Do you think Ash/Satoshi should be replaced? - Page 14

Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
Like Tree358Likes

Thread: Do you think Ash/Satoshi should be replaced?

Also known as Kameinu. himanuts's Avatar
    Follow himanuts On Twitter Add himanuts on Facebook Add himanuts on Google+
    Follow himanuts on Tumblr Visit himanuts's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Do you think Satoshi should be replaced?

Quote Originally Posted by bpj1999 View Post
    Why would they waste their time to designa new character and a new background story? There is no point! Once again, what about the kids who still grew up with Ash, but aren't old enough that it's expected for them to stop watching?
    Meet Hilbert, a 10 year old from Nuvema Town. One day he got up to get his starter Pokemon from Proffessor Juniper, but when he got there was told she had gone over to his neighbor, Hilda's house with the Pokemon. When he arrives there to his dismay the starter Pokemon have been taken! He storms out of the place and ends up in a clearing. He sees something move within the bushes. To his surprise, an injured Pikachu?! But those are rare in Unova! Now join Hilbert and his new partner as they travel through the Unova region, make new friends Iris and Cilan, battle rivals Bianca, Cheren and Hilda, confront Team Plasma and the mysterious N and find out about Pikachu's past all while trying to conquer the Unova League!

Not that hard to come up with a story. And the designs are already done. And doing this they don't risk ruining what's been established with Ash and friends.

Blog Entries

Follow Bubble Frog on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Gliscor'd View Post
    Yet the show continues to change every saga. They obviously like changing things. If they "didn't fix which wasn't broken," the show would have stayed the same way it was in Johto.
    Why should they get rid of Satoshi? Answer please.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gotpika View Post
    Why should they get rid of Satoshi? Answer please.
    I ANSWER FOR HIM MULTIPLE TIMES. He isn't as interesting and there is lots of potential given the setting for a great character!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaphlare View Post
    I ANSWER FOR HIM MULTIPLE TIMES. He isn't as interesting and there is lots of potential given the setting for a great character!
    Sorry, that's not how it works. Like Adamant and Piplup said the producers aren't going to cater to anime nerds on the internet. Especially when the show is doing it's job perfectly and over exceling.

Blog Entries

The Pokemon Anime seems to have already etched itself around his story. If Satoshi goes down, he might drag the Anime down with him.

Their's really no reason whatsoever to replace Satoshi. The Risk, of course, is tremendously high. Sacrificing the millions of people loyal to the show (by deleting the character that is as important to them as it is to the anime) isn't worth pleasing a small ammount of new children that begin to watch the anime each week.

By the way, Gliscor'd, quit stalling. We all know you dont have an answer.

Ace Trainer Christy
    Videos | Art | Games

OSHAWHAT?

Some things to consider...

Closure doesn't have to be desired merely by people who've been watching Ash since 1997. Many people who start watching Ash in, say, BW! also want to see Ash become a master. Or perhaps want/not mind seeing some eventual closure for him.

Also, I don't see why they wouldn't give Ash at least decent closure whenever they'd do so- he's been around for more than a decade, so I don't think the writers would want to just write him off in some minor way.

The former director guy said what he said, but I'm sure the writers would replace Ash come a time that enough kids don't care about him and the writers worry that the newer kids will feel the same way. Or if the writers themselves feel tired of Ash and don't think there'd be a huge popularity loss from replacing him. Although, if they're considering replacing Ash with a guy with a somewhat different personality, they could've either given Ash that personality or a side character with Ash.

Another thing to think... what does Ash's voice actor think about Ash getting replaced? Would she or would she not mind if Ash was replaced? I doubt she'd voice the new guy, even with a different sounding voice.

Quote Originally Posted by bpj1999 View Post
    And what would happen to those kids stuck in the middle between generation? They spend a few years getting to know Ash and Pikachu, and then boom they replace him.
    They won't be scarred for life if that were to happen.

Again, this is all coming from someone who wishes Ash left after they stop making generations of Pokemon. I know why they keep him and all that. And I did read the replies made by my post asking about ratings (gotpika said something about it, and someone else responded to me and I read that).

Not saying don't reply to me though.
    Seasons =/= Regions

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainerChristy View Post
    By the way, Gliscor'd, quit stalling. We all know you dont have an answer.
    What exactly are you looking for? I said Ash can be removed because the series isn't about him, its about the Pokemon. Kids who stop watching are replacing by new kids.

Any fan over the age of 10 who stops watching Pokemon because precious Ash is not in it would not even register a "blip" on the shows ratings. Going even further than that, most fans of Kanto are now in their 20's, they're long moved on except for a handful.

Blog Entries

I said Ash can be removed
    You keep telling us he can.

Not why he should.

Ace Trainer Christy
    Videos | Art | Games

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

What exactly are you looking for? I said Ash can be removed because the series isn't about him, its about the Pokemon. Kids who stop watching are replacing by new kids.

Any fan over the age of 10 who stops watching Pokemon because precious Ash is not in it would not even register a "blip" on the shows ratings. Going even further than that, most fans of Kanto are now in their 20's, they're long moved on except for a handful.
    The Pokemon games aren't about Ash, but the various anime series definitely are about Ash. I'm pretty sure that each series has started with saying how this is Ash's journey, although I don't recall if they did that opening narration bit in AG. So, when the series follows around the same character for years on his journey, then I think it's about that particular character. I still don't think that ratings would drop significantly if they did replace Ash. It's possible, but I'm not sure if it would result in a huge lost in ratings. I think that there's a bigger risk marketing wise. Ash has been the main character for fourteen years and I'd imagine that they use Ash and Pikachu for promoting the anime, as well as creating merchandise based around both of them. I don't think that they'd want to take the risk because of how well known Ash is at this point and there's absolutely no financial motivation for the writers to take a risk like that at this point.

Blog Entries

Why should he be replaced? What's the point? Things are going great so what's the point?

Blog Entries

You keep telling us he can.

Not why he should.
    For the same reasons they replaced any other main character. The show could have theoretically went on with the original trio forever. Instead, both Misty and Brock went bye-bye. Then the characters who came in after them also left. And Iris/Cilan will most likely leave when BW ends too.

What could have happened is AG could have been about Brendan and May, then DP could have been about Lucas and Dawn, etc.

But regardless, the series is about the monsters, not the humans. Ash can be dropped for the same reasons any other main character was.

Blog Entries

For the same reasons they replaced any other main character. The show could have theoretically went on with the original trio forever. Instead, both Misty and Brock went bye-bye. Then the characters who came in after them also left. And Iris/Cilan will most likely leave when BW ends too.

What could have happened is AG could have been about Brendan and May, then DP could have been about Lucas and Dawn, etc.

But regardless, the series is about the monsters, not the humans. Ash can be dropped for the same reasons any other main character was.
    Your not answering why he "should" be replaced. Why should they replace Satoshi, when everything all good?

Blog Entries

Your still telling us he can. But why- when everything is going great- should the producers drop the lead character they had for generations? Just because they can?

Please tell us how dropping Satoshi will help the franchise. -_-

Ace Trainer Christy
    Videos | Art | Games

Blog Entries

Your still telling us he can. But why- when everything is going great- should the producers drop the lead character they had for generations? Just because they can?

Please tell us how dropping Satoshi will help the franchise. -_-
    Who said it has to help the franchise? They can drop him and use the male lead of Gen 6.

Why would they want to? Perhaps the writers will feel they're done with his character, the VA may want to retire, or they feel the next gen would benefit working with an all new character.

If the next games don't have Gyms for whatever reason, they may also go with a new character for that reason.

Blog Entries

Who said it has to help the franchise? They can drop him and use the male lead of Gen 6.

Why would they want to? Perhaps the writers will feel they're done with his character, the VA may want to retire, or they feel the next gen would benefit working with an all new character.

If the next games don't have Gyms for whatever reason, they may also go with a new character for that reason.
    Since that's all assuming things and not actual reasons to replace him. That whole point is cold. The writers aren't going to risk there money just for the hell of it.

Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast