look at 3DS sales apple is doing damage to Nintendo and if less people care about the games less people are going to care about the anime and look cartoon network isn't dependent on pokemon the same way WB was so looking at western market replacing Ash will be worth it if makes the show better which looking at BW it probably will. Since Ash is semi iconic the replacement show will generate a lot buzz AND if it is good people are going to watch it. Second golden age of Pokemon right there. I mean look at the death of Superman lots of people bought that comic killing Superman made superman relevant again but Superman was too Iconic so they had to bring him back and that pissed people off. But Theres the thing Ash isn't nearly as Iconic. He's no Superman or Mickey Mouse not even in Japan they have Astro Boy and Godzilla for that. Ash is semi iconic pokemon without Ash is still Pokemon hell the games don't even have him. He's not in brawl or special. He's not dying his journey would be ending so no one would be pissed if he reappears. This is golden opportunity that they can't pass up cause if they don't do it soon it may be to late.

I think Ash should go. Its not that he's a bad character, its just that Its gotten old. I want to actually watch a Pokemon Season where it really is "A Whole New World we live in!" I want to watch a Pokemon Journey from the eyes of a brand new Trainer. That's the reason Season 1 was so great. Now the battles aren't nearly as exciting because Ash's Pikachu Never learns any new attacks because its freaking past Lv.500 By now. I just want a season NOT ALL FOCUSED ON ASH

OSHAWHAT?

^ Do you mean no moves besides Electro Ball?

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaphlare View Post
    So it makes does make some sense from a business stand point if they consider western countries
    But why do they have to resort look outside their own country in order to make that decision? (Of course, that's assuming a lot of kids in the West aren't interested in seeing Ash.)

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaphlare
    hell the 3DS isn't taking off because of the freaking mobile games market so less pokemon players less pokemon watchers.
    But there aren't any main Pokemon games on the 3DS yet anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia
    It's alot of work to create a new character because there is new material and new plots in ways to make his or hers personality.
    Not necessarily. It depends on how complicated they want to make things, and how much they have to fight off the doubting that replacing Ash is a good idea. Then again, they probably wouldn't replace him until Ash is really unpopular among Japanese kids, so... yeah....

Quote Originally Posted by Piplup
    Well, you won't HAVE to watch it if you don't like it, you know...
    Some people want to see things to the end, not wanting to resort to leaving the show before it ends.

I have mixed feelings about an ending though. I'd like to see Ash's last episode since it's been already 700+ episodes and all, but the main reason all these years I've wanted to is because I wanted Ash to become a Pokemon Master. If we don't see that in the last episode, or maybe even if we don't see him about to become one... we'll (some people will) have watched 700+ episodes to see Ash... not become a Pokemon Master. I'd suppose for some that'd still be better than it still going.
    Last edited by Rex Kamex; 26th April 2012 at 11:32 PM.
    Seasons =/= Regions

Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast